Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These small wins of getting appointments and closer to a diagnosis are all moving you forward to a better place TS so well done you.

@kachoochoo can someone else make the appointment for you? Would that make it easier? At least you know you are in good company here as we all seem to be able to look after everyone else but put our own needs on the back burner.

Ok so if we are all doing me rails then here is mine
I have come to the conclusion that I really like the man I have been seeing - in my head I have tried to keep it casual but we had two days together this week and it feels very 'couple-y'. For so many reasons its not going to work as a relationship and as a result I think I have been denying how I feel. I started chatting to him last summer and then this all started last September (all documented on here like Hansard) so time wise its been a long time. I am now in a position where I want a relationship but I cant step away from him as I like him. But, I want to see a future where I can plan holidays and christmas with someone. Someone give me a Ted Talk please.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
These small wins of getting appointments and closer to a diagnosis are all moving you forward to a better place TS so well done you.

@kachoochoo can someone else make the appointment for you? Would that make it easier? At least you know you are in good company here as we all seem to be able to look after everyone else but put our own needs on the back burner.

I have come to the conclusion that I really like the man I have been seeing - in my head I have tried to keep it casual but we had two days together this week and it feels very 'couple-y'. For so many reasons its not going to work as a relationship and as a result I think I have been denying how I feel. I started chatting to him last summer and then this all started last September (all documented on here like Hansard) so time wise its been a long time. I am now in a position where I want a relationship but I cant step away from him as I like him. But, I want to see a future where I can plan holidays and christmas with someone. Someone give me a Ted Talk please.
I'm probably the wrong person for a TED talk but feelings are the worst! Letting your head rule your heart never works as there's always 'what ifs' and 'maybes'. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, Uni-Bear. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Morning Ninnies, I hope everyone is doing ok today. Sorry to get all up in your life’s work @Falkor but we’ve got these little beauties in a field in my village at the moment 🥰
2613D930-CBC1-49E5-B913-0BE9E98583B3.jpeg

Argh, feelings are annoying aren’t they. I wish I could help but I can only offer empathy for what it’s worth. You have to do what’s right for you though, if this is making you unhappy then you need to lay it on the line to him and tell him how you feel. If it’s not reciprocated then cut contact (which is hard as duck and I’ve had to do it myself and it’s tit) because you’ll just make yourself more miserable. Not great advice maybe but that’s all I’ve got, there’s a reason why I’m a single asexual 😂 seriously though I wish you well with whatever you decide to do x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm not going to say much on this, as I don't know enough but I think some of the cases she insensitively invokes are actually failures in care which led to the deaths.

Small grunking, but…

One of the people mentioned lived a mile or so away from me, and as a result there was a lot of chatter on the local FB group. There were severe MH issues at play, support that didn’t happen for whatever reasons, people were vile enough to suggest that his adult children were to blame for not visiting often enough (whilst having zero clue about the actual family dynamics at play) and the failings were not just the benefits system

As for her loaded parents and their foster children, it seems to me there are two options here

- They are genuinely nice people and Jack is a toxic, entitled mess and they have long been sick of her tit

- They are toxic arseholes showboating with foster kids (not unheard of), and Jack is a product of a seemingly lovely but in reality chaotic upbringing in which her needs were never met even as a child so it wouldn’t occur her to ask them for help as an adult.

My only sort of reliable parent, my Dad, comes off as lovely and has indeed had all of my adult step siblings live with him at some point over the last decade either for a few weeks/months in between jobs/to help relocate or in the case of one of them, for 2 bleeping years.

Because he has refused to even lend emotional or practical support (he has a van, is gainfully self employed so could have taken days off here and there to help me sort/pack/take things to storage and therefore save me 100s of pounds) - he hasn’t even offered the bare minimum of anything and ignores any messages asking - let alone have me live there - everyone assumes I’m some sort of bleeping dirt bag wrong ‘un and that’s why he doesn’t help.

Incorrect. It’s because my step Mum is a controlling, abusive witch and of course it’s okay for HER kids to stay with them, but not me. Because I’m not hers, and she’s always been obsessed, jealous and openly hostile. Even her kids and my Grandparents recognise and acknowledge that.

And it’s so painful for me anyway, because my Dad has never stood his/my ground, won’t accept that she’s abusive - not even when I called the police when I went over and she was physically attacking him - it wasn’t the first time I’d witnessed it, it wasn’t the last but as they moved 100s of miles away a decade ago, I have no clue if it still occurs but I’d wager it does, and then on top, I have people making incorrect assumptions about me and my character because “your own Dad won’t even help you”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Not a former mumsnetter but I don’t think you need to ask for permission full stop? Although if you’re using one of those spray guns apparently it can go through to the other side so it’s best practice to keep the same colour and check they’ve not got washing out?

In the selling house documents the ownership stuff is really murky with who maintains the boundaries being what’s asked moreso than what’s on the deeds for some reason. So we actually own the pavement and road in front of our house but the council maintain it as it’s a normal road so that’s what we wrote down. We only own 2 of the 3 fences in the garden but we’ve maintained all 3 in our time here so what’s what we’ve put down 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t think it’s as straight forward or as scary as the boundary squabbles you see in the papers are where someone bankrupts themselves over an overhanging tree or a shed near a fence?
Thank you for your house knowledge. ❤. Painted all three sides. No queries so far.

We should know this stuff but we don’t. We know all about chancel surveys though.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. No advice on the relationship front I am afraid @Universal . Can I send a tunnel dog instead (she was on her early morning run and had caught a very flattering sunbeam)?

BB88CF4E-9362-47ED-BF82-ADD03C61B31D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@heretoreaditall2019 - can confirm cooking shop bought in a pizza oven does indeed make them taste better. Nice crispy bottoms, super bubbly melted cheese 😋. I don't have one but used a big, charcoal fired one when I was away once for this, works great.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi guys. I haven't been keeping up with the MT at all, but I still check here sometimes. Sorry about everyone's doctor woes :( I'm having those too, so I send extra sympathy-os.

Here's a moon pic I took from my bedroom window. It was so bright! Disappointed that there are no little aliens visible, though. They must be sleeping inside their cheese craters.

1653147560646.jpeg

Hope you're all having a good day x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Lads, hope you've all had a lovely day🥰
I've been BUSY doing my vital campaign work. I'm now about to spend eleventy seventh hours over the next day, riffing other people's recipes and scouring BBC Good Food for new ideas to scam my gullible sycophants into keeping me from actually ever doing any real work. All for FREE. As you can see, I've just had a manicure so I'm good to go..Literally just running on cold fury and bilious rage now so if you'd like to pop something into my tip jar that would be smashing, thankyou.

*I've been gardening and now having a Pimms*
20220521_172709.jpg

Oh @Geetbo he's an absolute beauty😍
What a handsome little chap❤🐕 xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I probably would have fallen into this when just out of uni. Worked in a bar all through uni and when I didn’t get a day job straight away I got full time shifts in a bar and was surrounded by lots of arts type people so we
I probably would have fallen into this when just out of uni. Worked in a bar all through uni and when I didn’t get a day job straight away I got full time shifts in a bar and was surrounded by lots of arts type people so we would have had nice ‘culture”
It made me laugh, all my friends went to Uni straight after sixth form and are in well established careers, whereas I just floated for 14 years before going back to college then Uni and only graduated last year 🥴 Lucky fucks have paid their (tiny by comparison) loans off and I’m here at 35 with 60K student debt

Reactions: 7
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
thanks for your responses and support lads. you're a great bunch of ninnies ❤ I'll get there, I promise

had a pleasant enough day just sitting around, which tbh, is my favourite type of day any time. pizza time for me now!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Omg I think I’m in love what a gorgeous boy 😍😍

Is there a possibility if changes were made that a relationship could work or is it a complete no go?
It is the hardest thing in the world when your heart wants something that your head doesn’t.
Feelings ey who’d have em?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Melting right now @Geetbo . Whippet?

How has the day been with the new arrival?
Yeah he’s a whippet. I absolutely love them.

Pretty good day actually, you forget how full on puppies are don’t you.

I have two other dogs, one of them absolutely loves and kind of puppy or kitten so is obsessed with him, and the other is also a whippet so is ignoring him completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.