Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, a lovely lady from the Facebook MC group
loved Susan so much she painted her! I had to crop it out because triangle but she wrote 'This cat captured my heart so I followed my heart and caught the cat'
The lady actually lives in Israel (lol)
View attachment 1320967
That's wonderful ♥
I’m in awe of animalo knowledge. Hope you have caught it in time. Sending first aid hugs to SH.

@NellieBoo spoilering as very much a me-rail.

Thank you for thinking of me ❤. It was essentially a festival in a residential (albeit a mainly HMO) street. We had a stage with a DJ, a couple of food stands, red bull cars, bars etc. in a 70m stretch. However, the police (2 cars came and stayed the whole time) made sure it was OK and it took us an hour to clean up this morning. It’s done though and the VC and PVC were scared of the media getting hold of it (after the Rod Liddle incident) so they came down too.
I'm glad it's over for you all!
The treasonous trifle is finally finished! I am quite proud of my efforts as this is my first time ever a) making swiss rolls, amaretti biscuits, jelly and custard, and b) doing any kind of fancy dessert decorating. The dragon is my fave, although it tastes very slightly of onions because I evidently didn't clean the salad bowl thoroughly enough before melting the chocolate in it 😂 I will update on how the rest of it tastes tomorrow but can confirm the individual parts were all good!

Besides the decorations this is the original recipe halved - it was very fun to make and I recommend it to any non-vegans who enjoy baking. Although it took forever the individual parts were all straightforward, there were just lots of them, and it needed surprisingly little equipment (I was a bit worried about that as I only have one mixing bowl). To get half the amount of juice it says in the recipe I needed five lemons and half an orange. I also used Dr Oetker vege-gel instead of gelatin and it worked fine.

Only thing I will say is Jack was actually right about the price, it did cost in the region of £35 for all the ingredients even doing the scaled down version 😬 Most of that was the amaretto, which I love so I didn't mind, but if you're not likely to use it much then you could probably substitute a few drops of almond extract - it's only used to flavour the biscuits anyway.
That looks amazing! What a lot of skills you've practiced making it. That's 10/10 commitment there for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bit late, but I want to say how much I much love racoon hands before we hit a new thread. That is all.

Except for maybe I agree re Queenie, was lovely to see her looking so happy but she deserves to sack it off now, seventy years is a loooooong time.

ETA for anyone who missed it (I didn't watch a single thing!)

(The clip isn't appearing for me, no idea what I've done, it's just a video of the tantrum!)

I have no strong feelings about the monarchy but Kate seems like a wonderful mum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hotes, how did your migraine end up? Did you have anymore? Please do a diary, even if they aren’t CH it can help you identify triggers.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hotes, how did your migraine end up? Did you have anymore? Please do a diary, even if they aren’t CH it can help you identify triggers.

❤
Thanks tunnely, it did go eventually although it’s back just now. I just think it’s a migraine/headache from hormones. I definitely had bits of nausea and light sensitivity at times. Sometimes I’m unsure if cripplingly painful headaches qualify as migraines. I kind of think if it’s so bad you have to sleep, that’s a mole, sorry, that’s a migraine.
I’m kind of pissed off as I take amitriptyline daily to prevent migraines and it’s not really working.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Bit late, but I want to say how much I much love racoon hands before we hit a new thread. That is all.

Except for maybe I agree re Queenie, was lovely to see her looking so happy but she deserves to sack it off now, seventy years is a loooooong time.

ETA for anyone who missed it (I didn't watch a single thing!)

(The clip isn't appearing for me, no idea what I've done, it's just a video of the tantrum!)

I have no strong feelings about the monarchy but Kate seems like a wonderful mum.
My mum would have taken the skin off my legs if I’d done this 😂😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks tunnely, it did go eventually although it’s back just now. I just think it’s a migraine/headache from hormones. I definitely had bits of nausea and light sensitivity at times. Sometimes I’m unsure if cripplingly painful headaches qualify as migraines. I kind of think if it’s so bad you have to sleep, that’s a mole, sorry, that’s a migraine.
I’m kind of pissed off as I take amitriptyline daily to prevent migraines and it’s not really working.
If you take that and it isn’t working you need to go back. Maybe try a triptan. I need to go to the shop but I will do a spoilered post on migraine medication if you want (not linked to CH but migraines in general). I was on amytriptyline at the beginning. ❤

• Heart
From a deleted outing post on the MT where it is just 🤯, to the calm of here (I got angry, didn’t think before I posted and then decided I ought to delete).

Trying to chill out. Found this and thought of you all.

AD898263-3CB3-444A-AD69-EEEBC543E449.jpeg

• Haha
😂
Still in Jersey! Fly home tomorrow. It’s been amazing. The weather has mostly been lovely and we’ve had lots of fun. MasterFroggies hasn’t really eaten which is super annoying - he’s going through the fussiest stage I’ve ever know - but we’ve tried not to let it become an issue. We had afternoon tea today so I’ve been bloated for hours but now I’m hungry. Mr Froggies doesn’t want anything and I’ll feel ridiculous ordering just a bowl of chips on room service 😂
I follow various cat accounts on Instagram and a Canadian charity called Tiny Kittens. They rescue ferals and strays, educate, and run a TNR (Trap Neuter Return) scheme for a few local feral colonies. I've seen dozens of live births (and deaths) over the last decade. It's heart breaking and inspiring in equal measure. You can view here if interested.

This is the latest family of orphaned kittens settling in.

Fellow Tiny Kittens fan! Fist bump!

Warning to fellow fraus, prepare yourselves for Grandpa Mason and Cassidy the wonder kitten. Sob story central. Grandpa Mason was an absolute legend, and still can't watch his videos without crying. He lived out his days so happy and loved.

Mod edit new thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.