Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm obsessed with Nicola Walker, I can't take my eyes off her whenever she's on screen. She's in a play at the National Theatre starting soon and I both want to go and see her and am afraid of how magnetic she might be in real life.
Yup, not going to do something like that. Haven’t been around anyone other than Mrs T and students for over 2 years and definitely don’t know what would happen if I saw her in RL. Probably faint.

In the final scene of the final episode of this series, she looks at the camera and smiles. OMG. I just melted. Butterflies just thinking about that scene now.

Liverpool sounds fab for eateries.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yup, not going to do something like that. Haven’t been around anyone other than Mrs T and students for over 2 years and definitely don’t know what would happen if I saw her in RL. Probably faint.

In the final scene of the final episode of this series, she looks at the camera and smiles. OMG. I just melted. Butterflies just thinking about that scene now.

Liverpool sounds fab for eateries.
Liverpool is getting good for the foodstuffs in the last few years. Which is nice because back in the day we only had Caesars Palace or that other American place just down from it. And they were basically like a TGIs type of food, but not that good.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have heard good things too about the chippy - not heard of that other place.

Yes Rough Hand Made moved to the Dock - those spinach and feta things were food of the gods for non local fraus this is the gallery of their wares from the website This Is Us | Rough Hand Made

Now I cant stop thinking about the pitta bread....
I need to get myself to Liverpool stat 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Were we all in Manchester in the 90s?

Did anyone make a foray into posho Alderey Edge? There was a club there where we went to if we wanted to see a footballer- Yesterday’s. Ugh.

Hope you are ok Hotes.
Another 90s Manchester-o here! Talk of Manto and Via Fossa made me 😆 Were we all on Paradise Factory dancefloor at the same time?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Liverpool is getting good for the foodstuffs in the last few years. Which is nice because back in the day we only had Caesars Palace or that other American place just down from it. And they were basically like a TGIs type of food, but not that good.
Uncle Sam's? They were the days. So much choice now in town and the suburbs.

Sorry non Liverpool people who clicked on the RHM link! We go most weeks part way round the bike for a cortado & croissant. The hot chocolate is good too.

Only just finishing work after a mad busy week so my dinner is an Indian delivery. Lamb kebab starter, one of the chef specials as my main.

• Heart
Were we all in Manchester in the 90s?
I was a 42s/5th Ave/Ritz/Jabez Clegg/Corbières/Fab Café/Temple of Convenience indie kid. We had enough premiership footballers at school, we were all about boys with fringes and guitars and girls in PVC miniskirts and underwear as outerwear.

• Heart
Soz to not be able to be on topic - but have only been to Liverpool for an emergency passport appt lol - googled butterholic purely because of the name and those are v Instagrammable croissants!

Did anyone else not realise we have a 4 day weekend coming up? 😅 Thinking of how to fill the time with a toddler and praying for good weather as it makes life so much easier 😬 has anyone got any fun plans lined up? Toddler related or not! x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Another 90s Manchester-o here! Talk of Manto and Via Fossa made me 😆 Were we all on Paradise Factory dancefloor at the same time?!
I was on Tuesdays!!!!

I was a 42s/5th Ave/Ritz/Jabez Clegg/Corbières/Fab Café/Temple of Convenience indie kid. We had enough premiership footballers at school, we were all about boys with fringes and guitars and girls in PVC miniskirts and underwear as outerwear.
Guilty. I feel like I applied for a job at 5th Ave but didn’t get it, but was glad because Ai think the shift was until 4am 😳 saying that I went through a phase of going to Napoleons until around 3am on Fri or Sat? That’s right Jack, a late night Trans friendly space at the time you were in juniors.

Soz to not be able to be on topic - but have only been to Liverpool for an emergency passport appt lol - googled butterholic purely because of the name and those are v Instagrammable croissants!

Did anyone else not realise we have a 4 day weekend coming up? 😅 Thinking of how to fill the time with a toddler and praying for good weather as it makes life so much easier 😬 has anyone got any fun plans lined up? Toddler related or not! x
Sorry for Liverpool-railing. If I go and I acquire grammable food, I shall take pics for you.
I feel your kid activities are quite sophisticated, what with the sensory jelly and all. My kind of babysitting involved “here’s a box of old tit and empty cartons pens and stickers, invent a robot/car/house whilst I watch tv.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ice lollies at chucking out time were the tits, though. Genius.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m so ready for the long weekend, no exciting plans though. Loving all the Liverpool chat! I’m afraid I’ve only been once, and was a total tourist, done the Beatles tour and saw the giant weather map, but really loved it there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I was on Tuesdays!!!!

Guilty. I feel like I applied for a job at 5th Ave but didn’t get it, but was glad because Ai think the shift was until 4am 😳 saying that I went through a phase of going to Napoleons until around 3am on Fri or Sat? That’s right Jack, a late night Trans friendly space at the time you were in juniors.

Sorry for Liverpool-railing. If I go and I acquire grammable food, I shall take pics for you.
I feel your kid activities are quite sophisticated, what with the sensory jelly and all. My kind of babysitting involved “here’s a box of old tit and empty cartons pens and stickers, invent a robot/car/house whilst I watch tv.
Oh no I felt rude interrupting it as it was nice to read and have a Google maps holiday to Liverpool 😂❤

And loool sophisticated, bless you, I just copy nursery tbh! Tonight we did play dough which I really enjoyed - maybe fun for any anxious fraus? We did have the new Made in Chelsea in the bg which for any fraus who enjoy it the thread for last season was lols, must go find it again!

• Heart
Oh no I felt rude interrupting it as it was nice to read and have a Google maps holiday to Liverpool 😂❤

And loool sophisticated, bless you, I just copy nursery tbh! Tonight we did play dough which I really enjoyed - maybe fun for any anxious fraus? We did have the new Made in Chelsea in the bg which for any fraus who enjoy it the thread for last season was lols, must go find it again!
I love Google maps adventures! 😂

I don’t have kids, but I love that making play dough is still a nursery classic. My mum used to work in a nursery🔺 and that was one of the first things she learned, and now I have a couple of friends who are nursery workers and they learn to make it very early on in their training too!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I love Google maps adventures! 😂

I don’t have kids, but I love that making play dough is still a nursery classic. My mum used to work in a nursery🔺 and that was one of the first things she learned, and now I have a couple of friends who are nursery workers and they learn to make it very early on in their training too!
I used to love making play dough. That was my job at messy play because none of the other parents would touch it because of 'mess' They'd also be the ones telling Little Princess not to get dirty, like it's called messy play for a reason people! My mum used to make a cooked version with cream of tartar, but I've only ever done the salt, flour, oil, water version

• Heart
Given the discussion in the JM thread I am now, of course, listening to Placebo while cleaning up :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm obsessed with Nicola Walker, I can't take my eyes off her whenever she's on screen. She's in a play at the National Theatre starting soon and I both want to go and see her and am afraid of how magnetic she might be in real life.
There really is something about her. After we watched Unforgotten my OH went on an adorable but totally unsubtle viewing tour of all her other stuff, I felt like the woman lived with us by the time she'd finished but couldn't complain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Given the discussion in the JM thread I am now, of course, listening to Placebo while cleaning up :ROFLMAO:
I never liked Placebo much until I saw them supporting silverchair back in the 90s. They blew me away, Brian Molko had such a stage prescence and they just put on a fantastic show. I worked in a heavy music oriented CD shop at the time, we'd always get free tickets to gigs so I saw a lot of bands I'd never have bothered with normally.

• Wow
  • Heart
Morning Fraus! Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Here are some puppies, one of them will be mine in approx. 8 weeks!
Screenshot_20220409-091851_Facebook.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’ve got pure morning in my head on repeat.

Morning Fraus! Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Here are some puppies, one of them will be mine in approx. 8 weeks! View attachment 1181498
Ok this is a “squee” situation!
Squeeeeeeeee
They are the same colour as a highland/jay cloth cow as well

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.