Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for a minor derailment.

Watching Dragon's Den and they keep saying the word 'chews', and I can't even. Hooting on behalf of Silvy-L on the MT.

The cabal has infiltrated my life :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
No spoilers… it’s ok.

So watched the first split on Monday. Decided to binge the rest this evening and am now emotionally drained.

Why don’t we listen to the TV when it asks us if we are still watching?

Just say no and go to bed.

(although Stephen Mangan reminded me of Green Wing which reminded me of Cardiac Arrest which was so stressful)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Still no monthly visit, I’ve been in a state of permanent pmt for about a fortnight now. Today seems worse, just crying at the tv (it was sad thought)
That autocarrot messing with Mr Bedds has taken me right back to 90s Manchester, Attitude magazine was an education to the pre internet student, gay or straight (it had WILLIES)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I had to suppress a minor hoot watching Moors Murders on 4OD (obviously not funny in its own right) because Carole Malone made an appearance and I fondly remembered the chaos caused by her being AWAY. For some reason in my mind she was a made-up person, like Mr. Kipling. I wonder if she knows about the shrivelled yellow Christmas chicken with lard gravy?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Still no monthly visit, I’ve been in a state of permanent pmt for about a fortnight now. Today seems worse, just crying at the tv (it was sad thought)
That autocarrot messing with Mr Bedds has taken me right back to 90s Manchester, Attitude magazine was an education to the pre internet student, gay or straight (it had WILLIES)
Were we all in Manchester in the 90s?

Did anyone make a foray into posho Alderey Edge? There was a club there where we went to if we wanted to see a footballer- Yesterday’s. Ugh.

Hope you are ok Hotes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Did anyone make a foray into posho Alderey Edge? There was a club there where we went to if we wanted to see a footballer- Yesterday’s. Ugh.

Hope you are ok Hotes.
Yeah. We were all there in Mantos or Via Fossa or McFucky’s!!!!at the same time on the same day, we just didn’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Hope you are ok Hotes.
Sadly not, I was probably lurking about in someone's parents garden, with ever decreasing hosepipes and suspect looking bowls of punch 😂

Start of the school holidays today. Somehow my shopping managed to be almost entirely made up of snacks. Maybe I should've bought some pigs trotters to stave off pre-teen hunger too?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah. We were all there in Mantos or Via Fossa or McFucky’s!!!!at the same time on the same day, we just didn’t know.
Ha I was there too in the 90s. In fact I drove past there last night and had a nostalgic moment then weirdly came on here this morning so to see them places mentioned its a bit odd!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Holidays start today in tunnel household too. Although it seems half the country (Jackie mainly) has been on holiday already.

Apparently some round here don’t start until next Thursday and go back after the May bank holiday.

Madness.

• Wow
Sadly not, I was probably lurking about in someone's parents garden, with ever decreasing hosepipes and suspect looking bowls of punch 😂

Start of the school holidays today. Somehow my shopping managed to be almost entirely made up of snacks. Maybe I should've bought some pigs trotters to stave off pre-teen hunger too?
Kangaroo leg surely

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Holidays start today here too - I think we are all ready for them, the past few months have been an emotional hard slog for so many reasons.

• Heart
No spoilers… it’s ok.

So watched the first split on Monday. Decided to binge the rest this evening and am now emotionally drained.

Why don’t we listen to the TV when it asks us if we are still watching?

Just say no and go to bed.

(although Stephen Mangan reminded me of Green Wing which reminded me of Cardiac Arrest which was so stressful)
I don't want to think about how long it's been since Green Wing first aired but I still semi-regularly go to YouTube to revisit this scene if I need cheering up.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't want to think about how long it's been since Green Wing first aired but I still semi-regularly go to YouTube to revisit this scene if I need cheering up.

I completely forgot Olivia Coleman was in this.

At the moment I am relaminating my list after watching Nicola in the Split.

Fickle times, fickle times.

• Haha
Ah man Mark Heap is an underappreciated gem in British comedy isn't he?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ah man Mark Heap is an underappreciated gem in British comedy isn't he?
He's been brilliant in everything I've seen him in, especially Friday Night Dinner. My best mate fancied him when he was in Spaced too, loved him in that.

• Heart
South Liverpool Fraus has anyone been to the new veggie/vegan chippy on Allerton Road?

Reactions: 5
South Liverpool Fraus has anyone been to the new veggie/vegan chippy on Allerton Road?
I have not, however someone has already told me it’s meant to be really good.

Is that Rough bakery at the dock the one that used to be on the bridge at Penny Lane? If so, I think I’ve eaten a lot of their spinach pies and dulce du leche pastries and they were amaze.

I’m hearing good things about Butterholics as well. I’m possibly planning a trip up soon and have been researching!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have not, however someone has already told me it’s meant to be really good.

Is that Rough bakery at the dock the one that used to be on the bridge at Penny Lane? If so, I think I’ve eaten a lot of their spinach pies and dulce du leche pastries and they were amaze.

I’m hearing good things about Butterholics as well. I’m possibly planning a trip up soon and have been researching!!!
I have heard good things too about the chippy - not heard of that other place.

Yes Rough Hand Made moved to the Dock - those spinach and feta things were food of the gods for non local fraus this is the gallery of their wares from the website This Is Us | Rough Hand Made

Now I cant stop thinking about the pitta bread....

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have heard good things too about the chippy - not heard of that other place.

Yes Rough Hand Made moved to the Dock - those spinach and feta things were food of the gods for non local fraus this is the gallery of their wares from the website This Is Us | Rough Hand Made

Now I cant stop thinking about the pitta bread....
The butterholic pastries are sold in Skaus

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I completely forgot Olivia Coleman was in this.

At the moment I am relaminating my list after watching Nicola in the Split.

Fickle times, fickle times.
I'm obsessed with Nicola Walker, I can't take my eyes off her whenever she's on screen. She's in a play at the National Theatre starting soon and I both want to go and see her and am afraid of how magnetic she might be in real life.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.