Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just having a breather from the MT, wow!
I went to the food bank yesterday and asked for some cat food, the lady who helped me was new, she came out with massive bags of Hill's Science Diet and a giant bag of crunchies then told me one of the other ladies had said to her to give me lots of food as she knew I had three MCs. I nearly cried, they are so nice there. Nobody clapped as I was the only one in there but they also gave me a $30 voucher for the local chemist to help with my prescriptions.
Ive been going through a lot lately, illness and other tit but just 10 minutes in there restored my faith in humans. If I'm ever back on my feet financially I'll make a huge donation to Uniting Church, they're also 🏳️‍🌈 friendly
which is really important to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've been to both Cape Kennedy and the Johnson Space Center. I think the Cape is much better as its where so much happens. You get to see all the launch pads, the scale of the place is amazing. JSC is more on the research and training side. Good, but I wouldn't go back. I would back for a 4th trip to the Cape.
The best museum in Houston is the Funeral Home Museum. That was a cracking day out! Further south in Galveston there is an oil rig platform moored up that is also a museum about oil / local history. And you can say you've been on an offshore rig.

Yes, I am *hugely* fun to go on holiday with :ROFLMAO:

IKEA food is superb for the price and convenience. Love the meatballs, hot dogs and have very fond memories of a lamb shank that cost £2.50 with the card thing.

Had a rubbish week after reacting to a change in meds, so only eaten beige buffet type food. Two days off work await me, so hoping I'm up for a trip to town for a meal out.
I've just googled and if I'm ever in Houston I'll be visiting that museum deart heart!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Chips and stotties reference on the MT has reminded me of the breakfast menu at Newcastle railway station in days of old,and turned my kefir, pear and granola to dust and ashes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Just having a breather from the MT, wow!
I went to the food bank yesterday and asked for some cat food, the lady who helped me was new, she came out with massive bags of Hill's Science Diet and a giant bag of crunchies then told me one of the other ladies had said to her to give me lots of food as she knew I had three MCs. I nearly cried, they are so nice there. Nobody clapped as I was the only one in there but they also gave me a $30 voucher for the local chemist to help with my prescriptions.
Ive been going through a lot lately, illness and other tit but just 10 minutes in there restored my faith in humans. If I'm ever back on my feet financially I'll make a huge donation to Uniting Church, they're also 🏳️‍🌈 friendly
which is really important to me.
That's so lovely of them ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The moment has long passed on the MT, but I've finally found the name of the other 1970s typically Scottish dessert I was trying to think of when everyone was talking about Tipsy Laird. It's an Auld Reekie, which is vanilla ice cream topped with butterscotch sauce, Drambuie, and cream. My mother in law used to call the melted bit at the bottom 'the gravy', she loved them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If you recall my me-rail a couple of weeks ago about headaches, it turns out I have indeed been ignoring migraines for bloody years. What a prat. The GP prescribed me sumatriptan and an anti-emetic which I'm waiting for the pharmacy to dispense. Don't worry, I've already put it in my Twitter bio and I can't wait to whip it out when I make a horrid comment lashing out at someone that massively backfires. Thankyou x for your advice and telling me I wasn't being dramatic, now duck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Sheepo update - I've been really worried I was going to have to make a hard decision about Nibbles because her foot just wasn't getting better, but after squeezing a load of pus out of it and giving her another horse-sized antibiotic injection on Sunday, I think we may have turned a corner, as she's weight-bearing on it again and nearly sound. Going to give her another injection on Friday and cross my fingers.

20220323_175833.jpg

Left to right, Viv Squig, Little Nine and Badger's Mum checking out the water cannisters.

20220323_175920.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Sheepo update - I've been really worried I was going to have to make a hard decision about Nibbles because her foot just wasn't getting better, but after squeezing a load of pus out of it and giving her another horse-sized antibiotic injection on Sunday, I think we may have turned a corner, as she's weight-bearing on it again and nearly sound. Going to give her another injection on Friday and cross my fingers.

Left to right, Viv Squig, Little Nine and Badger's Mum checking out the water cannisters.

Viv Squig looks like such a lady!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well I’m just glad you got it sorted out Sidey T, migraines are weird things and unfortunately like most predominantly female conditions, nobody really knows what they are, or how they work because 🤷🏼‍♀️ (They are defo hormone related, I tell ya!) they’re really not just a headache, they duck up your whole system and just happen to also cause head pain. I do think they should be called “migraine attacks” or something.
Praying that Nibbles is now on the mend with her gammy foot, does she have a ewe-roll account or patreon we can drop some medicine funds in?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just catching up over here before the MT picks up pace again! 😴

Bees - I love bees! Especially the giant queen bumblebees that are floating around at the moment. They often bash into my front room windows and give quite a loud whack 😂. I bought some bee earrings the other day, photo behind spoiler
PXL_20220324_075141438.MP~3.jpg

Spring recipes - my favourite thing to eat in the spring has to be wild garlic, you can forage for it in the woods, but my veg box company also sells it for the short time it's around. I have some coming today that is destined for a batch of wild garlic butter, to be popped in freezer, and some wild garlic pesto which is just 👨‍🍳💋. I'll also make some wild garlic and cheddar scones at some point ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Bees - I love bees! Especially the giant queen bumblebees that are floating around at the moment. They often bash into my front room windows and give quite a loud whack 😂. I bought some bee earrings the other day, photo behind spoiler

Spring recipes - my favourite thing to eat in the spring has to be wild garlic, you can forage for it in the woods, but my veg box company also sells it for the short time it's around. I have some coming today that is destined for a batch of wild garlic butter, to be popped in freezer, and some wild garlic pesto which is just 👨‍🍳💋. I'll also make some wild garlic and cheddar scones at some point ☺
Wild garlic pesto sounds amazing! I signed up to a veg box late last year from a local person and I haven't heard anything since. Fingers crossed I get some wild garlic in mine lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

oh the scones sound divine!! I have a garden full of wild garlic so I’ll definitely be making them when the leaves are big enough!

earrings are 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I foraged for wild garlic at the weekend and got some which I have put in the freezer so I can use it when I need it. I also picked and pickled the buds which are lovely with cheese!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have eggos, fishos and toastos for lunch. Do I need an intervention?
IMG_20220324_130357.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.