Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have eggos, fishos and toastos for lunch. Do I need an intervention?
View attachment 1147619
This looks delicious !
I had 2 scotch eggs for lunch but I didn’t like the outside bit so I just ate the eggs . I realise this makes it a rinsed beans adjacent meal ( and I did add pobp) but I’m pretty sure I’m not Jack . I’m more tall ( toll?) goblin than smol pixie 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thank goodness things have slowed down on the main thread. Writing finished and I'm not very happy with it buttttttt better late than never. Eh Jack!

I'm doing one of those 'what do I have in the fridge' teas tonight because I need to go shopping. Some garlicky roasted potatoes and scrambled eggs it is

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bees - I love bees! Especially the giant queen bumblebees that are floating around at the moment. They often bash into my front room windows and give quite a loud whack 😂. I bought some bee earrings the other day, photo behind spoiler
Ahhh I saw a giant bee today, and described to my workmate in the same way, that it was floating along! Love the earrings too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Bee chat. I’m a big fan of bees too tho sadly we don’t get the big fat fuzzy ones here (but at certain times of year we do get hummingbirds coming for the pollen which is fun).

Bee-wise I did buy two of these from M&S online last year 🔺which are very joyous and have held up very well (I PAID)

BD186732-531D-4AC1-BC7C-16324D8A22DC.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank goodness things have slowed down on the main thread. Writing finished and I'm not very happy with it buttttttt better late than never. Eh Jack!

I'm doing one of those 'what do I have in the fridge' teas tonight because I need to go shopping. Some garlicky roasted potatoes and scrambled eggs it is
That was like me on Tuesday. My fridge was so empty I cleaned it. We did have mac and cheese, because I always have cheese lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
@Falkor did you get an air source heat pump installed? If so, how do you find it? We're currently having a look at alternatives to our oil system.

Reactions: 9
@Falkor did you get an air source heat pump installed? If so, how do you find it? We're currently having a look at alternatives to our oil system.
Not yet - we had the quote through for the work we were planning on our house, which this was part of, and it came to £225k but would only add about £70k to the house's value. Much as we love our house, that's not really practical!! Looking at building a new house on a field we have 2 doors down now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Not yet - we had the quote through for the work we were planning on our house, which this was part of, and it came to £225k but would only add about £70k to the house's value. Much as we love our house, that's not really practical!! Looking at building a new house on a field we have 2 doors down now.
Ah ok. I don't know anyone that's had one installed, they're still so uncommon. We're looking at those, or possibly a biomass boiler, as our oil boiler is very old and won't be around forever, and nor will oil as a fuel option full stop. Would be nice for our heating to not be at the mercy of world events too, oil fluctuates so much depending on who is angry at who at any given moment! 😑

Reactions: 15
Ah ok. I don't know anyone that's had one installed, they're still so uncommon. We're looking at those, or possibly a biomass boiler, as our oil boiler is very old and won't be around forever, and nor will oil as a fuel option full stop. Would be nice for our heating to not be at the mercy of world events too, oil fluctuates so much depending on who is angry at who at any given moment! 😑
Oh, we do have one in our village hall, if that helps? That's got a very big open space to heat (albeit a very well insulated one, it's a new building) and it works extremely well, but is helped by having a lot of east-facing windows, so it warms up nicely by itself in the morning and doesn't need to fire too often during the day. With air source plus underfloor it's apparently best to leave your heating on all the time and use thermostats in each zone to control whether it provides heat on that loop or not.

Nibbles is completely sound this morning :) although totally not speaking to me after I sprayed the bottom of her foot again (there was a very undignified struggle and I ended up with her backside in my face as she attempted to push me back down the race) and gave her one more precautionary antibiotic injection because her foot still had a bit of a niff to it. Fingers crossed she'll be fine now for a good while.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Sorry this is mid convo but @PinkMariner couldn’t see your comment and not write something -

congrats so much, you’re about to enter a new world of happiness and joy and the feeling of relief will not leave you for months, if ever. Every second job is a dud ime and I’m still in the honeymoon period at my current job so can assure you the joy is long lived!! Go and celebrate this weekend you deserve it!

but the important thing I wanted to say is - duck that notice period. Tell them you’ll work til x date (Wednesday? Thursday? Friday if you fancy it) to do the best handover anyone’s ever seen and keep it sickly sweet and cute in the meeting but make it clear it’s a few days then after that it’s ttfn darlings. HR can give you a reference confirming you worked x - y (it’s standard now for them not to give detailed ones tbh, they can’t say anything bad, also you have no rights for the first 2 years anyway - a lot of startups have ditched the concept of probation altogether as you’re basically always in probation??). New job will be elated you can start immediately, jobs a goodun.

I’ve only done this once and HR were really pushing for me to stay at least the notice period but had a horrific bully of a manager and couldn’t bear it. I had said I’d spoken to my doctor (in reality it was my sponsor) and that we compared the impact the working environment had upon me was like a peanut allergy (another AA-ism) and so I’m not able to come back so idk if that spooked them? They tried to pull authority on the whole thing and suggest I wouldn’t get paid holiday or my pathetic bonus and I said what you coming to my flat Monday then to come get me yh? Which was both mildly aggressive and unprofessional enough that she just said erm okay I’ll email so and so and all further comms were via email thankfully. It was horrible, the atmosphere around these things is horrible and you’re the gossip fodder of the office and ppl obviously side with the head staying so if you do go into a physical office make sure you are in a head space to deal with it and make sure you’ve got ur personal effects with you at all times so you can just yomp on out if the manager turns nasty in a meeting room or something. Also remember you’re an adult and can walk away from anything at any time. We forget we don’t need to be put through half the abusive conduct work places do to us (also too late now but I’m a huge advocate for the formal written complaint then the subsequent formal grievance 💅🏻 ) also the weird authority structures make you forget that you’re a human with feelings who should walk away from abuse? This obviously isn’t official HR advice but just another woman who’s been there and fucked them off and never looked back!!

To freeeeedom ❤✨

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Happy Friday everyone! Clocks go forward in the UK this weekend ⏰👍

Sorry I just need to get this off my chest somewhere, I have a had a DAY.

I spent most of the day at work trying to get on with things, trying not to cry, full-on crying at my desk, then trying to make it look like I’d not been crying, and repeat. I don’t even know why.

Luckily there weren’t many people in the office. I know I’m depressed, but I can usually try and keep it together. Anyway, sending solidarity and hope to anyone who might be feeling the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Happy Friday everyone! Clocks go forward in the UK this weekend ⏰👍

Sorry I just need to get this off my chest somewhere, I have a had a DAY.

I spent most of the day at work trying to get on with things, trying not to cry, full-on crying at my desk, then trying to make it look like I’d not been crying, and repeat. I don’t even know why.

Luckily there weren’t many people in the office. I know I’m depressed, but I can usually try and keep it together. Anyway, sending solidarity and hope to anyone who might be feeling the same way.
Bless you, Sideboard. I can empathise as I feel like this often, too. A massive bloody well done to you for even going to work getting through the day feeling like this (I would probably have taken to my bed and cried all day, hating myself and life). You've basically scaled a bleeping mountain today and totally smashed it so pat yourself on the back and take some time for yourself this weekend doing things that heal your soul.

Sending you big fat virtual hugs xxxxx

• Heart
Biggest of loves to all of the Fraus currently dealing with mental health worries ❤ I hope you can find some bright spots this weekend to lift your spirits xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I've seen some absolute units of bees too. Pretty sure if you ate their honey you'd be banned from competing in the Olympics.

Here's a speedy car snake just for you Sidey B. Like Brian I would have sacked it off to go home and wallow in misery so you deserve a lot of credit for making it through the whole day.

speedy car snake.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.