Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I chop mine up and put them in water in a jar.

Revitalises a slightly manky carrot but I would only do it if I had one or two I didn't want to waste, not the whole lot šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I chop mine up and put them in water in a jar.

Revitalises a slightly manky carrot but I would only do it if I had one or two I didn't want to waste, not the whole lot šŸ˜‚
This is what I'm confused about, if you want them to last weeks, get them frozen or in a tin?!

Why is the tea towel carrot fusser doing it?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Good grief it has been a long old day today. Currently stuck in a horrible situation at work where they're trying to film things before episodes are ready and things are falling through left right and centre.

I'm just kinda sitting here bemused at the whole situation as it's been like this since I started. Not enough money, not enough time.....and a lot of this is really sensitive access stuff they can't rush.

Tbh though it isn't my problem so it's time to make a coffee and crack into a Tunnocks wafer šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
omg my cat brings them in whole (live) in her mouth and lets them into the flat, I am terrfiied she will end up being stung!
I hope it doesn't happen, although when my old bulldog ate a bee it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. He already had a giant head and it looked like a misshapen beanbag. My husband texted me not to laugh when I let the dog in so of course I raced home and poor old Mister P was all swole. He was fine after a vet visit!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My dad bought my child a ukulele over the weekend. I think I'd rather have a mouthful of bees.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Changing the subject TOTALLY (to food!), I have now made this four times in the past couple of months and itā€™s delicious. Apologies itā€™s ā€œin Americanā€ so youā€™d have to faff a little bit to adjust the cup measures etc but itā€™s well worth it -and donā€™t miss the extra hassle step of the sautĆ©e first. It makes A LOT so if you donā€™t want to eat it all week, half the quantities or freeze. Doesnā€™t look pretty defrosted but still tastes fine. I usually make it on the stove rather than in slow cooker but I feel like Iā€™m overly slop averse these days so thatā€™s the sole reason why

Public Service Announcement: Sage and onion stuffing mix and bottled lemon juice probably cannot be substituted for any of these ingredients.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Changing the subject TOTALLY (to food!), I have now made this four times in the past couple of months and itā€™s delicious. Apologies itā€™s ā€œin Americanā€ so youā€™d have to faff a little bit to adjust the cup measures etc but itā€™s well worth it -and donā€™t miss the extra hassle step of the sautĆ©e first. It makes A LOT so if you donā€™t want to eat it all week, half the quantities or freeze. Doesnā€™t look pretty defrosted but still tastes fine. I usually make it on the stove rather than in slow cooker but I feel like Iā€™m overly slop averse these days so thatā€™s the sole reason why

Public Service Announcement: Sage and onion stuffing mix and bottled lemon juice probably cannot be substituted for any of these ingredients.
Thy looks delicious. Iā€™m definitely going to give it a whirl.

Reactions: 9
ON the cow?! HOW? (even though Iā€™m surprised, its still such a typical cat-thing, like, yep, this is where Iā€™m going to sit, what you gonna do about it).
Oh, the cow was ill, and lying down. She was a mean cow, I wouldn't have risked it myself!

WoohCat1 is a Selkirk Rex. The breed is generally bonny and confident

Love the cat content ā¤

Thereā€™s a cat cafe near me that has a few tuxedo cats and they are gorgeous!
https://www.kitteacakes.co.uk/candy/

I like this one called Cherry who is a handsome lady
View attachment 1135520
Stately. I shall call her Victoria in my head

I have been to ikea once, I didnā€™t eat there whispers I donā€™t get it šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Me neither. I very dislike Ikea food, to me it tastes like plastic

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh, the cow was ill, and lying down. She was a mean cow, I wouldn't have risked it myself!

WoohCat1 is a Selkirk Rex. The breed is generally bonny and confident

Stately. I shall call her Victoria in my head

Me neither. I very dislike Ikea food, to me it tastes like plastic
look at those eyes šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favourite springtime recipes? Iā€™m craving nice fresh zingy herby things.

Reactions: 11
6 days on and this positive test line will not shift, I know it's normal but its annoying me now. NGL fraus, it has been pretty miserable Chez Disco this weekend as Mr Kebab is ill (testing negative) too. On the plus side, here is a rat:

276075115_286506993628692_8553647254784402941_n.jpg

I saw my first bee this year yesterday, it was very fat. I got stressed out because it was ignoring all my early pollinator flowers like my Balkan anemones. I was trying to encourage it towards them but it flew into my window instead. The Spring Equinox heralds my pollinator related anxiety for the rest of the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favourite springtime recipes? Iā€™m craving nice fresh zingy herby things.
very simple but nice is a salad of baby spinach leaves, peas, feta and mint with a lemon and oil dressing, obviously you can also add any other fresh green herbs you want as well

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There's always this weird gap when we get some nice spring weather but on the veg front we're still in the 'hungry gap'. The mint is coming back though, and there have been plenty of blood oranges this year, plus our rhubarb seems to have survived another winter and the fence coming down on it in one of the recent storms.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.