Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I'd treat myself to a tub of M&S Plant Kitchen raspberry ripple ice cream except where's the flippin ripple?? I don't normally eat ice cream by digging right down to the bottom of the tub but I had to complete a full investigation into what I can now declare is an ice CRIME. This is not good enough. Mr Marks and Mr Spencer will both be hearing from me forthwith.

an ice crime.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Overwhelmingly lovely, thank you Sidey B ❤
I really feel for you, I can’t imagine how disheartened you must feel at the moment. I’ve been to funerals arranged by amazing people, who I guess are in a similar role to you, and it just made SUCH a difference, because they’re so professional, and they really care.
I get the impression that’s what you’re like too. Take care of yourself, and please keep chatting to us if it helps. The work you do is so important, yet so undervalued, but we’ve got your back.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
YAS! So happy for you KCC, you have to celebrate and enjoy the good times, and you deserve it so so much.

Facturday! A robot completed a marathon on Mars

View attachment 1153069

aw, thank you sidey b, you are so lovely! 😘

Random me-rail but I love that film. It has no idea what it is, the play is supposed to be a comedy I think, but the film brings out the absolute bleakness where you see why a head like Bob would be an attraction. Also I think most teenaged girls have encountered a Bob type at one time or another, he’s a very believable character. The fact it’s aged badly makes me love it more for some reason.
yeah, I see exactly where you're coming from. I think we've all met a bob or two in our lives. it's also really jarring these days to hear the p word bandied about so casually

a lightly amusing sidenote - one of the girls has a big poster of george michael in her room and mr kcc turned to me to say, "did you have that poster in your room, kcc?"

me - "I was 3 when this film was made, sweetie"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I thought I'd treat myself to a tub of M&S Plant Kitchen raspberry ripple ice cream except where's the flippin ripple?? I don't normally eat ice cream by digging right down to the bottom of the tub but I had to complete a full investigation into what I can now declare is an ice CRIME. This is not good enough. Mr Marks and Mr Spencer will both be hearing from me forthwith.

View attachment 1153088
I know it’s from M&S, but if feels like this is somehow Mr Asda’s revenge, for …something? I’m not ashamed to admit I LOLed at “ice CRIME”.

@kachoochoo and @HotesTilaire I need to see this film, I definitely encountered “bobs” as a teen 😬

Has anyone seen Gregory’s Girl? I loved that film as a teenager, then a few years ago, watched it again as an adult with a then girlfriend who’d never seen it, and I was cringing over some really dodgy scenes involving teachers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
My turn to feel tit, guys. Was having a 'discussion' with my husband about money last night, he got crappy because I had a go at him for not contributing to bills and he actually asked me if I'd missed my tablet that morning. Tablet referring to the SSRI I take daily.
I'm disgusted with him. He's sitting here laughing at his phone and eating his stinking humbugs like nothing's wrong.
I just can't wait until my next round of surgery is done (hoping by the end of the year) so I can pack up Pooh and Susan and we can all move in with my step dad like I've been wanting to for months.
Sorry to me-rail, I'm really upset. I'm going to spend my day in bed with my cats.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
My turn to feel tit, guys. Was having a 'discussion' with my husband about money last night, he got crappy because I had a go at him for not contributing to bills and he actually asked me if I'd missed my tablet that morning. Tablet referring to the SSRI I take daily.
I'm disgusted with him. He's sitting here laughing at his phone and eating his stinking humbugs like nothing's wrong.
I just can't wait until my next round of surgery is done (hoping by the end of the year) so I can pack up Pooh and Susan and we can all move in with my step dad like I've been wanting to for months.
Sorry to me-rail, I'm really upset. I'm going to spend my day in bed with my cats.
That’s awful how dare he say that to you sending Elmo hugs to you & anyone else that needs ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Omg MCM don’t apologise. Big hugs to you. You’re dealing with so much anyway at the moment, this is the last thing you need. I can’t believe he said that, it’s such a low blow. Not only that, but you were trying to make a valid point that can’t have been easy to talk about, a comment like that is just so derailing. I’m so so sorry.

You are so lovely and cool, and I know we don’t really “know“ you, but I feel like I know and like you enough to be upset on you behalf.

Enjoy those cat cuddles. It’s such a great thing that you have a plan for your own future. Keeping everything crossed that your surgery will be this year. Like with everyone else here, we’ve got your back, and not just because of your beautiful cats, but for you.

• Heart
Ah, Sidey B don't make cry! Susan is sleeping next to my head. She farted right next to my nose before but I'll forgive her.
My husband can be an absolute dick but the MH comment really is pretty tit behaviour. He's going out somewhere so at least I can have some peace. I hope he runs out of petrol, haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ah, Sidey B don't make cry! Susan is sleeping next to my head. She farted right next to my nose before but I'll forgive her.
My husband can be an absolute dick but the MH comment really is pretty tit behaviour. He's going out somewhere so at least I can have some peace. I hope he runs out of petrol, haha.
Oh love, I didn’t mean for that! It’s the funniest thing in the world when cats fart, because they have no idea, and just carry on like nothing’s happened. Although I can kind of picture Susan wafting her paw saying “sorry darling, excuse me”.

Ugh yes. And, I hope you don‘t mind me saying this, but it’s such a dumb comment. As if not taking your tablet one day has THAT much of an effect, FFS. Enjoy your peace, your wish for him to run out of petrol is sooo “spite orangey“ and I love it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Random me-rail but I love that film. It has no idea what it is, the play is supposed to be a comedy I think, but the film brings out the absolute bleakness where you see why a head like Bob would be an attraction. Also I think most teenaged girls have encountered a Bob type at one time or another, he’s a very believable character. The fact it’s aged badly makes me love it more for some reason.
share the love, but also cringe like hell as that is exactly how I wore my school uniform.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For our Aussie and other international fraus, some of us (me) in the UK are sad enough to be up watching the clocks go forward, feel free to laugh.

ETA
(it’s just happened! We’ve gone an hour into…the future!!)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
For all fraus happy, sad and somewhere in between I bring you a throwback rat picture to help enhance or rectify your mood (delete as applicable):
Behold her rotund tum, her smol pixie feet and happy little face

262700628_449847649870111_9026503013861238652_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Catto incoming for anyone that needs one today ❤
The angle of this photo makes her feet look ridiculously small, like little T-Rex arms 😂

PXL_20220326_194213732.MP~2.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I always forget this thread is here (i dunno how cos you're all lovely but I have the memory of a goldfish) but keep wondering how you've been doing with all that with your husband. Really hope you manage to keep on going and all goes well surgery-wise til the time comes to move; don't blame you for being upset, it's like being asked if you're on your period when you're just trying to bring up a genuine issue that they don't want to acknowledge/deal with.

Hope your cat time helped, usually does for me but if they're all on a mad one sometimes I just have to go for a looooong walk instead.

@Nottonightbabe that cat has beautiful eyes! Stuck at work and have done literally nothing productive all day bar acquire four reduced sandwiches, we have a beautiful garden out back and sun is blazing so might go have a picnic and see if said sandwiches attract any of the millions of cats that lurk around here.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.