Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has truly been a gift Orphy B. Them saying 'we've got a snake in the back of our car' nearly ended me for some reason. I just had this mental image of a snake sat with a seat belt on, patiently waiting because they promised him a Burger King if he came out with them to terrify a poor lady.

snake in a car.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Wasn’t she his patient originally? I know they are sort of well intentioned but I find them a bit odd. And their car is full of snakes apparently

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I like the Speakman-Lady’s dress there, but then I noticed, it looks like they’re wearing matching belts, each with an S for Speakman?!
Quoting myself like a prick, it’s clearly S for snakes. TS your seatbelt snake has cracked me up.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wasn’t she his patient originally? I know they are sort of well intentioned but I find them a bit odd. And their car is full of snakes apparently
I did wonder if they’re tv quacks and not actually qualified - bit like when the papers exposed Dr Gillian McKeith as having a fake doctorate. Their wiki (appreciate that’s not always factual source of info) doesn’t really confirm either way. This is under one of their books on Amazon though so gives the impression they are?

“About the Author

Nik and Eva Speakman have studied and worked together since 1992, both sharing an uncontainable passion to help people lead happier and less inhibited lives. Studying psychologists and in particular, the work of Ivan Pavlov, John Watson, Jean Piaget, Albert Bandura, Lev Vygotsky and B.F. Skinner, they acquired an intellectual curiosity for behaviourism and behavioural conditioning. After many remarkable breakthroughs, their studies transformed into the creation of their own behavioural change therapy known as 'Schema Conditioning.'® They also created a further exceptional trauma-based therapy, 'Visual Schema Displacement.'®

Nik and Eva are currently working with psychology professors at Universities in Amsterdam and Utrecht who are conducting scientific studies into the workings of their therapy and the scientific papers proving its remarkable efficacy in the first two scientific studies were published in June 2019 in the 'Journal Of Behavioural Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry'. The third study with a significantly larger sample size is underway and the fourth multiple baseline study will be completed by mid 2020.”

Am 🦉🍾 @traumatised sideboard drawing. Poor snake - not their fault!

Omg Ninnies- I know I’m late for facturday but I’ve just found this out- President Zelinsky was the dubbed voice of Paddington Bear in the film 😂.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I did wonder if they’re tv quacks and not actually qualified - bit like when the papers exposed Dr Gillian McKeith as having a fake doctorate. Their wiki (appreciate that’s not always factual source of info) doesn’t really confirm either way. This is under one of their books on Amazon though so gives the impression they are?

“About the Author

Nik and Eva Speakman have studied and worked together since 1992, both sharing an uncontainable passion to help people lead happier and less inhibited lives. Studying psychologists and in particular, the work of Ivan Pavlov, John Watson, Jean Piaget, Albert Bandura, Lev Vygotsky and B.F. Skinner, they acquired an intellectual curiosity for behaviourism and behavioural conditioning. After many remarkable breakthroughs, their studies transformed into the creation of their own behavioural change therapy known as 'Schema Conditioning.'® They also created a further exceptional trauma-based therapy, 'Visual Schema Displacement.'®

Nik and Eva are currently working with psychology professors at Universities in Amsterdam and Utrecht who are conducting scientific studies into the workings of their therapy and the scientific papers proving its remarkable efficacy in the first two scientific studies were published in June 2019 in the 'Journal Of Behavioural Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry'. The third study with a significantly larger sample size is underway and the fourth multiple baseline study will be completed by mid 2020.”

Am 🦉🍾 @traumatised sideboard drawing. Poor snake - not their fault!
I’m sure they’re not qualified. They’re “life coaches” not saying they don’t do some good stuff but I doubt they’ve got a degree in Psych-anything or it would be all over their blurb. I’ve studied Jung I wouldn’t go about claiming to be offering behaviour changes, in fact his categories were based on him making them up, so as good as they are there’s no science there. These people just make themselves look like snake butter salespeople when they don’t just own up.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Omg Ninnies- I know I’m late for facturday but I’ve just found this out- President Zelinsky was the dubbed voice of Paddington Bear in the film 😂.
Myself and some mates are full on fan girling over Zelensky. What a hero. *Swoon*

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's given me great joy to introduce the weird and wonderful Speakmans into fellow fraus lives!
The video is 'unavailable in my country'. One of the downsides of living in Australia is this fugly message popping up when I wish to watch something on PooToob. I will be googling these people once I've finished my daily grunk.

ETA the custard one is available, crisis averted!

• Haha
Have you seen the photo with his shirt off getting his Covid jab?

Here it is, just in case.

View attachment 1092784
Just in case, you crack me up Miss SW Cat!

If anyone is looking for a grifter/liar with a Ukrainian bent have a look for Helen Darville.
She's fascinating, wrote a book called 'The Hand That Signed the Paper' about her Ukrainian family's war experiences and was a recipient of literary prizes and a lot of money. Called herself Helen Demidenko and claimed childhood poverty but was in fact a private school girl with English parents. It happened in the 90s and was huge news in Australia. Great story!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi gang - I am back and have been 🦉 and 🍾 over the past few pages. I love how I have found a little corner of the world with people who have my sense of humour! I remember watching The Speakmans trying to cure a woman afraid of buttons and crying laughting.

@KebabGirl thanks for the recommendation for Fritto it looks amazing!! I am deffo going on Wednesday when it op

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry, OT but the look of absolute love from Pooh to my husband is so sweet I want to cry. I won't though, Pooh still loves me best.
6CFFAC39-B494-45CA-92AB-F61F7A29A403.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Pooh's furry tum is making my Monday morning grump dissipate, thank you for posting 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi gang - I am back and have been 🦉 and 🍾 over the past few pages. I love how I have found a little corner of the world with people who have my sense of humour! I remember watching The Speakmans trying to cure a woman afraid of buttons and crying laughting.

@KebabGirl thanks for the recommendation for Fritto it looks amazing!! I am deffo going on Wednesday when it op
Welcome back! I think Fritto is only open Thurs-Sun. He does a stall at the uni on a Tuesday too. If you are on Instagram he posts everything there.

@MaineCoonMama Pooh is glorious!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.