Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Orphy B send helpos so I can understand the joke, who are those rejected Madame Tussauds sleep paralysis demons (ft. lace tablecloth)? Daytime TV hosts?
I'm effing HOWLING!!!!!

Those freaks are actually rather lovely people. The Speakmans. They do this weird hypno tit on breakfast telly for people with phobias. They crack me up, and are meme'd the fucked out of. It's always 'was it 'x' fault' as they glare into camera.

They use to jump scare the people live on tv with heart monitors on to prove how scared they were. One woman had clowns jumping out at her. bleeping gold.

Eta;

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Thank you dear heart, I just watched the clip of the woman afraid of custard and am hooting. The drama! They sound nice but they look so intense. Feels like their eyes are boring straight into my soul. Really fancy some custard now tho, maybe I've been hypnotised 😵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm effing HOWLING!!!!!

Those freaks are actually rather lovely people. The Speakmans. They do this weird hypno tit on breakfast telly for people with phobias. They crack me up, and are meme'd the fucked out of. It's always 'was it 'x' fault' as they glare into camera.

They use to jump scare the people live on tv with heart monitors on to prove how scared they were. One woman had clowns jumping out at her. bleeping gold.

Eta;
I swear everything is a set up with these two. All it takes is a cosy chat and everyone is healed 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
gotta say that horses freak me out. I mean, they're there, looking at you, all like "well, aren't you the predator with your front-facing eyes? get on my back and I'll duck you up"

and, please, what is the difference between a horse and a pony?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
gotta say that horses freak me out. I mean, they're there, looking at you, all like "well, aren't you the predator with your front-facing eyes? get on my back and I'll duck you up"

The difference (usually) is size but there are some mini horses.

On the subject of scary animals, years ago I went to the Royal Show (like a big country fair with rides and exhibitions) with my mate and we got super stoned before we got there.
One of the baby cows got loose and took down an old lady and a couple of kids right in front of us, they went down like bowling pins.
I felt awful for laughing so hard but it was funny as duck.
The calf was caught and put back in its pen and no injuries. 🐮 🐮 🐮

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ooooooooo I love his floofy coat! Does he like being brushed?
Not much, he prefers being a muddy swamp donkey! He'll tolerate it next month when he's moulting. I think some of it stems from 2 years in a riding school and 1 in a trekking centre, both of which did own a pony days - just got fed up of being enthusiastically attacked by small children with brushes! It took me a year to be able to brush his mane.

Junior Horse is beautiful. Top lad. I'm terrified of horses because my dad used to work with someone who apparently got bitten on the stomach by a horse. Thinking about it as an adult that seems quite improbable but the traumatic seed was sown circa 1997 so it's a bit late for rationality to come to the party.
Entirely possible, I got bitten on the side of my boob by a friend's stallion once. He broke the skin through a puffa jacket, a fleece, a long sleeved t shirt and my bra and I had a mark there for a few years afterwards. Sorry, appreciate that doesn't help with the fear :(

A pony is up to 14.2hh and a horse is 14.3hh or bigger. HH is 'hands high' and a hand is 4 inches, so you go, for example, 15.0hh, 15.1hh, 15.2hh, 15.3hh, 16.0hh. 15.0hh is five feet. Measurement is taken from the wither, which is basically at the base of the neck, to the ground. Some of the shenanigans over the years around people attempting to get small horses classified as ponies are unbelievable - there is a body called the Joint Measurement Board and they exist purely to measure horses and ponies. https://thejmbonline.co.uk/faqs/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Loving the horse info! He looked like he was enjoying the walk.

Been in a lazy mode over cooking, so at end of bike ride stopped at the Italian street food place. Got a panzerotti (fried calzone) filled with home made pesto, provolone, mozzarella and mortadella ham. Washed down with San Pellegrino aka Tory Fanta.

Any South Liverpool Fraus, it's Fritto on Smithdown opposite the cemetery. I rate it very highly - fresh food, all made daily and excellent service.

• Heart
I did think it was a bit cruel that the first thing they did with the custard woman was take her down Asda where they didn't just go and look at the tins, but instead there was a woman set up with a stand just slopping untrapped custard about. Then after about five mins of talking about nuns (it wasn't the custard's fault, it was the nun's) she was cured and able to eat custard which she declared the best ever quite nice, actually.

• Haha
I'm effing HOWLING!!!!!

Eta;
Without 🔺 doing homework for my course and one of the scenarios is a role play with someone with a fear of snakes. I’ve had to stop myself writing ‘the snake wasn’t at fault’ and keep getting the giggles. I’m now off to Google the custard one - have made sure there are no drinks and food in the vicinity.

ETA: Omg she wants to try trifle…please someone make sure she never tries Jack’s trifle - it could kick off a whole new phobia for her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Without 🔺 doing homework for my course and one of the scenarios is a role play with someone with a fear of snakes. I’ve had to stop myself writing ‘the snake wasn’t at fault’ and keep getting the giggles. I’m now off to Google the custard one - have made sure there are no drinks and food in the vicinity.
It's given me great joy to introduce the weird and wonderful Speakmans into fellow fraus lives!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's given me great joy to introduce the weird and wonderful Speakmans into fellow fraus lives!
I don’t know if you watch Real Housewives of Cheshire but they popped up on that because Debbie was scared of stairs.
A quick chat about how it wasn’t the stairs fault and they had her galloping up & down the stairs.

• Haha
I don’t know if you watch Real Housewives of Cheshire but they popped up on that because Debbie was scared of stairs.
A quick chat about how it wasn’t the stairs fault and they had her galloping up & down the stairs.
OMFG :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: off to go find that!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Stanley Tucci's on bbc2 now! you all influenced me to watch this and it's perfect.

we went to naples a few years ago and seeing it on telly's always good

• Heart
I love the great British tradition of TV couples with a niche, like the Speakmans, David and Carrie Grant, Richard and Judy, Colin and Justin, Yvette Fielding and Mr Most Haunted.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.