Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was already married the first time I saw him so I was too late anyway. Although we had a moment last October, you know the bit he's allowed to sing in Your Love Alone? I winked at him and then pointed at him to cue him up and I'm almost certain he noticed and laughed at me, it was AMAZING.
Have you seen the Manics thread on here? The scandal!

I was thinking about you the other day, I have a keyring that says Getaway Car and the woman serving me in the shop noticed it and asked if it was a Taylor Swift keyring and I explained not deliberately, but I did buy it because I love the song and we had a nice but slightly awkward chat because no-one I know wants to talk about her and I was completely unprepared.
ah, thanks for thinking of me! Getaway Car's my fave! I need a keyring!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Think I’m going to have to throw away the custard I bought to go with this
2269E01C-8A2E-4ACE-A25D-2B9C408B5AF3.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
This is from my very ancient copy of the Pauper's Cookbook, I used to make it all the time (I remember using it for chunks of meat rather than in one piece, have no recollection of ever faffing about with string though, plus I think I used to put it in an oven on a lowish heat while I was talking to my guests wrangling toddlers). Also, anyone else remember when star anise was really difficult to get hold of because it was meant to counteract SARS (I think it was SARS. Some scary virus anyway)
View attachment 1087126View attachment 1087130
Thank you - have saved this. Mr Beds is a bit funny with star aniseed so might save this to try another time (i.e. when he’s not in the house to see or smell what has been put in as I think he’d like it if he could get past his past (bad) experience of star aniseed). I always pronounce it star anise but now wondering, having seen it written down when it evolved from star aniseed to star anise - or is one of them the plural?

Might go with @Nottonightbabe chilli suggestion for the beef this time.

Was the SARs outbreak around the time of bird flu and swine flu? They all kind of roll into one in my mind. I remember being sat in A&E (nothing major) at the time of bird flu and someone came in and told the receptionist they’d been sent to pick up the medication for their friend who had bird flu - never seen so many people en mass move back from someone and reach for the nearest anti-bac gel. It really made me chuckle at the time but in a post Covid world completely get that reaction also now.

I’ve made up a batch of my ‘basic’ mince today for the freezer. It’s just mince and soffritto browned/softened, then lentils and soya mince added alongside stock with a bit of Lea and Perrins and marmite added in. Then I portion it out and pull it out of the freezer to make into various things as and when needed.

We’ve got a Sri Lankan curry for dinner - left overs from a curry Mr Beds made the other week. Sri Lankan purely because thats the spice mix that was used.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Am watching SKL would Mary McCartney have got a TV gig without her famous family as I was completely underwhelmed by her slot

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know we've moved on from the 🕷 chat, but this was just on look north and I thought of you lot

I'm sorry

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I know we've moved on from the 🕷 chat, but this was just on look north and I thought of you lot

I'm sorry

Oh, man... there was one on my kitchen table just a few hours ago. I didn't see it, thankfully but my husband said it was pretty big. I had the heebie-jeebies for a while. Ugh.

• Sad
  • Sick

I'm sorry

We spent today in the garden & when I opened the garage door it crunched there were so many / such a thick layer of spider webs in the doorway idk what beasts are producing them but praying it’s not this thing’s friends 😂😭

Climate change is wild - last weekend (or the one before?) I genuinely thought we’d lose roof tiles if not the whole thing and yet today we could spend all day out having fun in the sun.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
It was gorgeous today, wasn't it? I took Junior Horse for a long wander around the hill (no ladies to be found, but there was a group of about the right number two hills further out than we got) and to see how he felt about crossing water. Absolutely fine, as it turned out.

I also took him to see the digger and the dumper truck and he seemed fine with them as well, so if we ever meet one out hacking hopefully he won't turn himself inside out. He's such a dude, I love him to bits.

Nibbles isn't speaking to me today after I took her over the road into the pens, got Mr F to hold her against the boards and gave her a quick pedicure on the dodgy foot - the toe had got too long, so she wasn't walking on it properly which just meant it got longer. More spray on it as well and hopefully that will be the end of it. I was worried I was going to find shelly hoof (which is where mud gets in between the foot and the hoof wall, pushing the hoof wall outwards, a bit like a big wodge of dirt getting stuck under a fingernail) but she has really good tight feet at the moment, so fingers crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It was gorgeous today, wasn't it? I took Junior Horse for a long wander around the hill (no ladies to be found, but there was a group of about the right number two hills further out than we got) and to see how he felt about crossing water. Absolutely fine, as it turned out.

I also took him to see the digger and the dumper truck and he seemed fine with them as well, so if we ever meet one out hacking hopefully he won't turn himself inside out. He's such a dude, I love him to bits.

Nibbles isn't speaking to me today after I took her over the road into the pens, got Mr F to hold her against the boards and gave her a quick pedicure on the dodgy foot - the toe had got too long, so she wasn't walking on it properly which just meant it got longer. More spray on it as well and hopefully that will be the end of it. I was worried I was going to find shelly hoof (which is where mud gets in between the foot and the hoof wall, pushing the hoof wall outwards, a bit like a big wodge of dirt getting stuck under a fingernail) but she has really good tight feet at the moment, so fingers crossed.
I love the pony walking vid and your encouragement 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Ooooooooo I love his floofy coat! Does he like being brushed?

Reactions: 12
Junior Horse is beautiful. Top lad. I'm terrified of horses because my dad used to work with someone who apparently got bitten on the stomach by a horse. Thinking about it as an adult that seems quite improbable but the traumatic seed was sown circa 1997 so it's a bit late for rationality to come to the party.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Junior Horse is beautiful. Top lad. I'm terrified of horses because my dad used to work with someone who apparently got bitten on the stomach by a horse. Thinking about it as an adult that seems quite improbable but the traumatic seed was sown circa 1997 so it's a bit late for rationality to come to the party.
importedImage24c6876c-3b08-4cdb-afd6-2637b18a84ce.jpg

To paraphrase these weirdos; 'Was it the horse's fault?' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Omg I love seeing/hearing Tattlers in real life but my mind has been blown at the fact you’re not Scottish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I'm sorry

I can't work out how I feel about these spiders. I have a huge phobia of spiders, but it centres mainly around classic UK house ones. I don't get the same fear for tarantulas, even though they can look a bit creepy. But these things aren't like tarantulas, or house spiders, I can't work out if I find them scary or not 😂

• Haha
Hope you are all doing okay nearly tit myself tonight me and Honey the soft as tit Labrador were watching crime and investigation channel and kid was at my window cos he has climbed up our neighbors scaffolding . I went into full mum mode get the f off that you'll hurt yourself poor wee bugger couldn't get away fast enough 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Orphy B send helpos so I can understand the joke, who are those rejected Madame Tussauds sleep paralysis demons (ft. lace tablecloth)? Daytime TV hosts?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.