Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sending snakeos. I found this photo years ago on Reddit - someone's mother-in-law knitted their wife's snake a Christmas jumper. I was very hormonal at the time and cried over it. The Speakmans should've dressed up their car snake, it makes them far less threatening.

a snake in a costume.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm sending snakeos. I found this photo years ago on Reddit - someone's mother-in-law knitted their wife's snake a Christmas jumper. I was very hormonal at the time and cried over it. The Speakmans should've dressed up their car snake, it makes them far less threatening.

View attachment 1096197
Love this! How did he get in though?! Hole at each end and tempt him through? Hold him upright and slide him down into it? What a lovely MIL ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
In the vein of Central/Eastern European musical comedy may I introduce:

Jozin z Bazin

I don't know why the right hand of the screen wobbles so much and gives me deepfake vibes. Translation is in the first few comments but its delightfully addictive in sound and visuals. This may be apocryphal in origin but I have a vague memory of doing the dance around my Czech friend's house to this in sixth form (they were CZECH, in SIXTH FORM, living in their own HOUSE in the UK and at the time I was too much of a liability to get a part time job and my still Dad made my breakfast)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Love this! How did he get in though?! Hole at each end and tempt him through? Hold him upright and slide him down into it? What a lovely MIL ❤
Maybe like a baby/toddler where you put the top on from legs upwards rather than over their head as it makes them go craaaazy lol

Happy pancake day! What did you guys have on yours? Prunes? Black pudding? Blue food colouring? x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

View attachment 1096197
Sorry laughing at the thought of the Speakman’s dressing up their numerous snakes (and then re imaging your pic of them in the car) and then saying ‘it’s not the snakes fault is it? Look they even got dressed up to see you!’.

I‘m not a snake person but it’s so sweet of the MIL. Like @Jay-cloth Cow asked - how did they get it into it?!

• Haha
  • Heart
is it just me or has this been the longest day ever?! I know I started it with waking up on the sofa at 2am, but this is ridiculous!

I'm just gonna let mr kcc feed me pancakes and peruse trifle defender's venice pics for the rest of the evening ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
is it just me or has this been the longest day ever?! I know I started it with waking up on the sofa at 2am, but this is ridiculous!

I'm just gonna let mr kcc feed me pancakes and peruse trifle defender's venice pics for the rest of the evening ❤
Also loving TDs pics at the mo! Making me v jealous of her trip.

Noticed I've just become a VIP member! I'd like to thank Jack for bringing me to tattle in the first place, Nibbles and the gang, Pooh and Susan, Tunnel Dog, everyone elses pets and of course all you wonderful ninnies for this high honour. Now when do I get my cotswold co sideboard as an award??

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ergh yes!!! Today just wont duck off!

• Heart
Today’s been longer than a snake’s jumper! Happy St David‘s Day and happy Pancake Day everyone!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
We got confused and had pancake Day last Tuesday 🙄🤷 - all days are interchangeable now.
I made (local, free range) bacon sandwiches with maple syrup out of American style pancakes for every meal, for the lolz. My annual attempt at being fun mum? Completed it, mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wondered the same thing @Jay-cloth Cow and @EddieBeds lots of people were asking but the OP never replied. I assumed they had some sort of treat on a string that they put inside to coax him through.

Someone please post me some pancakes as I have been too tired to make any. My address is 1 Sideboard Street, Celery, Edinburgh, SL09 8OT. Thanks in advance x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
May I ask how to pronounce 'foof'? I'd never come across the word until I joined Tattle. I read it so it rhymes with book. Or ooft.
ERM
fOOf
Like hoof? If you say hOOf not hough
If you say Foo Foo Lamar (RIP) and stop after the second F? That was a very Manchester based reference so probably doesn’t help.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
ERM
fOOf
Like hoof? If you say hOOf not hough
If you say Foo Foo Lamar (RIP) and stop after the second F? That was a very Manchester based reference so probably doesn’t help.
Thank you, I will adjust it in my head.
I'm thinking Foo Foo probably sounds the same here.
To get a snake into a cosy jumper prop it open an put a heat source in or behind it. They're quick and ruthless when food is around. Especially buttered snakes, greased lightnin'.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So next week I am moving to the UK yay! Have been away for 3 years now so am taking any and all food (and coffee haha) suggestions ⬇

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Genuinely did not know it was pancake day yesterday! I visited a school and no one mentioned it which in hindsight was surprising as I remember PD being Big tit in school.
I get weirdly sad about not getting involved with my cooking for times like pancake day, Chinese New Year, Burns Night etc but I just always seem to miss everything. I can just about get my tit together for Diwali due to friends celebrating.
Maybe I'll do mini dosa next week? Realistically it is as close as I am going to get to pancakes as just thinking about them now has got me in a tiz about whether they would replace dinner, are they a pudding, what toppings to try - savoury or sweet (I didn't like pancakes as a child and never bothered to try making vegan ones in adulthood) and at least I can firmly file dosa in the 'dinner' box.

As today is Ash Wednesday I am going to celebrate by scampering to the allotment and wolfing down some ash we have in the shed. Much simpler.

• Haha
Genuinely did not know it was pancake day yesterday! I visited a school and no one mentioned it which in hindsight was surprising as I remember PD being Big tit in school.
I get weirdly sad about not getting involved with my cooking for times like pancake day, Chinese New Year, Burns Night etc but I just always seem to miss everything. I can just about get my tit together for Diwali due to friends celebrating.
Maybe I'll do mini dosa next week? Realistically it is as close as I am going to get to pancakes as just thinking about them now has got me in a tiz about whether they would replace dinner, are they a pudding, what toppings to try - savoury or sweet (I didn't like pancakes as a child and never bothered to try making vegan ones in adulthood) and at least I can firmly file dosa in the 'dinner' box.

As today is Ash Wednesday I am going to celebrate by scampering to the allotment and wolfing down some ash we have in the shed. Much simpler.
Isn’t Diwali usually Oct-Nov time? Although now a I want a dosa, so thanks

Reactions: 8
Isn’t Diwali usually Oct-Nov time? Although now a I want a dosa, so thanks
Aye, maybe my brain warms up in Summer and that helps me remember too?
I hope you locate a dosa. Where I live home made or begging a friend are my only options, nearest takeaway/restaurant is in another county :cry:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.