Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pooh about to start rabbit-kicking the living tit out of his toy 🥕
View attachment 1006307
Yaaas! Go Pooh! That carrot is our collective nemesis!

Sorry for the double post, I’m grunking through the MT gradually because it’s so 😳

So happy weekend everyone! Does anyone have any nice non 🔺 plans? I have no plans but I’m very glad about it, and the good news is, I’ve booked an appointment with my gp (agh I hate talking about this because it’s so like a certain smol pixie), but I’m going to ask to try a different antidepressant.

@Charitas I meant to say this ages ago, but really enjoying Elementary!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Happy weekend Sidey B good luck with your GP appointment.
Saturday plans so far are meeting my sister & sil for a coffee- we do that most Saturdays and then nothing after that. What’s everyone else’s plans?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Saturday plans so far are meeting my sister & sil for a coffee- we do that most Saturdays and then nothing after that. What’s everyone else’s plans?
That sounds lovely! I was going to visit a friend but it's too hot, I'm going to stay home and keep cool like Fonzie.

• Haha
Thank you love! That sounds like a perfect weekend, in Covid times, you realise things like gong for a coffee are such a lovely thing (as long as the people are nice too!).

That sounds lovely! I was going to visit a friend but it's too hot, I'm going to stay home and keep cool like Fonzie.
omg shall we send snow-os? MCM you know you’re cool anyway 😎

Hospital appointment with ENT for me!
Man, that‘s rubbish for ~weekend plans~ but so good overall. I really hope you’ll be in good hands with them Hotes x

• Heart
Ah, thank you @Sideboard Bob Sidey B! I'm quite nerdy and introverted IRL, haha.
My friend K lives in Sweden now and she's been sending me pics of her town all covered in ice and snow. I'll take all the snowos I can get!

• Heart
I’m excited, I’m going glove spotting round the hospital on the way out

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Ah, thank you @Sideboard Bob Sidey B! I'm quite nerdy and introverted IRL, haha.
My friend K lives in Sweden now and she's been sending me pics of her town all covered in ice and snow. I'll take all the snowos I can get!
In my eyes, someone who is completely themselves and is just a really nice person is cool, so that basically means you and everyone here. But I’m a dork really so…

So many of my favourite people are introverted. I’m a bit of an extrovert and my introvert friends are my world, I love them. We all balance each other out I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Good luck with appointments Sidey B and Hotes. Hope that you get things sorted when you go.

No big plans here- too much work on Mrs Tunnel’s end unfortunately. Students came back with a loudhailer at 5.30am so I am setting up a working group to ban loudhailers.

I did have lots of mammoth facts from the DA programme last night but I gave the household a talk about the debate over tool use/language/intelligence-brain size and forgot them. Tunnel dog didn’t care and Mrs Tunnel fell asleep. Harsh.

Excited for facturday.
Some animals have rectangular pupils (goats, sheep, toads and octopuses) in order to see their predators in their peripheral vision.

• Wow
Good luck with appointments Sidey B and Hotes. Hope that you get things sorted when you go.

No big plans here- too much work on Mrs Tunnel’s end unfortunately. Students came back with a loudhailer at 5.30am so I am setting up a working group to ban loudhailers.

I did have lots of mammoth facts from the DA programme last night but I gave the household a talk about the debate over tool use/language/intelligence-brain size and forgot them. Tunnel dog didn’t care and Mrs Tunnel fell asleep. Harsh.

Excited for facturday.
Some animals have rectangular pupils (goats, sheep, toads and octopuses) in order to see their predators in their peripheral vision.
I don't know much about lizards but I love chameleon eyes. How they go in different directions, they just look really cool.
I didn't know octopuses had eyes like goats, that's really interesting!
My brother has what he calls his guard frogs, they line up on his roof like it's a castle and they're ready to shoot little frog-sized arrows at intruders.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Chameleons are god level animals. Their eyesight is one of the best of any vertebrate ( this has me thinking- what invertebrate has better eyesight?).

Unmmm. Facturday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Chameleons are god level animals. Their eyesight is one of the best of any vertebrate ( this has me thinking- what invertebrate has better eyesight?).

Unmmm. Facturday.
I don't know the answer to that but my mum had eyes in the back of her head.
Mum-Stop pulling that face!
Young MCM- How did you know?
Mum-I have eyes in the back of my head!

• Haha
I don't know the answer to that but my mum had eyes in the back of her head.
Mum-Stop pulling that face!
Young MCM- How did you know?
Mum-I have eyes in the back of my head!
My mum knew when I had taken something out of the fridge even when she wasn’t in the house when I did it.

She had magical Pythagoras sense and measured all items to 90 degrees and if they deviated, I was to blame (which I always was).

• Haha
  • Heart
Have a lovely weekend everyone. I have the grey idiot lying on me as she thinks it's cold.
Almost time for a bike ride, then pop to Asda to check prices buy cat food, then working for part of the evening.

Don't think my only koala fact has been mentioned: they have fingerprints which are close to human prints.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I just remembered there's a marsupial called a pademelon. It's not weird enough to have big kicky feet and a pouch, someone saddled it with a silly name. I remember seeing one at the zoo and they are very cute.
F1EF2C39-9F84-4996-943B-4716CCA49812.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hi all. I speak to you from the future: Saturday night!

I've had a terrific day. I worked cleaning and I'm going to show you the tiles I scrubbed at an office. (I used to take pleasure in corporatey things like "policy and strategy" and "plain language for transparent client experience" in my former jobs [yes, I know and sort of - not properly - apologise for being a tosser saying that], and this was just as fun.)

And then I did good paddock things, and made a delicious dinner of Thai-style chicken meatballs and loads of pak choy.

I'd love to have this day all over again.

Happy birthday to all enjoying.

PS: have you done quokkas yet?

Have a great day

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.