Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Pixieboots for the new thread title! Feel free to post about anything off-topic. Send cattos, doggos, sheepos or weatheros.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Thank you @Pixieboots for the new thread title! Feel free to post about anything off-topic. Send cattos, doggos, sheepos or weatheros.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.
Thank you for the new thread TS! “Send weatheros” - don’t encourage us! Here’s an amazing WEATHER photo by an iconic photographer who I’ve only just found out about, Saul Leiter.

8B9A8D61-47D9-4AE8-9626-A0EE86263CB7.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was sent a migraine-o earlier, and the after effects are not enjoyable. I hope I can sleep tonight but if I can’t I think the MT will be on 🔥 to keep me company.
I made a really nice roast cherry tomato tagliatelle earlier, from a gousto recipe which I’ve bought all of the storecupboard stuff for. Roasted the toms with garlic yesterday (whilst baking a spud) added the onion/stock/paste/balsamic today and heated, whizzed and poured over cooked pasta. It was lovely, forgot the fresh basil from my plant though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you for the new thread @traumatised sideboard I have no animals to send so will a gif of our favourite marsupials do?

Taking a risk there with koalao. If you aren’t careful, panda cub YouTube videos will soon flood these boxes.

Thanks for new thread. I thought you had all gone to SS
and the new rescue puppy this morning.

Migraine Jack right royally annoyed me last night. Having been part of the cluster club for many years she really doesn’t have a clue.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I loved Round the Twist but I preferred Eerie, Indiana. I just looked it up and there were only 19 episodes made! I'd love a reboot of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's Susan's birthday tomorrow, she's going to be 8 years old. She looks like she's just seen a ghost but that's how her face looks unless she's sleeping. Resting Bug Face.
E5C7A907-A318-41A5-86C9-124E07A3C22C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I like that too, it's interesting trying to remember how to word stuff on different sites. For example the other site I mention a bit calls Grunking "Thread Archaeology". Especially since the British politics threads are on #26 (on that site, #116 overall!), and they cap threads at 10,000 posts, not 1000, so there's a lot of words (and insane in jokes).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I ordered some slippers. I really want some Birkenstock slippers but they’re spendy and the reviews online so mixed. So ordered some imitation style ones in a sale. They turned up this morning - I’ve been sent an odd pair. I think one of them is actually a mens slipper, albeit a bit smol.

Imagining someone else opening an order and wondering at what point they noticed? It was only when I got up to walk in them I realised something was amiss. To be fair they are the same colour and similar style!

I find buying slippers up there with the pain of buying bras and jeans. Hate buying them - probably says more about me being particular.

ETA: Sorry this has to be the lamest chat ever!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I loved Round the Twist but I preferred Eerie, Indiana. I just looked it up and there were only 19 episodes made! I'd love a reboot of it.
Loved that too, but inevitably a remake will be crap as they all seem to be, I saw some of the remake of Saved by the bell the other day and it was so bad I thgouht it must just be a joke

• Sad
happy birthday little susan! (still always makes me think of little friend susan in millie mollie mandy :ROFLMAO: ) I hope she will be getting lots of dreamies (I remember they are called something else there but cannot remember what!)

• Haha
  • Heart
happy birthday little susan! (still always makes me think of little friend susan in millie mollie mandy :ROFLMAO: ) I hope she will be getting lots of dreamies (I remember they are called something else there but cannot remember what!)
They're called Temptations, tit name! She loves buttered bread and lactose free milk so I might sneak her a treat when the other two aren't looking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Birthday treats all round tomorrow 🤪🤪🤪.

No chat here unfortunately. Tunnel dog is in a mood because it is cold and there were no bowl licks after breakfast. The word princess doesn’t even cover it.

In worse news I got a lecture from my dad ( with a follow up email) last night about the fuel cap and that actually it meant a cap on….

kWh charges. Groan.

(eta- the groan makes me seem ungrateful for the lecture- I am not, the groan is entirely related to the kWh 😖)

• Heart
  • Haha
I’ve been processing an application for something at work 🔺 and it’s written in the third person (without triangulation it made no sense to do this). It’s all a bit:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I had leftover minestrone for lunch and there is more for tea later. Tastes even better the next day.
I'm off to M&S in a bit for my free pair of undercrackers (finally, something useful out of my Sparks card). It better not be like the Next sale and everything is purple with a choice of size 6 or 24. Totally buying some cheese bread on the way out either way.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.