Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so nice and soothing in here after all the, well, you know

happy birthday @Toffee finger and susan!

first record (well, tape) i ever bought was I'd do anything for love... sad day

just realised it's 13 years ago today since me and mr kcc's first date! it's gone so ridiculously fast 😱

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
so nice and soothing in here after all the, well, you know

happy birthday @Toffee finger and susan!

first record (well, tape) i ever bought was I'd do anything for love... sad day

just realised it's 13 years ago today since me and mr kcc's first date! it's gone so ridiculously fast 😱
It really does feel so peaceful in comparison.
Happy anniversary to you two, that’s so sweet!

And what a cool first tape to have. It really is so sad, I can’t actually believe he’s gone, he’s such an important part of pop-culture. @MaineCoonMama I had a feeling you’d like Meat Loaf too.

Does anyone remember when he presented Top Of The Pops? He was HILARIOUS! He was running around backstage, playing pranks on the other guests, just a riot of fun. I can’t pretend to be a megafan or anything, but I love the hits and his music reminds me of people I love.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She was a little confused when I told her she had a small fan club. They all had salmon for tea and I didn't tell her off when I caught her trying to lick the kitchen tap.
CAB81A5D-374B-4F2D-A74F-3D68ADBCC376.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m currently googling Koala & Panda facts for tomorrow seeing as Saturday has turned into fact day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone need some blue sky? We have way too much here atm, we're in for a very hot week. Send Polar Bearos.
C9602A13-7CF6-472F-9E01-EFC76B2C4562.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We are watching a man logging (using science 😂) pine marten activity.

There may even be a barchart.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Lads I’m going through a real weetabix phase, anyway I’m not made of butter and weetabix money and was wondering whether I could crowdsource info on this hellsite on the supermarket versions?
Out of the Big Conspiracy lot I’m able to get Tesco, Asda or Lidl, so their ones specifically. My closest is Sainsbobs mini and doesn’t have own brand.
Also happy birthday @Toffee finger treat yourself to some quality street eyeshadow, and you @emm with the job!
Ms Boudicca celebrating with salmon and illicit tap water, I expect nothing less on this auspicious day 😻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Lads I’m going through a real weetabix phase, anyway I’m not made of butter and weetabix money and was wondering whether I could crowdsource info on this hellsite on the supermarket versions?
Out of the Big Conspiracy lot I’m able to get Tesco, Asda or Lidl, so their ones specifically. My closest is Sainsbobs mini and doesn’t have own brand.
Also happy birthday @Toffee finger treat yourself to some quality street eyeshadow, and you @emm with the job!
Ms Boudicca celebrating with salmon and illicit tap water, I expect nothing less on this auspicious day 😻
We got the really value ones a while back (8 years maybe) from Tesco to take abroad ( we took all our food on holiday for reasons you can probably guess but there is no need to explain).

Anyway, they seemed 50% smaller (Mrs T was not happy), actually rectangular and crumbled like crumbly things.

Normal Tesco are absolutely fine. They look and taste like weetabix. Haven’t tried the other two.

These are the value ones (oh look! The value ones have disappeared, but identical rectangular, crumbly ones are still available under a different name. The reviews seem strangely positive- maybe they are better than they were 8 years ago?)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks, this is the sort of granular info I was needing. The Rectangle shape is offputting but if they tasted the same I wouldn’t mind. But smaller and different texture? Nah. Like fake shreddies, it’s not the same.
Cornflakes and bran flakes IDGAF in fact prefer the cheaper ones.

NOT aVAILABLE!!!! <Eastenders drumroll>
DA7000E3-909E-49C3-9F25-603368365A04.jpeg

Jesus! Tesco own brand are only £1.06 for 24!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really like Lid’s fake Shreddies, “Malt Wheaties”. Sorry, I know that’s not much help @HotesTilaire Last time I had Wheetabix was a few months ago they were on offer in Tesco or Lidl, and Marcus mate was on the box!

I’m currently googling Koala & Panda facts for tomorrow seeing as Saturday has turned into fact day.
I LOVE this, but omg how can we limit all our facts to just one day SSW??

• Haha
  • Heart
I really like Lid’s fake Shreddies, “Malt Wheaties”. Sorry, I know that’s not much help @HotesTilaire Last time I had Wheetabix was a few months ago they were on offer in Tesco or Lidl, and Marcus mate was on the box!

I LOVE this, but omg how can we limit all our facts to just one day SSW??
I don’t think it’s possible as we all love faces 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know right! I will type out a perfectly coherent sentence and that carrot will come along and ruin my lovely sentence 😭 send koalas stat.
I wrote out this whole long rambling reply, but I was boring myself. Basically, I do love faces, and I miss seeing them with all the masks.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.