Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
It's Susan's birthday tomorrow, she's going to be 8 years old. She looks like she's just seen a ghost but that's how her face looks unless she's sleeping. Resting Bug Face.
E5C7A907-A318-41A5-86C9-124E07A3C22C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Flumps

VIP Member
Just popping in as I've not been over here for weeks! Hope everyone is bearing up at least reasonably well ❤ MT is stressful...

@Flumps lovely to see you pop your head in ! ☺
Hello lovely (and the rest of you lovelies). Life has been BUSY and I also had a bit of a head blip, probably still a bit blippy but coming out the other side.

My sign is the horse. Obvs a little worrying but hopefully I am safe as of female variety.

In good things news - we finally bought a house and moved into it. So now I live up a ridiculous hill, in a ridiculous cabin, in a ridiculous (but all ours) wood. I love it so much, even if there are approx 300000000 million jobs to do. I also (v recently) got a new job (more a promotion and evolution of current job), which I'm waiting to start. Terrifying. I had ideas and people took them seriously and now I have to be a grown up. My daughter aced her mocks (and considering the year she's had, just turning up to them was frankly winning) and got into 6th form college of her choice. MrF has a new job and a list of house/land jobs as long as v long thing and continues to put up with my varying levels of sanity with heroic levels of patience and good humour.

My beloved cat died and I'm still heartbroken. I've lost pets before but this one hit me so hard. She was my little best friend. I do have 4 others to keep me in cat love, but they aren't *my* cat.

Loving all the goat chat. On list of many jobs is building housing for chickens and ummm.. goats. So give me a while and I will be able to keep the thread in goat pictures. In the mean time I will pay cat tax. Don't quite have a mini tiger, so not entirely appropriate.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
If I ever come back as something else in another life I would like to come back as a spaniel who gets overly spoilt.
All spaniels are spoilt. It is their default setting.

I may have posted this before, who knows.

Tunnel dog is dreaming of Spring and hoping that everyone is having a lovely Sunday evening (Monday morning Aussie friends)

♥

6D518B7D-DEE6-45EF-B24E-2734E2713159.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Boiler has broken 😞. No one can come until isolation period is over and Mrs T is still pretty ill so is unlikely to test negative and get the early get out. Next week then.

Got a cheapo convector heater which is ok for short periods in one room.

Sorry for being a grump. At least it isn’t snowy or icy.

You know when you were a child and something bad happened and you woke up in the morning and for a moment you felt this dread but didn’t know why until you properly woke up and remembered (This doesn’t seem to happen so much as an adult because when bad things happen, sleep is so much harder to come by)?

Well, at the moment, that feeling of dread feels continuous. As though there is nothing that can shake it. Covid still hasn’t properly gone, we are being governed by idiots so the future is so uncertain, the fuel crisis is looming, the tax rise is coming, inflation. Then when relatively minor things happen (Mrs T getting ill- will she get LC too?, the boiler), it just adds to that dread.

Sometimes, there are moments when things are light, seeing the old buildings in the city(realising that they have stood longer and through more than we ever will), the owls hooting on the roof. Hopefully, the dread will dissipate.

Sorry if this is too much or way off the mark

• Heart
  • Sad
So glad I decided to take a look at this thread! MT was winding me up and the light in my eyes is currently OFF so this was a wholesome treat ❤

Please accept a photo of my incredibly lazy (non) working cocker as a thank you gift. He apparently has a very heavy head so must have a chin rest at all times

IMG_20200422_133533.jpg

• Heart
Thank LJC for everyone sending animalos here. I'm taking a break from grunking atm because it's A LOT. Sideboard Cat sends her love. She's shedding like mad and she's scrapped her ears almost bald due to allergies so she looks a bit of a scruff but so do I so it's fine.

sideboard catto.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This thread has been so interesting. For people who moved out of London how did you find your first year? Would love to know especially if you have little ones?

I’ve not posted this on the MT for fear of 🔺 but we’re moving from London to the very rural north to be closer to my husband’s family and my sisters. Sorry I suppose trigger warning as this is a mood killer but the pandemic has been emotionally tough on us, it’s been really lonely for me (ngl tattle has helped with that). It was a sudden decision in some ways but inevitable in others, we’ve been spending a lot more time in the north and each time the trips would get longer/extended and it just makes sense. It’s an emotional process and this week has been horrible (first buyer was a time waster, found a brilliant new buyer the next day who is whizzing through the process, got flamed on the thread about buying houses lmaooo) and I’ve cried tons but I do think it’s for the best for toddler? All I think about is how it’ll impact her, but she’s getting to the age where she recognises and gets excited to see Nan, aunties, etc so I think that’s more important than anything? How do you know you’re making the right decision or do you never know?

Sorry guys 🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻

• Heart
Reactions: 26

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I know some of us really enjoy spooky/weird/coincidental stuff. so, here's this

remember how mr kcc's dad passed and he's got his dad's car now?

today the mileage on the car reads 8244 (his dad never went very far)

that was his dad's dob - 8.2.44

and so when we set off in the car tomorrow, the mileage will read 8244 on 8.2.22, what would have been his dad's 78th birthday 🤯

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220131-215509.jpg

In honour of the Year of the Tiger, here's my old boy. His nose was scratched from fighting some other local beast, take your pick from dogs, deer, rabbits, foxes, other cats, hedgehogs, brambley mice, my ankle, take your pick, he'd fight them all. I have a forensic knowledge of the price of cat antibiotics from 2002-2018.
He was a lovely cat but very very naughty. In the photo he looks affronted because he has been caught somewhere he is not supposed to be, standard behaviour. He also did a train chaos in his earlier days, and stole a roast chicken from my neighbour.

• Heart
Happy Cabalentine's to all my darling dearest hearts. Here is my one true love, looking very dismissive after I asked if she loved me as much as I love her. I took her silence as a yes.

20220207_162129.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
@Sideboard Bob I sang Blondie 'Heart of Glass' to my cat while she was in my arms earlier, complete with stroking her tum along with the guitar parts which she loved even though I am legitimately worse than Jack at singing. The cat doesn't know any better, bless her. Next time try Huey Lewis & The News 'The Power of Glove'. You can change a hawk to a little white glove, because that is - indeed - the power of glove. Or acute COVID, I forget.

I get particularly melancholy about being alone when I'm ill because I want to be dramatic and fling myself on the sofa like a reclining woman in a Renaissance painting and be able to send someone out to Sainsbury's to buy doughnuts and a sweet potato katsu curry. That makes me sound high maintenance, I promise I'm not really. I don't generally like people doing things for me because they do it wrong which on reflection sounds even worse. This may be why I am alone 😬

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
She was a little confused when I told her she had a small fan club. They all had salmon for tea and I didn't tell her off when I caught her trying to lick the kitchen tap.
CAB81A5D-374B-4F2D-A74F-3D68ADBCC376.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
My friend just asked me for a baby pic of Pooh and I've dug this one out. Before you ask, we did have to be really quiet around him because those ears could pick up Ham Radio from the Czech Republic.
1876C06A-4A17-4279-B89F-DC32A700B79E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Falkor

VIP Member
Well, Nibbles was determined to give me a heart attack this evening - went to feed her and 406 and spray her foot, 406 came running when I called, but no Nibbles. Walked down the field calling her, nothing. Checked the drainage ditches in case she'd got stuck in one. Nothing. Halfway down the 6-acre field there was a big BAAAAAA and she came galloping over, she'd been down on the steepest bit of slope and hadn't heard me. Relief all round.

Two sad events in the village over the weekend. Someone from a village up the coast decided to come and do the walk out to our local clearance village with his young rescue dog on Saturday afternoon. When he got to a big open space with no sheep in view, he let the dog off the lead to practise walking to heel. He took his eye off her for a few minutes, distracted by something out at sea, and she vanished. He searched until darkness fell and then came back with a search party on Sunday - they found her body in the sea at the bottom of a 100ft cliff :( Very, very sad and he's learned a hard lesson. The crofters here were mostly sympathetic, but with a strong undercurrent of 'what idiot lets a dog off lead on common grazings 8 weeks before lambing starts?'

The second sad event was a post in a local community Facebook group today asking if anyone lived in my village who could go and take a photo of a dead seal pup for SMASS (Scottish Marine Animal Stranding Scheme). I volunteered my services and they gave me a What 3 Words reference along with a description of 'apparently it's in a sort of swampy pool.' It wasn't far from where the horses are at the moment, so I dropped off their supper, then took the quad as close as I could get and slid my way down the cliff path to look for it. No signal down there and the W3W app kept jumping about. Couldn't see any sort of swampy pool and was about to give up when I saw a hole in the bank about the width of a bucket and a little face deep down inside it. Absolutely no idea how it got in there, but it obviously got stuck and couldn't get out. Waiting to hear if they need me to go back in the morning with rubber gloves and haul it out to see if it was injured, which I'm hoping they don't because it'll be a pretty horrible smelly job.

• Sad

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
Morning Frauen!

I have been MIA from the jack threads for a week or so, they are too much at the moment - I have finally admitted I need some help with my mental health and it's been a rocky week. Got myself some happy pills now though, so hoping to see an improvement in the coming days and weeks.
I assume she's still a thundercunt so I won't bother grunking!

Just wanted to say I hope you are all well and, well, a general "hi" I guess. I've missed the chatter!

• Heart