Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tazs need to make a comeback come on Cadbury’s make it happen.
if cadburys need to make anything happen it is cherry ripe bars in the UK! Tehre used to be a couple of Antipodean shops that sold them but seemingnly none exist anymore (in london anyway)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I loved the Boost bars with the caffeine and guarana in them. Had me bouncing off the walls as a teenager.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve just learned 5 seconds ago that Dolly Partons hair is a wig. I thought she just most of gotten through a lot of hair dye 🤯.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Reverted to a Jodie Foster film. It’s the only way.

OT boosts were yummy. Haven’t had one for eons.

• Heart
I'm sending a box of Cherry Ripes to
1 England St
England
You'll have to fight amongst yourselves, just make sure Emm gets at least one.
if cadburys need to make anything happen it is cherry ripe bars in the UK! Tehre used to be a couple of Antipodean shops that sold them but seemingnly none exist anymore (in london anyway)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I liked boosts as a teen, there was a lot to them. Not like a wispa where you just bite and it’s gone.

Reactions: 11
I literally couldn’t remember what a Whispa is! They really are insubstantial.
Does anyone remember Midnight Mars Bars, or dark and white ones? They were so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Loving how wholesome this thread is versus Jack hell 🥰

I’ve never liked the feel of a whispa or an aero 😷 flakes are an elite chocolate texture!

• Haha
  • Heart
The new aero caramel is the good tit though.
I loved Mars Delight - were they slightly “lower calorie” aka small?

I am aware I am doing a Jack talking about old sweets, but I don’t have any bear facts.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I liked boosts as a teen, there was a lot to them. Not like a wispa where you just bite and it’s gone.
My sister went through a stage of only buying Wispa bites when we were allowed some sweets from the shop because she fancied Dec of Ant & Dec fame when they advertised them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I saw someone on twitter the other day mention Mars planets, now they were ace. and I can't remember what they were called, but those crispy milky way roll things were god tier

snowflakes were fantastic, but they were doomed after the whole sponsorship of anthea turner's wedding thing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

I am aware I am doing a Jack talking about old sweets, but I don’t have any bear facts.
If you’re anywhere near a Costa they’re doing Aero Caramel muffins.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I saw someone on twitter the other day mention Mars planets, now they were ace. and I can't remember what they were called, but those crispy milky way roll things were god tier

snowflakes were fantastic, but they were doomed after the whole sponsorship of anthea turner's wedding thing
I’m sure that’s what they were called crispy rolls, so good. Why did they stop those and Mars Planets?

Reactions: 11
I liked Mars Delight and Mars Planets. Like Milky Way and Revels but FANCY.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Bears sometimes break into shops to steal chocolate. There was a she-bear somewhere in North America who broke into a shop and kept going back in for more chocolate. You could see her on camera getting more confident as the night wore on, popping back in seemingly once an hour, the funny old girl!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Happy belated birthday for yesterday @Toffee finger and Susan!

I haven't come equipped with any facts. I'm having a bit of a mare as my medication was increased a few days ago to see if it would help me sleep. It hasn't, but it has given me carb cravings and now I'm about to go full Fugue State TS and start listing every confectionery item I've ever consumed, none of which I can eat any more.

Penguin Flipper Dippers, M&M Biscuit Bars, Wispa mint, Double Decker, Echo bars...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@MaineCoonMama I want to go for a night on the town with that she-bear!

Was it Secret Bars that had a kind of flaky shell and a lovely filling inside? They were such a mess they had a little cardboard tray, but they were gorgeous!

This isn’t a bear fact, but it blows my mind. Antartica used to be called Australia, then “New Holland” (as it was then) was renamed Australia, and poor Antartica went without a name for 80 years!

• Wow
Happy belated birthday for yesterday @Toffee finger and Susan!

I haven't come equipped with any facts. I'm having a bit of a mare as my medication was increased a few days ago to see if it would help me sleep. It hasn't, but it has given me carb cravings and now I'm about to go full Fugue State TS and start listing every confectionery item I've ever consumed, none of which I can eat any more.

Penguin Flipper Dippers, M&M Biscuit Bars, Wispa mint, Double Decker, Echo bars...
I've always wanted to try Tunnocks Caramel wafers and Penguin bars, they feature heavily in the Scottish series I read (the Logan Macrae books by Stuart MacBride). I've seen them in the British food section but they're so expensive! I don't know if it's just FOMO but you guyses seem to have better chocolate selections. Apart from Tim Tams.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.