Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she's really pissed me off now with the whole intrusive thoughts are the same as earworms business. I'm just putting his here because it's quieter, I'm sorry to anyone who reads this.

i have far too regular intrusive thoughts and they are so wearing. thinking that you have the potential to do something awful, even though you know you won't, is the worst feeling.

2 nights ago, everything got way too much for me and I self-harmed. I'm ok and safe now and I'm not s*icidal. I've just had a hell of a lot to deal with lately and it's messed up my head and keeping an eye on that bleeping ghoul doesn't help

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Much love to you @MancBee and @kachoochoo. She is such a head with all this triggering crap.

Fruit cake has often been served in Yorkshire with other cheese like Wensleydale or Cheddar in the past, so not so different. I’d break a bit off and try it that way first.
I will give it a go next time I have mince pies!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That's what I thought it might be Sidey B! Does their cat like it? I thought it was generally a bit rubbish as a toy - it's a load of (literal) balls and what looks like a table tennis bat. If it looked like proper wedges of cheese that would be a different story.
Apparently he actually loves it! I guess it’s a typical cat thing, they always enjoy toys you don’t expect them to.

Love to @MancBee and @kachoochoo ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well what can we say, it’s keeping me going that fellowship squigs have noticed the bad PR job she has been doing.
Did some cleaner research earlier. Also looking out for those bathroom handgrips - I’d like the suction type one to stick on my wall or shower screen, should anyone happen to have any recommendations?

Edit to add - there are a million types, prices etc on the internet, plenty of choices but was wondering if anyone could vouch for one. This is the kind of thing
93598C5B-6A92-4BC8-857D-97FC0AA816A9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I am so sorry @kachoochoo. I am glad you are in a better place today and if only we could warn others of the tweets before they come I really think it would be good.

What I said yesterday about her lack of TW is harming so many on here.

❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well what can we say, it’s keeping me going that fellowship squigs have noticed the bad PR job she has been doing.
Did some cleaner research earlier. Also looking out for those bathroom handgrips - I’d like the suction type one to stick on my wall or shower screen, should anyone happen to have any recommendations?
This type https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/bathroom-aids/bathroom-grab-rail/suction-grab-bar-with-indicators are the best kind. Chrome ones look nicer but are harder to grip on to.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks toffee, bloody out of stock there though!!!! Will look next week, am not even at home

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello, may I pop in via the roadsidegrump and the make up influencer? I have a pic of my first ever shortbread to keep on topic. Hope you're all well
“the make up influencer” 🤣
Yo Wooh! That shortbread looks gorgeous!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
“the make up influencer” 🤣
Yo Wooh! That shortbread looks gorgeous!
Thanks, we were so proud and after a long bushwalk/hike, we ate it all, no apologies.That's my girlfriend's arm, we don't (and won't) cohabitat, and it's been great to spend a few days together.

The make up influencer is too out of control for me atm

@HotesTilaire do get a cleaner! The right person will really look after your home and you, unintrusively. Source: me. A bit of a me talk, not too self-aggrandising, I hope... after my nephew died this year (plus a months-long lockdown) I threw in the towel on "corporate life" and now work as a kitchenhand and housekeeper at an eco retreat, plus cleaning houses. I enjoy it so much - literally see myself as a proud housekeeper for clients in the hours I'm there and want to look after them! Unlike Jack, I don't need them to be my friends 😄

That's why I think paying a cleaner is great, just pick the one that suits you and you feel the "vibe" for

• Heart
Reactions: 18
she's really pissed me off now with the whole intrusive thoughts are the same as earworms business. I'm just putting his here because it's quieter, I'm sorry to anyone who reads this.

i have far too regular intrusive thoughts and they are so wearing. thinking that you have the potential to do something awful, even though you know you won't, is the worst feeling.

2 nights ago, everything got way too much for me and I self-harmed. I'm ok and safe now and I'm not s*icidal. I've just had a hell of a lot to deal with lately and it's messed up my head and keeping an eye on that bleeping ghoul doesn't help
I am really sorry to hear you are struggling, MH is so complex and Jack just thinks it is all a game. I won't insult you with platitudes. Life can be tit, but it doesn't stay tit all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thanks, we were so proud and after a long bushwalk/hike, we ate it all, no apologies.That's my girlfriend's arm, we don't (and won't) cohabitat, and it's been great to spend a few days together.

The make up influencer is too out of control for me atm

@HotesTilaire do get a cleaner! The right person will really look after your home and you, unintrusively. Source: me. A bit of a me talk, not too self-aggrandising, I hope... after my nephew died this year (plus a months-long lockdown) I threw in the towel on "corporate life" and now work as a kitchenhand and housekeeper at an eco retreat, plus cleaning houses. I enjoy it so much - literally see myself as a proud housekeeper for clients in the hours I'm there and want to look after them! Unlike Jack, I don't need them to be my friends 😄

That's why I think paying a cleaner is great, just pick the one that suits you and you feel the "vibe" for
What a change! Not self-aggrandising at all, it’s honestly inspiring that a dark time set such a positive thing in motion. It’s not something everyone can do, and that’s ok, but it’s so good to hear about it.
It sounds like you’ve got the perfect mindset for it, to genuinely care about the people you’re there for. I know someone who is a cleaner for elderly people, which she does, well, but what she also does is chat with the people she works for. It’s not part of the job description, but to her it’s one of the main things.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am really sorry to hear you are struggling, MH is so complex and Jack just thinks it is all a game. I won't insult you with platitudes. Life can be tit, but it doesn't stay tit all the time.
thank you. ❤

hope you know that we're all rooting for you too ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have not ventured onto the MT so don't know what has gone on but wanted to check in on everyone who has found it hard. I feel like we have been through a a lot together this past year, and we can support one another over the coming days. Someone upthread talked about missing the routine and I think once we have some semblance of real life again then our thoughts will become more ordered.

@HotesTilaire deffo get a cleaner - they will do more in an hour than you can (mine is magic) and that leaves you with more time to do the things that you like. As someone from a working class background I find it incredibly difficult to accept that I have a cleaner. I cant explain why but its something I find uncomfortable. I have to remind myself that I am a single mum working more than full time hours to justify it in my head at times and have a little word with myself.

ETA - @Wooh sorry to hear about your nephew.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I remember you having some issues with the assessment for your PIP. Sorry to ask but are you classed a disabled? Sorry to be so direct.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.