Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
I absolutely love cooking Christmas dinner. Genuinely standing in the kitchen with a glass of wine with my Santa hat on is one of my annual highlights.
PS. Geetdog says hi

63352999-A554-4C34-980D-BFAA28EBC97D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33

AlphaBetaDeux

Hola gang, hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been struggling to keep up with the many developments on the MT but wanted to shout in and say hello anyway ❤

Baby ABD2 has arrived but is spending some time in NNU. The whole delivery was an absolute emergency so I won’t talk about about it but just wanted to acknowledge that they’re here and we’re doing as OK as can be. Luckily Jack looks set to provide much needed entertainment over the coming days!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

kachoochoo

VIP Member
she's really pissed me off now with the whole intrusive thoughts are the same as earworms business. I'm just putting his here because it's quieter, I'm sorry to anyone who reads this.

i have far too regular intrusive thoughts and they are so wearing. thinking that you have the potential to do something awful, even though you know you won't, is the worst feeling.

2 nights ago, everything got way too much for me and I self-harmed. I'm ok and safe now and I'm not s*icidal. I've just had a hell of a lot to deal with lately and it's messed up my head and keeping an eye on that fucking ghoul doesn't help

• Heart
Reactions: 31

kachoochoo

VIP Member
omg lads, we've had some really good news today! mr kcc's mam and brother have been agonising over what to do with his dad's car now he's passed. they were going to potentially sell it and split the proceeds or his brother might have sold his car and kept it

mr kcc was a little unhappy about this situation as his own car has several things needing fixing on it, but it's all a bit expensive and nor could he afford to buy his dad's car from his mam

anyway, mr kcc's son (also wanted the car, but isn't 17 yet and has money set aside for a car when he is anyway) insisted it has to stay in the family

mr kcc's birthday falls between now and the next weekend he sees his son. he was really low with everything last night and was dreading, as he put it, "the birthday presents ceremony"

you can see where this is going, yeah?

reader, they have given him the car

I'm not trying to brag or owt and it doesn't solve all our problems, but it's like, one major problem is sorted and it feels great to have a little bit of good luck for once

• Heart
Reactions: 31

emm

VIP Member
So can everyone keep their fingers and everything crossed for me, some of you might remember my kitten escaped soon after getting her last November? Someone has possibly found her… 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Susan wishing everyone a wonderful festive season with her brand-new elf. The elf was kindly donated to the cats (along with some cat food) by the ladies at our local Uniting Church. They've been so good to me, I really hope I can repay their kindness one day.
4B82486E-20C4-4B9D-86D4-9CA39619A41D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
8B3343C2-A8AE-4A8E-BAAB-9290BFD0B6E0.jpeg
It's going to be a hot couple of days here, 37c today and 38c tomorrow. I'll be spending NYE at home in the air con. Pls send rain, snow and ice to-:
1 Pooh Street
Pooh Town.
Or subscribe to my Purrtreon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Falkor

VIP Member
Happy new year slightly early from Junior Horse, who finally got the hang of standing on a mat today :) Here he is staring at his big love in life, traffic cones for targeting. And yes, he did eat all the pies for Christmas, we're working on it!! But he was such a good lad today, over the last 2 years he's gone from a shutdown 'don't want to know about humans' horse when he arrived to one standing at the field gate as soon as he hears me outside in the morning, saying 'Come on, what are we doing today then?' My new year's resolution is to find some more regular time for him, because I think he's in the right headspace to have a saddle back on again.
20211231_115045.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Universal

Chatty Member
Can someone insert the GIF that is the Rik Mayall quote in The Young Ones as Rick saying 'Lets talk about me' (I think that's it from memory).

I am tipsy and I love you all. I still miss Rik Mayall too. I struggle when my children are with my ex, I dont have many people around me so its not always due to them being away but because I am alone a lot without them. I had a moan via message to the man I am seeing yesterday about filling the void. He surprised me by cancelling his meetings this afternoon and coming to see me for a few hours. Its a two hour train journey and we met in town (you all know where I live 🔺) so we went for an early lunch with 🍾 but no 🦉and he came to my house afterwards. He is now on the train home. Firstly, I cant quite believe someone put that effort in for me, secondly he is such easy company and I have had the best day.

On topic I like the Aldi stollen bites.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yay, Tunnel Dog and smol Susan! Greetings from The Void who keeps eating my kitchen sponge.

the void.jpg

I'm trying very hard not to get too wound up over the MT. Interspersing the triggering/irresponsible nonsense with mutton dressed as lamb selfies is helping me remember she's just a giant wanker who shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Aww thanks KCC, I told her that this morning and she just stared at me then walked off which I think is her saying 'WELL OBVIOUSLY'. Here she is when she was very smol - I think 13 weeks old?

tiny sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Ridiculously warm here and also Senior Horse's 27th birthday (he's not a thoroughbred, he just has very dodgy paperwork) which he is celebrating by being a muddy oik as always, but he can still canter up the hill for his supper and flip right over from side to side when he's rolling, which is pretty good for being the horse equivalent of 81 :)

-35gwh3.jpg

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Conspiracy theorists really like to think they’ve popty pinged through some secret wall of silence or something. My trouble with them is a bit similar to my attacked by a bear problem- I’m tired, I’ve had a good life and I don’t really care. If the government have 8nvented Australia, or pandas, or 5g implants in vaccines, so what? What do you want me to do about it? If big pharma has my dna on file to grow mutant Hotes, so be it. If the royal family are lizards, fair play they make it look like they’re real people nearly all the time.

• Haha

Universal

Chatty Member
A few years ago I popty pinged to Edinburgh with my ex husband and we went to the zoo to see the pandas. He is a massive conspiracy theorist and we had a huge row as he was trying to convince me that it was just a person dressed up as panda to bring the tourists in. We didn't buy celery or cheap, nearly out of date, processed meat so we didn't really make the most of our stay.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I’m so sorry you had a rough time, but glad you know what I mean, and more importantly, that music was there for you too. I’m glad you’re here to tell the tale, that goes for everyone else here too ❤
I'm glad too, but also I can't believe I forgot Chandler's middle name was Muriel. Have a baby Pooh.
E077093F-3572-4EBB-9FE1-CC787819D90D.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Oh no HTRIA I am not cool, I'm about ten years behind the times and have a warped sense of what is suitable for a child as my parents lets me play Grand Theft Auto 2 when I was ten 😂

I've just taken a fresh loaf of bread out of the oven after stressing out all day over how I was going to fit in going to the gym (never skip leg day) and making bread for tomorrow. I wish I could post you all a slice so you can make sardines and prunes on toast.

christmas bread.jpg

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I'm going to see my bestie next week, she has just rescued two abandoned kittens. Some absolute crint left them on a freeway. 😡
She already has two other cats, two dogs, two chickens and a turtle. It's such a happy madhouse, she's one of those people who just can't say no to an animal in distress.
Animal cruelty is my 🤬. I haven’t watched S8 of GOT because I know a dragon dies. Needless to say that hasn’t gone down well in the Tunnel household. We have done 1-7 x2 with me promising twice to watch 8 but binning out both times.

Tunnel cat was rescued and he was the best. He was involved in a court case so we had to wait before we got him.

That post was sad so here is Tunnel dog as a pup
7F0BCA47-0E14-433D-A83A-C953AB668FA7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad