Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone finding the MT a bit tough? Feeling she is being deliberately like this and it isn’t easy at this time of year.
Yes. Someone (I can’t remember who, sorry), put it perfectly as “depression cosplay” and it’s so true.
Tunnel, please protect yourself. I hope if you need to you can nope the duck away from Jack and the MT. I totally get what you’re talking about. The way she reduces depression to clothes and makeup has really bothered me. I genuinely had a brilliant Christmas day, and I know how lucky I am to have had that. But that night I literally cried all night and didn’t sleep at all, and that’s one of the less tit ways depression affects me. Sorry to me-rail, but I actually just want to feel normal, I would never post about any of this on social media.

And the other stuff, it’s so so damaging to anyone suffering from or in recovery from an ED. I‘m trying to protect myself too. Recently I’ve been able to feel ok about my body regardless of anything, and it is so hard to keep that mindset when you see someone who claims to have had an ED, talk about sorry TW gaining weight as if it’s a bad thing.

We’re bombarded with that message everywhere, and it’s so tit when it comes up on an internet place you like chatting in. I don’t know how the hell I’ve managed to sometimes feel ok about myself, I’ve had EDs since I was 12, but I just want anyone struggling to know that it is possible. I don’t even know how, it’s definitely not all the time, but it feels like a miracle to even have that kind of progress.
Sorry this is so long and rambling.

Yep, Tunnel-Friend I'm finding the MT hard going today. She's just a horror, plus I have a LOT going on here. I'm enjoying everyone's dogs though!
So much ❤ to you MCM. The dogs are all so lovely, and it’s just so sweet that you get to enjoy them since you give us so much from Susan and the gang x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I posted this on the 'Share My Cat' thread but you guys might enjoy it too. Left is the portrait tattoo of my old girl Persia ('00-Oct '13) right is Susan (born Jan '14) on the first night in her new home. Freaky, huh?
7D894B80-A0E1-4B92-9562-7E0BDC846A6C.jpeg

• Heart
Sorry the MT is tough too MCM. That picture is uncanny though. Baby Su

@Sideboard Bob , thank you so much. What you have said hit the nail exactly on the head. It won’t be mended immediately and like you say, at times like this, even after a lovely day you can still have a cry/wobble.

I really wish I could come and give you all hug (SD of course).

Sorry for double post. Just to say, the foodie podcast I listen (the food chain) to has one out this week called the alternative Christmas which may be on interest to those of us who have done things a little differently this year.

Also, one just popped up that I haven’t seen called River Cafe Table 4 which has Nigella on. Ruth Roger’s basically talks to her customers about food memories.

Rogers not Roger’s. Grrr.

Tunnel dog to apologise.

F44EED6C-66D5-4211-8E2F-3D8E5EFA0DA4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Tunnel dog's hair just makes everything better!
Reminds me of the perms my mum used to get in the 80s.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just seen a preview for the latest Paul Thomas Anderson film called Licorice Pizza.

It had Life on Mars as the track behind the preview. Cinema is a no go at the moment but hopefully it will be on Netflix or something soon. It looks fabulous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So glad you and yours are all ok @EllaEm87 Love to you and everyone who works over Christmas, it’s too easy to take for granted that there’s people working all day and all year round. Maisie has such happy eyes!

How awesome is your mum!! She knows the score, I love that! Does she have an opinion on Matt’s forearms?! It’s so funny when tattle talk crosses over to real life. My one (pretty dull!) example is that I suddenly burst out laughing when Eamonn 🗿 Holmes came up in conversation. Luckily it was quite a giggly chat anyway so I didn’t need to explain anything!
she didnt have an opinion on mr forearms but i wouldnt trust her taste anyway, when he was running for mayor back in the day she admitted she fancied bojo so 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
she didnt have an opinion on mr forearms but i wouldnt trust her taste anyway, when he was running for mayor back in the day she admitted she fancied bojo so 😂
Was it the blond locks 🤪.

There must be something about him but I really have no idea what it is.

Edit- maybe he wins people over with his knowledge on the Elgin Marbles 😖.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yay, Tunnel Dog and smol Susan! Greetings from The Void who keeps eating my kitchen sponge.

the void.jpg

I'm trying very hard not to get too wound up over the MT. Interspersing the triggering/irresponsible nonsense with mutton dressed as lamb selfies is helping me remember she's just a giant wanker who shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yay, Tunnel Dog and smol Susan! Greetings from The Void who keeps eating my kitchen sponge.

View attachment 946237

I'm trying very hard not to get too wound up over the MT. Interspersing the triggering/irresponsible nonsense with mutton dressed as lamb selfies is helping me remember she's just a giant wanker who shouldn't be taken seriously.
Greetings The Void! You have both reminded me, I was chatting with someone the other day who got their cat the Pets At Home Cheeseboard toy! Did you end up emailing Pets At Home? My friend thinks the black part of the toy is a little wine bottle, so, mystery potentially solved?

Had these for dinner for the second time. Tasty.
I love Quorn, these look great!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just watched this if any one fancies an hour’s distraction from the MT! An interesting watch and funny to see how people act when money is involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hugs to the cable. It’s not been the Christmas I planned (suppose most people can say the same) as I was in hospital but out now and just trying to relax. MT is intense at the moment, and it’s like fecking Groundhog Day with Jack’s seemingly infinite inability to learn, reflect, or grow. Meh!

Although I’m not even 90% vegan or vegetarian, I do enjoy eating non meat products and those Quorn escalopes look delicious! Will see if I can add to my next shop 😊

• Heart
Hugs to the cable. It’s not been the Christmas I planned (suppose most people can say the same) as I was in hospital but out now and just trying to relax. MT is intense at the moment, and it’s like fecking Groundhog Day with Jack’s seemingly infinite inability to learn, reflect, or grow. Meh!

Although I’m not even 90% vegan or vegetarian, I do enjoy eating non meat products and those Quorn escalopes look delicious! Will see if I can add to my next shop 😊
Are you ok now? Did the GD test go ok? No pressure to comment if you don’t want to ❤.

Those Quorn things are scrummy…I think Quorn can be a bit hit and miss. The mince had a make over and was 🤢, but the sausage patties and nuggs are 😘. It is hard to find vegan things for both of us though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Are you ok now? Did the GD test go ok? No pressure to comment if you don’t want to ❤.

Those Quorn things are scrummy…I think Quorn can be a bit hit and miss. The mince had a make over and was 🤢, but the sausage patties and nuggs are 😘. It is hard to find vegan things for both of us though.
I got these Quorn fillets in as well. Easy to perk up in a sauce or put on a sandwich with trimmings.

Attachments

• Heart
How are you guys this evening?

Agree MT is a bit much. Suspect Jack will credit that AA comment to the threads and go on a trigger-y narc rampage so we have that to look forward to!

Have rediscovered the joy of custard tho (sorry vegan fraus) so about to microwave some to have with a minced pie! FANCY x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just saw this and thought of all of you.

A51DBE26-6402-4E7A-8823-FAFBCB7552B1.jpeg

How are you guys this evening?

Agree MT is a bit much. Suspect Jack will credit that AA comment to the threads and go on a trigger-y narc rampage so we have that to look forward to!

Have rediscovered the joy of custard tho (sorry vegan fraus) so about to microwave some to have with a minced pie! FANCY x
Birds original (in a tin) can be vegan with any dairy free milk ☺.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello you mithering ninnies and thankspaceyou for your support in the last few days. Today has been better, I was presented with a selection of my favourite fresh fruits this morning from the shops, and tomorrow’s dinner was being prepped earlier today. Although I’m still being asked unnecessary “open” questions 🙄 can’t have everything. Went for a nice drive today, nice for me to be out in the car seeing things.
Hope everyone else is ok, such a triggering time of year on so many levels and the MT which could just be renamed “trigger warning”.
Lovely to see baby Sue and Sideboard Void, Tunnel dog always looks so happy to be photographed! And Bernard had a dog by an Xmas tree?

Is it naff/boring/triggering to start a New Years ideas conversation? I actually couldn’t care less about resolutions I think they’re BS, but I do want to focus more on health and actively managing my activity/fatigue starting in Jan. I’m hoping to get a cleaner once a month, maybe once a fortnight? I was going by the theory that housework gets me up and moving around but it’s actually too much of a chore so I want to swap and try going out more, and cleaning less. I kind of look at my Fitbit stats and the like but I don’t actively manage activity so I’m going to try that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.