Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing is off topic here!

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  1. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  2. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Susan wishing everyone a wonderful festive season with her brand-new elf. The elf was kindly donated to the cats (along with some cat food) by the ladies at our local Uniting Church. They've been so good to me, I really hope I can repay their kindness one day.
4B82486E-20C4-4B9D-86D4-9CA39619A41D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Susan wishing everyone a wonderful festive season with her brand-new elf. The elf was kindly donated to the cats (along with some cat food) by the ladies at our local Uniting Church. They've been so good to me, I really hope I can repay their kindness one day. View attachment 934295
I love how Susan is cuddled up to the elf but also looking distinctly unimpressed - 'I like this but am also far too cool for it'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Susan wishing everyone a wonderful festive season with her brand-new elf. The elf was kindly donated to the cats (along with some cat food) by the ladies at our local Uniting Church. They've been so good to me, I really hope I can repay their kindness one day. View attachment 934295
Those paws. As if you dare touch the paw on offer.

Tunnel dog wishes everyone a happy time too (her pudding is her fave toy at this time). The stuff on her nose is yoghurt. She missed a bit at breakfast lick time.
B05BA488-D287-4AEB-AF95-02A24E1BB9AA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Those paws. As if you dare touch the paw on offer.

Tunnel dog wishes everyone a happy time too (her pudding is her fave toy at this time). The stuff on her nose is yoghurt. She missed a bit at breakfast lick time.
View attachment 934377
Oh, my! I want to boop that snoot!
My friend B is a photographer, she's been doing pet Santa shoots and sending me the best ones. I've been cry-laughing all week.

Reactions: 14
We’ll be having Turkey. 🔺 Without too much detail my mum was always gifted a premium Turkey so apart from the odd dalliance with beef Christmas is pretty much always Turkey. But apart from one year it’s normally always pretty good.

We’ll be having roasties, roast parsnips/carrots, sprouts, mashed parsnip, red cabbage and stuffing balls/Christmas chipolatas, gravy and copious amounts of batters (yorkies). Boxing Day is cold meats and freshly fried chips. We’ll have a really smol shop bought Christmas pudding as none of like it particularly but we love to light one as it was a tradition of my late grandad’s.

We have a local charity in the town who come round during December pulling Father Christmas on a sleigh. I grew up in a small village as a kid so this is an alien concept to me but I’ve really taken to it since we’ve moved here. Father Christmas had to stop his route earlier than expected when he was due down our road so we took the boys out on foot to track him down the other night - I wish I could share the pic I took of BabyBeds. He was so unimpressed by it all and his face said exactly that. Really made me laugh especially as Little Beds was so full of Christmas spirit.

His face was something like this - just picture it on a one year old 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I like opening a new thread and seeing Susan and Tunnel dog straight away ❤

We’re seeing my mum and Nan once I finish work Christmas Eve and then round the in laws for Christmas Day. We’ll be having turkey, ham and all the trimmings! I’m working all around Christmas as usual but for the first time in 11 years I don’t have to work on Christmas Day, I’m so excited to have the whole day!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I absolutely love cooking Christmas dinner. Genuinely standing in the kitchen with a glass of wine with my Santa hat on is one of my annual highlights.
PS. Geetdog says hi

63352999-A554-4C34-980D-BFAA28EBC97D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Anyone tried these? I ordered some but they were all out. I haven’t had a single mince pie or piece of stollen this year.
014DF9B5-9C22-4331-96A9-1522E9C5BAAE.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mr F forgot to get rolls in Tesco, so we called into Lidl on the way out of town and I have my first stollen bites of the season :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Mr F forgot to get rolls in Tesco, so we called into Lidl on the way out of town and I have my first stollen bites of the season :)
Marzipan is the food of the gods.

Apart from when you put it in hard dates and roll it in cocoa powder.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.