Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you guys this evening?

Agree MT is a bit much. Suspect Jack will credit that AA comment to the threads and go on a trigger-y narc rampage so we have that to look forward to!

Have rediscovered the joy of custard tho (sorry vegan fraus) so about to microwave some to have with a minced pie! FANCY x
I’m doing some embroidery in front of the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Just finished Death to 2021. I have mum guilt that Maisie hasn’t been out for walkies for nearly a week but she seems happy enough.

How are you? Custard, you say?! For some reason, I have not had that in years! When I can taste again, must try.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello you mithering ninnies and thankspaceyou for your support in the last few days. Today has been better, I was presented with a selection of my favourite fresh fruits this morning from the shops, and tomorrow’s dinner was being prepped earlier today. Although I’m still being asked unnecessary “open” questions 🙄 can’t have everything. Went for a nice drive today, nice for me to be out in the car seeing things.
Hope everyone else is ok, such a triggering time of year on so many levels and the MT which could just be renamed “trigger warning”.
Lovely to see baby Sue and Sideboard Void, Tunnel dog always looks so happy to be photographed! And Bernard had a dog by an Xmas tree?

Is it naff/boring/triggering to start a New Years ideas conversation? I actually couldn’t care less about resolutions I think they’re BS, but I do want to focus more on health and actively managing my activity/fatigue starting in Jan. I’m hoping to get a cleaner once a month, maybe once a fortnight? I was going by the theory that housework gets me up and moving around but it’s actually too much of a chore so I want to swap and try going out more, and cleaning less. I kind of look at my Fitbit stats and the like but I don’t actively manage activity so I’m going to try that.
That sounds like it would be worth a try. Especially if cleaning takes up most of your energy, plus cleaning places will probably have some sort of New Years offer on to see if it suits you.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello you mithering ninnies and thankspaceyou for your support in the last few days. Today has been better, I was presented with a selection of my favourite fresh fruits this morning from the shops, and tomorrow’s dinner was being prepped earlier today. Although I’m still being asked unnecessary “open” questions 🙄 can’t have everything. Went for a nice drive today, nice for me to be out in the car seeing things.
Hope everyone else is ok, such a triggering time of year on so many levels and the MT which could just be renamed “trigger warning”.
Lovely to see baby Sue and Sideboard Void, Tunnel dog always looks so happy to be photographed! And Bernard had a dog by an Xmas tree?

Is it naff/boring/triggering to start a New Years ideas conversation? I actually couldn’t care less about resolutions I think they’re BS, but I do want to focus more on health and actively managing my activity/fatigue starting in Jan. I’m hoping to get a cleaner once a month, maybe once a fortnight? I was going by the theory that housework gets me up and moving around but it’s actually too much of a chore so I want to swap and try going out more, and cleaning less. I kind of look at my Fitbit stats and the like but I don’t actively manage activity so I’m going to try that.
So glad things are going better ❤

#goals chat isn’t naff at all! Agree though going out into fresh air is really really good for you, don’t laugh at this but honestly Pokemon Go is great for this too?! Like you don’t need to love Pokémon to love that game, I’m obsessed and idk any of their names tbh. It’s good cos it gives you a reason to go out & extend your walk & build a habit of it & idk it’s a cosy familiar thing which is always nice!

On cleaner - also strongly recommend! If you want to physically do things you can always ask them to focus on the kitchen only if that’s ur least fav and then you vacuum? Also the top ups in between will keep you moving anyway?

I have goals for this year of my life rather than calendar year - want to get more confident driving again. I have a license and my own car but a mixture of things like getting unwell & not being able to drive, then pregnant, then a pandemic, worsened anxiety etc means I never drive it which is ridiculous. I used to be able to do legit tit like drive to the dump!! So gonna get top up lessons at some point. I wish I didn’t flop my goodreads challenge 2 years on the go but 😬 such is life. Maybe this year will be the one.

• Heart
Are you ok now? Did the GD test go ok? No pressure to comment if you don’t want to ❤.

Those Quorn things are scrummy…I think Quorn can be a bit hit and miss. The mince had a make over and was 🤢, but the sausage patties and nuggs are 😘. It is hard to find vegan things for both of us though.
Ahh thanks so much for remembering 😊Don’t have GD thankfully, just pyelonephritis which appeared a couple of months ago but returned with a vengeance this week, absolutely miserable! Fever and pain under control now so thankfully home with my son rampaging around with his Christmas presents and just so delighted to be surrounded by the usual chaos. Not convinced I’ll be making a reappearance at work before having to take maternity leave but will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I used to love the Quorn mince but the texture went weird a while back and I just stopped using it. Then again I loved Beanfeast as a poor uni student so probably not qualified to have an opinion on anything food related!

Definitely up for having a bit of a New Years Ideas conversation on here!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m doing some embroidery in front of the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Just finished Death to 2021. I have mum guilt that Maisie hasn’t been out for walkies for nearly a week but she seems happy enough.

How are you? Custard, you say?! For some reason, I have not had that in years! When I can taste again, must try.
Also have mum guilt over not going out but it’s been raining so badly it’s hard isn’t it. SAME re custard until I bought some for baby and omg it is amazing! I think I may have gone overboard on it this holiday season so will need a break lol

• Heart
Also have mum guilt over not going out but it’s been raining so badly it’s hard isn’t it. SAME re custard until I bought some for baby and omg it is amazing! I think I may have gone overboard on it this holiday season so will need a break lol
I had a huge mince pie earlier made by the Snapery Bakery who are in Bermondsey and wished I had some custard to put on it. Oatly do a good vegan custard. The Snapery sell to various shops on a wholesale basis. I highly recommend the Konditor Bakery mince pies too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I saw someone on that there tinterweb, lift the lid on a mince pie, put Stilton on top of the mincemeat, replace the lid and then warm the pie.

Just putting that out there.

• Sick
  • Wow
Ah yes, we’ve had almost constant rain here in the SW too. We don’t have a garden but luckily Maisie is trained to use the balcony. She sits by the door when she wants out. She’s a good girl.

My test was nearly negative yesterday but has gone to strong positive again today. Think my partner was doing a lot of viral shedding yesterday as his test was instantly positive and has given me back the virus. What fun! Track and trace say we still only have to do the ten days though.

I have zero appetite and barely any test (no smell at all) so nothing is really taking my fancy at the moment 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I saw someone on that there tinterweb, lift the lid on a mince pie, put Stilton on top of the mincemeat, replace the lid and then warm the pie.

I've heard this and I'm not sure....anyone want to try it and report back?!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
That sounds like it would be worth a try. Especially if cleaning takes up most of your energy, plus cleaning places will probably have some sort of New Years offer on to see if it suits you.
Totally agree, if you can afford it a cleaner is 100% worth the money, the main issue is just finding one who is good tbh, I had a really good one but she went back to her home country and have yet to find someone as good (and as good with the cats 😻) but getting back home to a lovely clean home is amazing 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I’ve heard this before and I want to try it but I’m worried it’ll ruin mince pies forever!

• Haha
I’ve heard this before and I want to try it but I’m worried it’ll ruin mince pies forever!
Fruit cake has often been served in Yorkshire with other cheese like Wensleydale or Cheddar in the past, so not so different. I’d break a bit off and try it that way first.

Spiced Jamaican bun is usually served with cheese and is a delicious flavour combination. I have heard of cheese being added to mince pies, but a mince pie with Stilton definitely sounds like something Jack would create. Sending love to the Covid frauen and anyone else who needs it today.

• Heart
That's what I thought it might be Sidey B! Does their cat like it? I thought it was generally a bit rubbish as a toy - it's a load of (literal) balls and what looks like a table tennis bat. If it looked like proper wedges of cheese that would be a different story.

Getting a cleaner sounds like a good idea if you have to prioritise how you spend your energy Hotes. Going out more would probably be more beneficial to your health overall, plus the nice feeling of having a clean house without having to do anything. I don't go in for new year's resolutions either. My PT gave all his clients a 2022 goal-setting notebook for Christmas and I got upset that I had nothing to write in it so I chucked it in the recycling (it wasn't a nice fancy one I could have regifted). Hopefully he's not going to ask if I'm using it but I don't think I can afford to keep training with him anyway so it's probably not going to be an issue.

• Heart
@Kebab girl is kebab cat a Russian Blue?
@MancBee sending you love. Yes you messed up but you know you did, you’re going through a lot. It’s a bit like comfort eating, except very expensive. Look after yourself.

• Heart
Like Hotes, I just wanted to send my thoughts to @MancBee here so it didn’t clog up the MT.

Thank you for being so honest, both in terms of your actions and in terms of your reactions towards them. I hope the next few days can be better ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.