Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hotes what's your address, we could send you Lion bars and some Space Raiders? There was an article on the BBC site about long COVID yesterday which I found interesting, not really knowing anything about it. Does it help if you give them things like that to read?

Speaking of Australians, Kath & Kim is on Netflix so I've been watching a few episodes in the evenings instead of the depressing documentaries I normally watch. Noice. Different. Unusual.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Hotes what's your address, we could send you Lion bars and some Space Raiders? There was an article on the BBC site about long COVID yesterday which I found interesting, not really knowing anything about it. Does it help if you give them things like that to read?

Speaking of Australians, Kath & Kim is on Netflix so I've been watching a few episodes in the evenings instead of the depressing documentaries I normally watch. Noice. Different. Unusual.
LOVE kath and Kim, my absolute favourite episode is katy’s wedding, the switch 😂 have you see. Summer heights high?

Reactions: 15
Hello! 👋🏻
Does anyone know what the website is that you can put ingredients in and they will generate recipes for you?

Or can you recommend what to do with leftover coconut milk and butternut squash?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello! 👋🏻
Does anyone know what the website is that you can put ingredients in and they will generate recipes for you?

Or can you recommend what to do with leftover coconut milk and butternut squash?
I would roast the squash then blend it into a thick soup, maybe with some kind of curry powder/spice ad ginger if you have

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello! 👋🏻

Bung in a Thai curry obvs

Thanks Traumy S, I think the issue I have is that everyone is very well educated and knows it all, so they know what’s best and would be horrified to think they were in any way not providing a high level of care and understanding, any dissent is a highly personal affront to the efforts being made 🙄 I have attempted to take control back and cooked for tonight with spare for tomorrow.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
we finally got our xmas dinner!

duck and all the trimmings!

i laid the table with the fancy tit. all the roast potatoes ljc could want. the pigs in blankets involved tiny venison sausages.

20211227_192639.jpg

hope everyone's coping ok. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hello! 👋🏻

add spinach, fried onion, fresh ginger, chili, spices, stock (and some red lentils if you like) to make a curry. Fresh lime juice.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Same, babe! Baby Beds (kind of no longer a baby but I’m stuck with that name for now given I’ve got a Little Beds too 😂) did this - as in the running (a fast paced toddle) off and laughing then playing peek a boo. Although we did get a bit of sensory overload as Little Beds was soooo excited (in the best way possible) so bedtime was a bit 🤪 for Baby Beds.

Today has been relatively chill by comparison building Duplo and Lego. We also watched Encanto which was really good - this might sound daft but it’s so visually vibrant too.
I love the legacy of the baby part of baby beds, I defs still call ours a baby despite her being huge now!

Omg duplo - best of luck to you I hope your arms are 6ft long and of 2cm circumference to get those bad boys out from under the sofa. My sister got baby some mega blocks (or is it blox? I’m not with them at the mo thank god) and baby loves wheeling them and putting one brick on the other (strategic builds not yet poss, obvs) but omg it must have over 50 parts it’s a huge set so I’ve put it in one of those zip baggies and to her bedroom it shall live until I forget how bad it is, then rinse and repeat that cycle for the rest of eternity.

Today was lovely though. The elevated peakaboo games are so funny, I go oh no where’s my baby/my [name] and she pops up from behind the sofa or curtain with such ✨drama✨ and a huge scream/laugh. Definitely at toddler-hood and it’s really funny,

I’ve seen that at the top of Disney+ and will try it thank you! We did Moana (sp?) the other day and I found it exactly the same, the island was beautiful then the under the sea stuff was mental?! I wonder if they’ll ever remake some of the older Pixar stuff as toy story 1 must be approaching 30 years old now? Not that I think you should mess w perfection but whatevs

Home alone for a few nights with just baby (I didn’t want to go to a family thing at all, we settled on 2 nights with me and baby staying in a hotel, I’m v lucky my MIL is both an angel and comedian it’s not her lol not that she’ll read this and be offended but people always assume it’s them don’t they, so I’d feel bad for misrepresenting her!) so about to get my wasabi microwave meal on and peruse the left over cheeses.

Has anyone had any FANCY cheeses this Christmas they’d recommend? Love a fruity cheese as a Christmas thing but I only ever get cranberry but there may be a whole world of fruits to discover?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Feel better for having a big cry earlier, general consensus was that something must have happened before I entered the room (as opposed to the banging rave, and shouting of questions in the damn room I entered!). Honestly it’s not rocket science I can’t talk stop asking me for complex information
I’ve made a timetable of things for the next week, faces have been pulled but it seems to have been accepted. In a few days I’ll be left alone for long periods when work resumes, that will help too.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I love the legacy of the baby part of baby beds, I defs still call ours a baby despite her being huge now!

Omg duplo - best of luck to you I hope your arms are 6ft long and of 2cm circumference to get those bad boys out from under the sofa. My sister got baby some mega blocks (or is it blox? I’m not with them at the mo thank god) and baby loves wheeling them and putting one brick on the other (strategic builds not yet poss, obvs) but omg it must have over 50 parts it’s a huge set so I’ve put it in one of those zip baggies and to her bedroom it shall live until I forget how bad it is, then rinse and repeat that cycle for the rest of eternity.

Today was lovely though. The elevated peakaboo games are so funny, I go oh no where’s my baby/my [name] and she pops up from behind the sofa or curtain with such ✨drama✨ and a huge scream/laugh. Definitely at toddler-hood and it’s really funny,

I’ve seen that at the top of Disney+ and will try it thank you! We did Moana (sp?) the other day and I found it exactly the same, the island was beautiful then the under the sea stuff was mental?! I wonder if they’ll ever remake some of the older Pixar stuff as toy story 1 must be approaching 30 years old now? Not that I think you should mess w perfection but whatevs

Home alone for a few nights with just baby (I didn’t want to go to a family thing at all, we settled on 2 nights with me and baby staying in a hotel, I’m v lucky my MIL is both an angel and comedian it’s not her lol not that she’ll read this and be offended but people always assume it’s them don’t they, so I’d feel bad for misrepresenting her!) so about to get my wasabi microwave meal on and peruse the left over cheeses.

Has anyone had any FANCY cheeses this Christmas they’d recommend? Love a fruity cheese as a Christmas thing but I only ever get cranberry but there may be a whole world of fruits to discover?
Apricot

• Heart
Reactions: 10
totally random but wanted to tell the cabal. i am at my parents now and i came in to the kitcheb where my mum was watching saturday kitchen yday, i ended up explaining to her about the whole daily kitchen mess, showed her a few clips, she found it hilarious. her comment was just "i always found jm annoying" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I absolutely love cooking Christmas dinner. Genuinely standing in the kitchen with a glass of wine with my Santa hat on is one of my annual highlights.
PS. Geetdog says hi

View attachment 935476
What a 😍

Maisie enjoyed her first Christmas, even if it wasn’t the one we planned. Both me and my partner are cream crackered but ok (relief as I’m actually CEV, unlike Monroe!) SATs have maintained but had some scary tachycardia of +150bmp!

We had chicken and ham for Christmas dinner, mother dropped an emergency shop over which was basically roast bits with some pigs in blankets. I woke up with anosmia on Christmas Day, not even the Lush smellies broke that curse, and a reduced taste so could only really taste the ham!

Just catching up on all your posts and sending lots of love to you all 🥰♥

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What a 😍

Maisie enjoyed her first Christmas, even if it wasn’t the one we planned. Both me and my partner are cream crackered but ok (relief as I’m actually CEV, unlike Monroe!) SATs have maintained but had some scary tachycardia of +150bmp!

We had chicken and ham for Christmas dinner, mother dropped an emergency shop over which was basically roast bits with some pigs in blankets. I woke up with anosmia on Christmas Day, not even the Lush smellies broke that curse, and a reduced taste so could only really taste the ham!

So glad you and yours are all ok @EllaEm87 Love to you and everyone who works over Christmas, it’s too easy to take for granted that there’s people working all day and all year round. Maisie has such happy eyes!

totally random but wanted to tell the cabal. i am at my parents now and i came in to the kitcheb where my mum was watching saturday kitchen yday, i ended up explaining to her about the whole daily kitchen mess, showed her a few clips, she found it hilarious. her comment was just "i always found jm annoying" 😂
How awesome is your mum!! She knows the score, I love that! Does she have an opinion on Matt’s forearms?! It’s so funny when tattle talk crosses over to real life. My one (pretty dull!) example is that I suddenly burst out laughing when Eamonn 🗿 Holmes came up in conversation. Luckily it was quite a giggly chat anyway so I didn’t need to explain anything!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So glad you and yours are all ok @EllaEm87 Love to you and everyone who works over Christmas, it’s too easy to take for granted that there’s people working all day and all year round. Maisie has such happy eyes!

How awesome is your mum!! She knows the score, I love that! Does she have an opinion on Matt’s forearms?! It’s so funny when tattle talk crosses over to real life. My one (pretty dull!) example is that I suddenly burst out laughing when Eamonn 🗿 Holmes came up in conversation. Luckily it was quite a giggly chat anyway so I didn’t need to explain anything!
Thank you! Sadly not working, got covid-ed on Christmas Eve Eve- though that’s good going for nearly 2 years of frontline pandemic working, so I’ll take it. Second time round for my partner, he’s fine and dandy, just feels like a breathless cold to us both.

Hope you had a good Christmas time sideboard!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you! Sadly not working, got covid-ed on Christmas Eve Eve- though that’s good going for nearly 2 years of frontline pandemic working, so I’ll take it. Second time round for my partner, he’s fine and dandy, just feels like a breathless cold to us both.

Hope you had a good Christmas time sideboard!
It’s amazing, thank feck it’s not too bad for you both. I still salute you for working (and studying, right?) though all this. I feel like even though the pandemic is still ongoing, the last few days there’s been a lot of taking in how crazy the last couple of years have been.
For example - I saw someone recently who I’d not seen in two years, and the conversation just picked up again like only two weeks had passed, it was like “well!”.. “yeah”… “ still can’t believe everyone bought all that toilet roll”… “what WAS that about?!”.

I did thank you, I got to see my loved ones, it was nice and chilled, and even had a chaos free train journey!

• Heart
It’s amazing, thank feck it’s not too bad for you both. I still salute you for working (and studying, right?) though all this. I feel like even though the pandemic is still ongoing, the last few days there’s been a lot of taking in how crazy the last couple of years have been.
For example - I saw someone recently who I’d not seen in two years, and the conversation just picked up again like only two weeks had passed, it was like “well!”.. “yeah”… “ still can’t believe everyone bought all that toilet roll”… “what WAS that about?!”.

I did thank you, I got to see my loved ones, it was nice and chilled, and even had a chaos free train journey!
Yep, into the final stretch on the studying- finish in the summer.

It’s been a mad couple of years, eh? I count myself very luck I’ve been able to go out to work as normal (bar the masks and the virus) but the fatigue is now real and I’ll be glad for normality again, when it comes. I’ve lived in fear of the virus but now I’ve had it and been extremely lucky to be ok, I know others haven’t, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. So lucky. Double jabbed but not boosted (my own fault, I didn’t want to be poorly from it and miss placement hours) but will be out to get it as soon as able.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What a 😍

Sorry you were poorly over Christmas, being with Maisie definitely made up for it though I imagine!

In awe of anyone who works frontline over Christmas. We did up to the 23rd one year and the kids were climbing the walls-literally. Word search central 😉.

Watched A Very British Scandal and still fuming. I know it is was a different era, but the way the Duchess was treated while he essentially got away with everything was horrendous. Stomped around the house for a while.

Glad you had a nice break Sidey B and Hotes, hoping things improve this week as things normalise and you get a break.

Is anyone finding the MT a bit tough? Feeling she is being deliberately like this and it isn’t easy at this time of year.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yep, Tunnel-Friend I'm finding the MT hard going today. She's just a horror, plus I have a LOT going on here. I'm enjoying everyone's dogs though!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.