Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's starting to feel quite Christmassy here, first really hot day in a long time and I heard Last Christmas playing when I was at the shop.
34D06979-5510-4F23-A5C7-8BE041936BF0.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Guys what are the best alternative to Le Crueset pots and pans? I’m sure I’ve seen that on here before ?
Netherton Iron Foundery are very fashionable and covetable, also reassuringly expensive (and even have a waiting list) if you want something rugged and cast iron but with no enamel. If you want the enamel Sainsburys has a surprisingly good small range at about half the price of Le Creuset - have had mine for around four years and have no complaints!
1639405879485.png

Netherton Iron Foundery are very fashionable and covetable, also reassuringly expensive (and even have a waiting list) if you want something rugged and cast iron but with no enamel. If you want the enamel Sainsburys has a surprisingly good small range at about half the price of Le Creuset - have had mine for around four years and have no complaints!
1639405879485.png
(Yes, quoting myself like a dick!) I was in the market for replacing original le creuset pan which I'd had for at least 25+ years because I forgot about some prunes I was literally simmering in tea (but not lapsang) and it turns out that burnt on prunes are tougher than enamel.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I absolutely love my Le Creuset casserole dish but fancied a shallow one so have ordered one from Aldi as I’ve heard great things. Hasn’t arrived yet for me to compare, though! They have deeper ones too: https://www.aldi.co.uk/blue-cast-iron-casserole-dish-26cm/p/712867544909900
Thank you for that !! Just ordered a couple, the 30cm and 26cm deeper one. I have the most beautiful Sophie Conran dish, but I knocked the glass lid off the side yesterday and it smashed ! Anyway can get a new lid but it’s got me on the look for new dishes now.
@jordishaw omg those Netherton Iron Foundry ones are beautiful… the tagine dish is stunning. Expensive though but something to save for !!

Hello Frauen! It's been a long time since I've posted, so forgive me for jumping straight in to me-rail mode...

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share any advice with me? There's a chap at my workplace who is my age and I think I have grown to like him just a little more than a little bit (squee!) The only problem is I feel like I keep on getting mixed messages. A general example is that, when we are in a group, he's quite chatty with the others but always seems a bit awkward/shy or as if he's holding back around me (I've been at the company longer than him) but we have good banter when we are alone together. It was our work's Christmas party the other day and we left the venue at the same time. He walked a few paces with me, hugged me quite tightly, and then told me it was lovely to see me and asked me to text him when I was home. Despite all this, it seems like he doesn't want to make a move. What could this mean? Is it worth the effort? Now that Boris has ordered work from home again I don't quite know what to do.

Reactions: 10
Hello Frauen! It's been a long time since I've posted, so forgive me for jumping straight in to me-rail mode...

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share any advice with me? There's a chap at my workplace who is my age and I think I have grown to like him just a little more than a little bit (squee!) The only problem is I feel like I keep on getting mixed messages. A general example is that, when we are in a group, he's quite chatty with the others but always seems a bit awkward/shy or as if he's holding back around me (I've been at the company longer than him) but we have good banter when we are alone together. It was our work's Christmas party the other day and we left the venue at the same time. He walked a few paces with me, hugged me quite tightly, and then told me it was lovely to see me and asked me to text him when I was home. Despite all this, it seems like he doesn't want to make a move. What could this mean? Is it worth the effort? Now that Boris has ordered work from home again I don't quite know what to do.
I would take the initiative and make the first move. I was in a kind of similar situation and I ended up asking him out and he became a boyfriend (now ex but whatever) we spoke about it later, as in why he hadn't done anything, and he just said he wasn;t sure I liked him. I would just suggest going for a drink or coffee and see what he says, worst case scenario he says no

Reactions: 15
There are too many sad cat posts on the MT so I was looking on Pets At Home to see if there were any new toys I could get my cat even though she has a huge tub full of them. If anyone can guess what this is supposed to be I will be astonished.

mystery toy.png

a catnip and crinkle cheeseboard?? I realise it's been many years since I had a cheeseboard but wtf is that black and red thing? Answers on a beige postcard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There are too many sad cat posts on the MT so I was looking on Pets At Home to see if there were any new toys I could get my cat even though she has a huge tub full of them. If anyone can guess what this is supposed to be I will be astonished.

View attachment 922807
a catnip and crinkle cheeseboard?? I realise it's been many years since I had a cheeseboard but wtf is that black and red thing? Answers on a beige postcard.
Looks more like one of those fish shaped soya sauce bottles you get with prepackaged sushi than cheese?

I would take the initiative and make the first move. I was in a kind of similar situation and I ended up asking him out and he became a boyfriend (now ex but whatever) we spoke about it later, as in why he hadn't done anything, and he just said he wasn;t sure I liked him. I would just suggest going for a drink or coffee and see what he says, worst case scenario he says no
It must be so hard to date in lockdowns / wfh mandates / everything going on now. Do you chat much over text? The Christmas break could be a god send as it’s a natural break to have more normal non work chats, and if he’s responsive on there you can feel safer asking to do something social?

Reactions: 9

As you have his number I would start a text conversation with him that's non work related and see where it goes. Is it a work phone? If it is I would send him your personal number and say that you are not going to be looking at your work 'phone over Christmas so if he wants to contact you to do it on your personal 'phone. That in itself is an invitation!

I think in general though people are wary of going out with someone from work, so it might be that he likes you but wants to keep his home and work life separate. Could this be the case?

It sounds really promising though! Please do post back here so its not just me posting about relationship woes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sainsbury’s have cast iron saucepans. Look exactly the same quality as Le Cruset.
Can vouch for the Sainsbury's ones, I have a couple. I did notice in Lidl on Sunday they have some beautiful red cast iron pots in! A few different shapes and sizes too.

Screenshot_20211214-082210.png

• Heart

View attachment 922807
A duck

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.