Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Home and Away and Neighbours, remember it being the first time I'd ever really got to watch 'saucy' bits on TV too, and being like -

Home and away especially I loved, so many Izard storylines like plane crashes etcšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@VeeJayBee Gap online appears to have another sale going on. Donā€™t think itā€™s as good as the last one though.

Reactions: 6
@HotesTilaire I fear that I am on that Facebook group too. Its so funny. If someone asks why there are fireworks going off on a random Wednesday night they get really funny replies about it being for the reopening of Chris's Chippy. Someone posted that they seen a food delivery truck outside and people were driving past to see if it was true. šŸ”ŗ I have just driven past and its closed so we went to Steves.

The man I am seeing is working in America and was due to fly back on Monday to work in their Manchester office before he went home for Christmas. Now that everyone is home working again he is flying back to London instead. We had plans for me to collect him from the airport and for him to stay with me for a night and then I was going to stay with him in his hotel in Manchester and go to a FANCY restaurant., I don't know when I am going to see him again and its starting to feel pointless. I am torn as I really like him and while he has been away we have been on different time zones but still texted a lot and talked. He is lovely - what should I do? Can someone please insert the 'who bleeping knows' thingie here for me?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
@HotesTilaire I fear that I am on that Facebook group too. Its so funny. If someone asks why there are fireworks going off on a random Wednesday night they get really funny replies about it being for the reopening of Chris's Chippy. Someone posted that they seen a food delivery truck outside and people were driving past to see if it was true. šŸ”ŗ I have just driven past and its closed so we went to Steves.

The man I am seeing is working in America and was due to fly back on Monday to work in their Manchester office before he went home for Christmas. Now that everyone is home working again he is flying back to London instead. We had plans for me to collect him from the airport and for him to stay with me for a night and then I was going to stay with him in his hotel in Manchester and go to a FANCY restaurant., I don't know when I am going to see him again and its starting to feel pointless. I am torn as I really like him and while he has been away we have been on different time zones but still texted a lot and talked. He is lovely - what should I do? Can someone please insert the 'who bleeping knows' thingie here for me?
I donā€™t know what you should do. I am so sorry Covid etc is still getting in the way of life.

Here are are my Stitch slippers (which I got in the charity shop today) to cheer you up ā¤ā¤.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Have you had any conversations about what both of you want? Would it be something youā€™d feel comfortable bringing up or not?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I mean going to Steveā€™s answers both questions as far as I can see. Steveā€™s does scollops, and tahini I think.
The latest scandal I heard of was an elf who didnā€™t have a DBS? Although who knows, there seems to be a clear divide between people (possibly not local in some cases) taking things literally and massive wind up merchants (local for sure) in that group.

I think this end of the year is tough, you were going to have a ā€œtreatā€ before the Xmas break, now itā€™s all break and no focal point for a meet up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Into_the_tunnel your footwear made me smile, thank (space) you.

@HotesTilaire and @heretoreaditall2019 we have not talked about anything in the future. Meeting him has been so unexpected but also so uncomplicated. We have until now just made it work as we are both busy but also made time for one another. I think I will accept we cant see one another until January. Sorry for the me-rail.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

@HotesTilaire and @heretoreaditall2019 we have not talked about anything in the future. Meeting him has been so unexpected but also so uncomplicated. We have until now just made it work as we are both busy but also made time for one another. I think I will accept we cant see one another until January. Sorry for the me-rail.
Would that make it less stressful if you just knew it wouldnā€™t be until then- if the uncertainty was taken away? Or has there always been a slight element of uncertainty built in?

Sorry if this the wrong thing to say. It must be so hard navigating distance, covid regs, jobs, travel etc and now your separate Christmas arrangements.

Having a chat seems like the best thing so come January you both feel the same. ā¤

(This feels fraudulent giving out relationship advice- I have none. I would just hand over Tunnel dog and let her make you feel smushy for a bit)

• Heart
Would that make it less stressful if you just knew it wouldnā€™t be until then- if the uncertainty was taken away? Or has there always been a slight element of uncertainty built in?

Sorry if this the wrong thing to say. It must be so hard navigating distance, covid regs, jobs, travel etc and now your separate Christmas arrangements.

Having a chat seems like the best thing so come January you both feel the same. ā¤

(This feels fraudulent giving out relationship advice- I have none. I would just hand over Tunnel dog and let her make you feel smushy for a bit)
Not fraudulent at all, nodded along to it all you said it perfectly! ā˜ŗ Agree uncertainty never feels nice, definitely worth a chat to see what you both think about everything so you at least know where you stand / what your options are?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Youā€™re not me-railing, itā€˜s something thatā€™s so necessary to think through. I donā€™t have any advice but I really feel for you, especially since it sounds like you really, really like him, in a way that must make it all harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you so much TS!!! Iā€™d only just figured out how to add links like that so Iā€™d been missing that button!
Testing it out with a link to slopbot

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks all. I have woken up in a better head space today. The thing is there has never been a need to talk about things as he always had something in diary with me, is attentive and generous and so it felt right without having to say that it did. We just got on with having a good time. I will concentrate on having a great Christmas with my little family and see what January brings. In truth I want a relationship and I cant see this working long term or without heartache as he lives so far away.

I do appreciate all of your replies. You don't have to be a relationship guru to give advice on the subject, everyone here is so nice and level headed that its great for me to have all of your perspectives to challenge what's really going on in my head. I was married for such a long time and never really dated much beforehand so I am like a middle aged teenager when it comes to men.

Have a good Sunday all. I am cooking a roast dinner then heading out to a National Trust place for a walk, no doubt with two moaning kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am making this soup right now. Itā€™s from the Food.com site. Potato, carrot, onion and I added celery. Itā€™s called Potato and Carrot Soup.
13D63423-EECB-42E2-847E-E8066203F1EE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm currently at work but finish early enough to do something with chicken. Not sure yet, I don't fancy roast dinner , still no taste cos of Covid . I might see what culinary delights jump out at me in sainsbury's. I might get a cook in bag sauce thing

• Heart
Great idea! Yes, it was! Carrot, onion and celery is a triumvirate of soup ingredients. šŸ˜‹
Sounds perfect to me, exactly what is needed on a pretty miserable winterā€™s day (well, it certainly is here at least!). Hopefully Mx Dr Dr Monroe will take a leaf from your book and realise that sometimes, the fewer ingredients the better. Particularly if fish is not involved!

• Haha
Art imitating life! I always knew Susan was way too good for him! Side note, my cat isn't named after the Neighbours actor-lady. She's named after Susan Boyle when she turns up as a boil on Leela's bum in Futurama.
My brain just had a what? moment I thought Susan Boyle off Britainā€™s Got Talent had been on Futurama šŸ¤£.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.