Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure Sidey B! I had a quick google and it doesn't seem we do.
I hardly watch TV now I've found Tattle, haha. I love all the British shows like Come Dine With Me and the murder mystery stuff. I grew up on BBC shows as we only had four channels when I was a kid and one was almost all UK programs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hardly watch TV now I've found Tattle, haha. I love all the British shows like Come Dine With Me and the murder mystery stuff. I grew up on BBC shows as we only had four channels when I was a kid and one was almost all UK programs.
Four in a bed, the natural progression of CDWM!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m the same, I’m so out of the loop with current tv! I know the UK and Australia are like “cousins” but it still blows my mind that random shows from here are known internationally. Mind you we went nuts for Neighbours and Home And Away!

Putting this behind a spoiler because omg, I feel like saying this is up there with “what were your favourite sweets as a kid?”.
But I’ve just remembered that back in the day, Scott and Charlene’s wedding seemed like SUCH a big deal! I think it’s maybe because I was like 5 or 6 when it happened, but also because it was a decade of big weddings. I remember my family all gathered around the tv to watch it as if it was a royal wedding 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Four in a bed, the natural progression of CDWM!!!
I watch that when it's on as well!

I’m the same, I’m so out of the loop with current tv! I know the UK and Australia are like “cousins” but it still blows my mind that random shows from here are known internationally. Mind you we went nuts for Neighbours and Home And Away!

Putting this behind a spoiler because omg, I feel like saying this is up there with “what were your favourite sweets as a kid?”.
But I’ve just remembered that back in the day, Scott and Charlene’s wedding seemed like SUCH a big deal! I think it’s maybe because I was like 5 or 6 when it happened, but also because it was a decade of big weddings. I remember my family all gathered around the tv to watch it as if it was a royal wedding 🤣
Oh, man I remember that so well. Iirc I was living in my first flat with my bestie and we, being the big bad metal chicks we were, had a bit of a cry then chopped up an onion before our boyfriends came over so they wouldn't know we cried over Neighbours. Lol, I'm going to text my friend now and ask if she remembers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
80s Neighbours was amazing, on at lunchtime and again at tea time so if you were off school you could watch it twice. And the thrill of someone going to Aus and coming back with all the info as we were about 18 months behind! Like OmG is Paul still at Lassiters and how is Des scoping without Daphne 🤣

• Haha
When my husband was a young idiot he chased Toadie down Chapel Street which is a trendy/posh area full of cafes and boutiques. It was in Toadie's mullet days. I feel bad but I did laugh when he told me. Poor Toadfish.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wasn’t allowed to watch either so I had to watch them at my friend’s house. When it was the wedding, I think we orchestrated a week long stopover 🤣.

I had a major crush on Susan. She was 😘.

Edit- toadfish. Those were the days.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wasn’t allowed to watch either so I had to watch them at my friend’s house. When it was the wedding, I think we orchestrated a week long stopover 🤣.

Karl is in a band and when they were on tour in the UK a friend of a friend went back to his hotel...she was really proud of it as well!!

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Karl is in a band and when they were on tour in the UK a friend of a friend went back to his hotel...she was really proud of it as well!!
omg i was about to say this, he toured my uni in the mid 2000s and slept with someone who was 18/19 :oops:

• Wow
  • Sick
omg i was about to say this, he toured my uni in the mid 2000s and slept with someone who was 18/19 :oops:
Art imitating life! I always knew Susan was way too good for him! Side note, my cat isn't named after the Neighbours actor-lady. She's named after Susan Boyle when she turns up as a boil on Leela's bum in Futurama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

See, it really WAS a big deal! I love the subterfuge that went on, was it worth it though??
Charlene’s dress is now on display in a museum. I kind of love it, it was so 80s but such a pretty dress. https://www.tmag.tas.gov.au/whats_o...oved_tmag_collection_item_featured_in_tv_week

No one I know has slept with Karl from Neighbours, I’m such a dag 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Art imitating life! I always knew Susan was way too good for him! Side note, my cat isn't named after the Neighbours actor-lady. She's named after Susan Boyle when she turns up as a boil on Leela's bum in Futurama.
hadn't even made the connection but thanks for clarifying :ROFLMAO: I wasn't old enough to watch the iconic 1980s wedding, but my idea of it is just this

• Haha
Reactions: 11
hadn't even made the connection but thanks for clarifying :ROFLMAO: I wasn't old enough to watch the iconic 1980s wedding, but my idea of it is just this
Ah, classic episode! I need a Kath and Kim binge soon.
ETA I'm a gropeable hornbag.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember when Kylie was in the film “the delinquents”?

We all were obsessed because it was peak perm time.

Obviously it was rubbish but I was too young TGAS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Kylie in Kath and Kim was just perfect! I love that she gets the humour, her “look at moy” sounds so natural. You don’t need to watch the original wedding, this sums it up! 🤣

Does anyone remember when Kylie was in the film “the delinquents”?

We all were obsessed because it was peak perm time.

Obviously it was rubbish but I was too young TGAS.
Yes! I never saw the film but I remember the posters, it looked so glamorous and dramatic.
Looking back, I guess it was part of the 50s revival that happened in the 80s (there was also things like Madonna’s True Blue, Back To The Future, Peggy Sue Got Married). I just find it so funny because the 80s “aesthetic“ was so strong there was no way anyone could recreate 1950s looks without bits of the 80s still showing up.

• Heart
Kylie being a superstar and being on K&K just goes to show how well respected and loved Jane, Gina and Magda (Kath, Kim and Sharon) are.
She -Kylie- would have grown up watching them on D-Generation, Fast Forward, Big Girls Blouse and all the other comedy shows they were a part of so I imagine it was a big, lovely fan-girl fest when they filmed that episode.

• Heart
I loved Home and Away and Neighbours, remember it being the first time I'd ever really got to watch 'saucy' bits on TV too, and being like -

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.