Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone is ok. Indulgent evening with Ep 8 of succession and started Yellowjackets.

The latter is really good with a great 90s soundtrack (on Spotify), Christina Ricci and Juliette Lewis. The next two land tomorrow but something else Big (😉) is on tomorrow too so I am a bit torn 🤣🤣🤣.

Today happened so moving on to tomorrow 🥰.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks for the warm thoughts. It was a Reception class, they were busy playing (or “learning through experience “, as it’s now called), chatting and practicing for the Christmas concert.
Were you at my son’s school?! This sounds like what he did today (and his teacher is off sick)! Though I appreciate it’s likely to be the case in a high number of schools re: practicing for school concerts etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Were you at my son’s school?! This sounds like what he did today (and his teacher is off sick)! Though I appreciate it’s likely to be the case in a high number of schools re: practicing for school concerts etc.
Not unless you live in S Wales?

Reactions: 1
Not unless you live in S Wales?
Alas no. His teacher is off sick since last week - he was told last week he’d have another teacher this week so presuming it’s covid? But the school haven’t told us when there’s been a case - however I don’t know if they’re obliged to or if responsibility is with track and trace? 🔺 A TA in his class had it a few weeks back but the only parent who was told was that of a child who has a weakened immune system.

Sorry this has now become a general covid ramble.

Going back to the point about lockdowns - think HTRIA mentioned it a few pages ago but do we think it will happen again or just a more general work from home mandate? The whole No.10 lockdown flouting Christmas party news has made me a bit angsty about Covid - not sure if it’s just anger at their arrogance in the footage released and/or just resurfaced lockdown stress from that time? God I bleeping hate Covid.

ETA: Sorry there was no real point to my rambling. OT I had Boston beans with pork belly for dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Into_the_tunnel how did the hospital appointment go? Hope now you have that out of the way you can tackle the other issues that you mentioned.
I think in regard of the cluster headaches if you can explain that sometimes you just want to talk about what is happening to you it will be a help as you know that its something you have to come to terms with and learn to live with; its your reality. For the other issue its worth looking at other resources to find a way to get through the festive season with a promise to yourself to address it in the new year? Also the MT might not be helping as there is lots of that kind of chat on there.

We are all home working at the moment and my house is freezing. I am so unproductive because I am cold. I was on the sofa with a blanket yesterday but it all feels so unprofessional so I am unproductive as a result.

@EddieBeds I am the same, I feel a quiet rage inside me as I am frightened again and the uncertainty is horrible. Working from home makes me really lonely at times. Doesn't help that I have to work with some of the people who were at the alleged effing party.

To keep it on topic I love the M&S Christmas sandwiches.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
general work from home mandate?
The front page of the Telegraph today or yesterday spoke to the WFH mandate, obvs don’t read it just saw the cover floating around on Twitter.

Work have cancelled the Christmas party which I’m glad for but also not surprised as they’ve been brilliant about the pandemic/my flexible working/being generally lovely. But it’s another thing that makes me think we should be worrying about what’s to come - obvs not statistically significant but starting to see a LOT of people with it on Insta stories which hasn’t been the case since the last peak.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Into_the_tunnel how did the hospital appointment go? Hope now you have that out of the way you can tackle the other issues that you mentioned.
I think in regard of the cluster headaches if you can explain that sometimes you just want to talk about what is happening to you it will be a help as you know that its something you have to come to terms with and learn to live with; its your reality. For the other issue its worth looking at other resources to find a way to get through the festive season with a promise to yourself to address it in the new year? Also the MT might not be helping as there is lots of that kind of chat on there.

We are all home working at the moment and my house is freezing. I am so unproductive because I am cold. I was on the sofa with a blanket yesterday but it all feels so unprofessional so I am unproductive as a result.

@EddieBeds I am the same, I feel a quiet rage inside me as I am frightened again and the uncertainty is horrible. Working from home makes me really lonely at times. Doesn't help that I have to work with some of the people who were at the alleged effing party.

To keep it on topic I love the M&S Christmas sandwiches.
Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Working from home was rubbish in so many ways. Mrs T really struggled with the teaching aspect but also knowing what some of the kids were going through. I really hope we don’t go back there for everyone’s sake.

Yesterday went well. The consultant didn’t try too hard with the examination so in the end it didn’t happen. At the moment I can alter my pill but if I need the coil then I can have a GA. All in hand I think 🙂.

I had a big talk with Mrs T about the clusters and the food. She feels really guilty she cannot help with the former and that is the problem I think. In terms of the food, it will be slow. I told her bluntly that I count everything I eat in my head and that is ruling my life. In terms of the MT, sometimes I am on it (and follow JM) because it is triggering if that makes sense. I know that sounds messed up and it is but that is all part of the issue that needs to be solved.

Thsnk you for getting to the end of that!

I love the sandwiches too. Some of them are ££££. The vegan plant kitchen one last year was 😘. My parents came to visit and I bought them the Colin cupcakes. My mother is all over them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ever since the end of the last lockdown I've had daily anxiety about another one and it feels inevitable at this point. The whole situation is quite clearly not under control and making masks mandatory again isn't going to work if none of the major supermarkets are willing to enforce it. Although I don't work I can understand why working from home is difficult as I've found the same thing with exercise. I've got an entire gym set-up crammed into my one bed flat but it's so much harder to find motivation even though everything I need is right there. Sorry to bring the gloom. To balance it out, it's the return of the Christmas sloth. Just call me motivational mama (not really, please don't).

motivational ts.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ever since the end of the last lockdown I've had daily anxiety about another one and it feels inevitable at this point. The whole situation is quite clearly not under control and making masks mandatory again isn't going to work if none of the major supermarkets are willing to enforce it. Although I don't work I can understand why working from home is difficult as I've found the same thing with exercise. I've got an entire gym set-up crammed into my one bed flat but it's so much harder to find motivation even though everything I need is right there. Sorry to bring the gloom. To balance it out, it's the return of the Christmas sloth. Just call me motivational mama (not really, please don't).

View attachment 912816
yeah I feel the same, I think they will just end up doing what they always do and wait to long to go into a lockdown, watching the briefing now is very depressing.
I almost bought gym equipment earlier this year, judging by all of the ads in my neighbourhood groups of people selling it I am glad I didn't 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

View attachment 912816
You’re not bringing out the gloom at all it’s all true & what’s happening sadly. So well said re supermarket enforcement, it’s not fair to make supermarket (or train, or shop, or wherever!) staff enforce it the government need to come up with an actual means of enforcing it!

We were fully expecting another cancelled Christmas, so I moved my sister’s train tickets to come down ASAP which is arguably trash selfish behaviour but thankfully not illegal as of yet? 😬 This is a sixth form take on things as adhering to rules is for the greater good and protecting the most vulnerable (aka most important people!!) but it’s so crushing that we all have endured so many losses and all the while those in gov just do whatever the duck they want to? Even Rita Ora ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We just got into the swing of things working together in the office and now this.. but its ok, we can just go to the pub together instead 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I've had to go into the office all through *everything* although I'm working compressed hours and it's a bleeping revelation (tue-fri 0730-1720)

it's all just so stupid, isn't it? first lockdown should have happened much sooner and continued longer and none of this horrible uncertainty would have happened.

just a pity about this horrendous government and ineffectual opposition

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I must say I’ve timed this late pregnancy thing just fantastically 😩 not sure whether we’ll have any available support once B-day arrives!

• Heart
Up to a 5.5

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Me update - saw an actual doctor yesterday, I now have bronchitis. No antibiotics though ☹.
We are still supposed to be wearing masks in shops and trains in Wales. Lots of people don’t bother, there is no enforcement.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m getting my booster today, there’s a reasonable chance it will make me more ill, thoughts and prayers please. I’ll be stopping in to the shop to buy a large supply of bakery goods to see me through this difficult time.

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m getting my booster today, there’s a reasonable chance it will make me more ill, thoughts and prayers please. I’ll be stopping in to the shop to buy a large supply of bakery goods to see me through this difficult time.
Do you have Cooplands where you are? Non vegan but they have 😘items.

V old school. They sell things called peach Melbas (which I discovered are not the proper peach melbas but very odd things that 👀 rude). Personally I would go with their bakewells.

Of course you may have no idea what a Cooplands is.

Good luck with the booster.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.