Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Into_the_tunnel I have promised myself one more episode if I do the ironing!

I am sure we will be ok over Christmas. I try not to worry, as I have other stuff to worry about! I am the baby of the family but the emotionally responsible one so a lot falls to me. I have become the default 'mum' of the family and so I have christmas here with all my siblings and their partners and then I have to pick up/drop off the aunties (who say they dont want to come, or dont want to be a burden so I spend ages persuading them as I know they want to come really!).

Whats everyone elses plans for the festive season?

I posted above before I seen your reply. That's good that you are in a better situation with the husband. Sorry to hear about the health issues. Is there a way you can get a place of your own in the state you live in in the new year? I promise you it gets easier - just hang in there. I had to take one day at a time when still lived with my ex. I would count it a victory to get through each 24 hour period. Once you live apart then you can start healing properly.
Thanks for your supportive words, they really mean so much! I'm hoping my health will improve with new physio and possible surgery, I really hate moving so I think it would be less stressful to stay where I am for now.
I really want to live with my step dad, he's been asking me to move in with him since my mum passed away. I'm originally from South Australia so moving there will be like going home, I have lots of friends in Adelaide and I've been wanting to get out of Victoria for a year or two.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry, bit of a me rail but I have been offered the job I went for. I nearly cried when I got the call. Honestly, I have had such a tough year with separating and getting divorced and my self esteem is at rock bottom. I am so happy. The job will really make a difference to peoples lives who have a disadvantage. I would love to tell you what its is but 🔺. I just hope I can do it justice.
Aah that’s amazing I’m so happy for you congratulations ❤

The ladies have been in the fields behind our holiday cottage for a couple of weeks, working their way through some longer grass and thoroughly enjoying it. Checked on them last night as usual, all fine. Went down this morning to finish cleaning ready for today's guests, first thing I saw was one lady on her back with all four legs in the air. Sadly I was too late and she'd gone. Without going into grim detail, the most likely reason is pneumonia - the weather has been abysmal and when they get wet and then dry off slowly the damp gets into their lungs (it's why you should never, ever bring wet sheep into an enclosed space, you'll probably kill off a load of them).

So rest in peace ewe number 34. Not one of the tamer ones, but still a good ewe who looked after her lamb well and did me proud. Because we're such a remote part of the mainland, on-farm burial is permitted here, so Mr F and I dug a big hole at the bottom of the field and buried her - and yes, I did cry - then put stones over the top which will hopefully stop the foxes coming down off the hill and scavenging. I'll check in the morning and add more stones if it looks like they've had a go, because the last thing I want is the guests' dogs smelling her and digging her up.

The ladies have been moved to a new field as if/when the foxes come down I'd rather they were out of the way. They're all a bit subdued too.
I’m so sorry @Falkor r.i.p Ewe number 34 ❤

@Universal Im doing ok. I can't move until next year, I've had a few health setbacks and the way our system is set up I have to stay in my state to access the proper healthcare without having to pay an arm and a leg! My husband's been a bit more reasonable lately so that's been a relief.
Hope your health improves soon @MaineCoonMama ❤.
Good to hear your husband is being a bit more reasonable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This is the infamous Blue Lake near my old man's house. There's also a pink lake on the road out of town and a gorgeous sinkhole which has been turned into sunken gardens used for weddings. My mum's memorial stone is also there so I can visit her for chats. This is the actual colour of the lake, photos don't do it justice.
8A51901A-6A97-4BC7-8334-64EF7E303BA3.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
This is the infamous Blue Lake near my old man's house. There's also a pink lake on the road out of town and a gorgeous sinkhole which has been turned into sunken gardens used for weddings. My mum's memorial stone is also there so I can visit her for chats. This is the actual colour of the lake, photos don't do it justice. View attachment 906723
Oh wow how beautiful

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is the infamous Blue Lake near my old man's house. There's also a pink lake on the road out of town and a gorgeous sinkhole which has been turned into sunken gardens used for weddings. My mum's memorial stone is also there so I can visit her for chats. This is the actual colour of the lake, photos don't do it justice. View attachment 906723
can you take one of the pink lake?! I am intrigued!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
@emm This is the pink lake in South Australia, image from google as I'm 800ks away at the moment. There's a better one in Perth that's a salt lake.
651467D6-3624-457B-9733-E184F2D42C12.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. what os ot that makes it pink?!
I think it's algae? As far as I know you can't swim in it. I've only ever driven past as it's in between two towns in the middle of nowhere.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it's algae? As far as I know you can't swim in it. I've only ever driven past as it's in between two towns in the middle of nowhere.
:ROFLMAO: wow amazing! I assume in the next few years (when travel is allowed) it will be full of people swimming htere for instragram though)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@MaineCoonMama what a beautiful place for your mums memorial stone. It must be so comforting to be able to visit (when you can).

I have been thinking about you today. I had a lovely older male friend prop me up during the dark times of my divorce. Have you got anyone close who can support you? Its times like this I wish we could message one another.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
gorge lakes, mcm. ❤

obv not as lovely as oz, but there's a "Blue Lagoon" near where my dad and stepmum live

it's mainly frequented by teenagers smoking weed and regular reminders have to be issued to dissuade people from diving in as it's toxic because it used to be a quarry

here's a nice photo though (that I stole from reddit because it's too damn difficult to scroll back to find my own pic)

Screenshot_20211205-211040_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@emm This is the pink lake in South Australia, image from google as I'm 800ks away at the moment. There's a better one in Perth that's a salt lake. View attachment 907194
That is so lovely. It looks so unreal next to the blue sky.

Sending hugs to all those going through life changes at the moment. We have all been through so much upheaval, the added stress of life stuff is often a lot to deal with.

• Heart
Those lakes are stunning. The river I live near is just full of murky weeds, shopping trolleys and those bikes and electric scooters you can hire. A few weeks ago I walked past and there was a pair of trainers floating along so obviously it had been recently visited by Kate Bush.

While I'm worrying about having contaminated my COVID test kit by not sanitising my hands properly or getting my test kit mixed up with someone else's, here's Sideboard Cat behaving very reasonably and sending her love to the cabal. She did karate kick me in the throat earlier but that wasn't her fault (I picked her up and accidentally kicked something over which made her panic).

20211205_152807.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@MaineCoonMama what a beautiful place for your mums memorial stone. It must be so comforting to be able to visit (when you can).

I have been thinking about you today. I had a lovely older male friend prop me up during the dark times of my divorce. Have you got anyone close who can support you? Its times like this I wish we could message one another.
I have you guys! Hehe. I have my best friend B, we've been friends since we were 16. We've been through most of our lives together and she's been my absolute rock the last few months. My other bestie lives in Sweden now but she's been great as well for advice and making me laugh. I'm also very close to my brother and his wife, even though they live way up in the top end of the Northern Territory they've always looked after me.
I can't forget Pooh and Susan, sometimes the best support comes from the ones who just offer a gentle paw on the arm and a giant butt in the face.

• Heart
Those lakes are stunning. The river I live near is just full of murky weeds, shopping trolleys and those bikes and electric scooters you can hire. A few weeks ago I walked past and there was a pair of trainers floating along so obviously it had been recently visited by Kate Bush.

While I'm worrying about having contaminated my COVID test kit by not sanitising my hands properly or getting my test kit mixed up with someone else's, here's Sideboard Cat behaving very reasonably and sending her love to the cabal. She did karate kick me in the throat earlier but that wasn't her fault (I picked her up and accidentally kicked something over which made her panic).

View attachment 907050
she is so pretty! look at her little white patch!

give her a big kiss from me 😘

I'm such a softie when it comes to cats. we only don't have one because we're on the 2nd floor

• Heart

View attachment 907050
How are you feeling other than the worry? I would hope the kits are pretty robust and unless you’d been touching covid ridden surfaces then done it your hands won’t have caused any PCR chaoses 🤞 x

Can I just have a mini moan? I have spoilered it because it is long and listed.

1. My cluster headaches are back which they always are at this time of year (2 years ago were the worst ever and initiated the end of everything).Mrs T and my parents still think they can be fixed, which they can’t so I lie and don’t tell them they are this bad.

2. I am really trying with the food stuff I know with Christmas looming it will be hard and seeing triggery Mx trigger doesn’t help. I have been secretly using MFP again, was found out and 💥

3. Tomorrow I am going to hospital again
to try and sort out a year of period stuff. Huge anxiety over being weighed, maybe colposcopy mark 2 etc.

Sorry for all this. On top, the uni where I live is involved in another crisis showing it to be not in touch with current issues. The university dominates the city and the students don’t feel safe.

Tunnel dog says hello though .

5AF2CDB0-C3E7-4A9A-B3BA-E917AF67629C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Can I just have a mini moan? I have spoilered it because it is long and listed.

1. My cluster headaches are back which they always are at this time of year (2 years ago were the worst ever and initiated the end of everything).Mrs T and my parents still think they can be fixed, which they can’t so I lie and don’t tell them they are this bad.

2. I am really trying with the food stuff I know with Christmas looming it will be hard and seeing triggery Mx trigger doesn’t help. I have been secretly using MFP again, was found out and 💥

3. Tomorrow I am going to hospital again
to try and sort out a year of period stuff. Huge anxiety over being weighed, maybe colposcopy mark 2 etc.

Sorry for all this. On top, the uni where I live is involved in another crisis showing it to be not in touch with current issues. The university dominates the city and the students don’t feel safe.

Tunnel dog says hello though .

View attachment 908294
So cute and don’t apologise for the moan - you have a lot going on ❤.

1. I have zero experience of cluster headaches - do what you need to do to get through them. I’m sure Mrs Tunnel and your family mean well but doesn’t make it any less frustrating for you when you’ve clearly explored all avenues to resolve them.

2. Really sorry I don’t have much experience of this but do you have any safe mechanisms in place to help? (Really appreciate that given the time of year we’re in even with some really robust mechanisms everything is just so in your face isn’t it?). That’s not a critique of MFP as I don’t know much about it and it could be for you that is something that helps even if it worries others?

3. Re: Gynae stuff - I have no idea how good your hospital is but if you outline your concerns at the start of the appointment they might be receptive/be able to do things to help? I always have this nervous verbal diarrhoea at the start of appointments where I (in very British fashion) apologise for the fact I find XYZ very hard/triggering - most are receptive and then take things at a slower pace or at least are aware why I’m holding my breath throughout. I hope it goes as smoothly as it can for you tomorrow. We’ll be here afterwards and maybe we can summon a JM chaos a la Candyman to distract (maybe see if we can start counting something - bits of tinsel?).

Please feel free to ignore the above also - and apologies if I’ve said anything wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@heretoreaditall2019 I hadn't even touched anything other than the insides of my coat pockets on the way there 😐 Last night I was starting to convince myself that I felt unwell but thankfully I am COVID-free and not patient zero of the epsilon variant. I'll have to put the scent rehabilitation kipper in the freezer, unless someone wants me to post it to them?

@kachoochoo my flat is on the second floor as well, if you're prepared to give lots of attention and constantly trip over toys then cats are chill indoors. The catbal must grow!

@Into_the_tunnel Tunnel Dog in her little coat 😭 with all that going on you are perfectly entitled to a moan, it sounds like a very difficult set of circumstances all occurring at once. Tomorrow will be stressful but hopefully that will be the start to getting at least one thing sorted out and if we're lucky, we'll be able to do some slop slagging when you get back.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.