Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Response
Sorry I don’t have any real experience or advice but it seems you’ve got headaches, period stuff and struggling with eating. That’s quite a lot especially when other people aren’t supportive, could you speak to a counsellor? Might be worth getting a place to offload (and there’s us lot here if the MT is triggering) it doesn’t sound like you’ve got all the support you need (hardly a day goes by someone doesn’t “blame” me some how for not doing enough/doing too much to “fight” my fatigue, it’s not actually entirely my fault it’s a medical problem but yeah....that’s hard to deal with)

ETA- I have a hospital book. I write down what am want to say and any relevant background before I go (in my case I can’t actually talk sometimes) having it all in one book, prepped, helps. I can write down what they tell me too.

@heretoreaditall2019 I hadn't even touched anything other than the insides of my coat pockets on the way there 😐 Last night I was starting to convince myself that I felt unwell but thankfully I am COVID-free and not patient zero of the epsilon variant. I'll have to put the scent rehabilitation kipper in the freezer, unless someone wants me to post it to them?

Glad to hear you’re ok traumy S, is that the pocket slopbot lives in? Is HE the ultimate covid prevention???

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So cute and don’t apologise for the moan - you have a lot going on ❀.

1. I have zero experience of cluster headaches - do what you need to do to get through them. I’m sure Mrs Tunnel and your family mean well but doesn’t make it any less frustrating for you when you’ve clearly explored all avenues to resolve them.

2. Really sorry I don’t have much experience of this but do you have any safe mechanisms in place to help? (Really appreciate that given the time of year we’re in even with some really robust mechanisms everything is just so in your face isn’t it?). That’s not a critique of MFP as I don’t know much about it and it could be for you that is something that helps even if it worries others?

3. Re: Gynae stuff - I have no idea how good your hospital is but if you outline your concerns at the start of the appointment they might be receptive/be able to do things to help? I always have this nervous verbal diarrhoea at the start of appointments where I (in very British fashion) apologise for the fact I find XYZ very hard/triggering - most are receptive and then take things at a slower pace or at least are aware why I’m holding my breath throughout. I hope it goes as smoothly as it can for you tomorrow. We’ll be here afterwards and maybe we can summon a JM chaos a la Candyman to distract (maybe see if we can start counting something - bits of tinsel?).

Please feel free to ignore the above also - and apologies if I’ve said anything wrong.
Thank you so much for taking time to reply and for everyone being tolerant. Looking at it on screen it does seem a lot !

Get through tomorrow and then work on 2) I think.

Can’t do anything about 1) so just hang in there!!!

I love this place ❀

Response
Sorry I don’t have any real experience or advice but it seems you’ve got headaches, period stuff and struggling with eating. That’s quite a lot especially when other people aren’t supportive, could you speak to a counsellor? Might be worth getting a place to offload (and there’s us lot here if the MT is triggering) it doesn’t sound like you’ve got all the support you need (hardly a day goes by someone doesn’t “blame” me some how for not doing enough/doing too much to “fight” my fatigue, it’s not actually entirely my fault it’s a medical problem but yeah....that’s hard to deal with)

ETA- I have a hospital book. I write down what am want to say and any relevant background before I go (in my case I can’t actually talk sometimes) having it all in one book, prepped, helps. I can write down what they tell me too.
The book sounds really good- I going with notes tomorrow.

I know they mean well but with things like headaches and fatigue, I know it is so hard to understand what others are going through.

If the food thing doesn’t improve soon, I am going to see someone. I think the issue is , I have a background in Psychology so think I know it all, which I obviously don’t.

Thank you so much ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you so much for taking time to reply and for everyone being tolerant. Looking at it on screen it does seem a lot !

Get through tomorrow and then work on 2) I think.

Can’t do anything about 1) so just hang in there!!!

I love this place ❀
I don;t think it "looks like a lot" (without sounding patronising!) it IS a lot, from the outside it is just much more obvious how much it is, I think especially women we are basically taught to downplay things, especially health related things and then also in the midst of it you don't see it clearly anyway. No advice as such (sorry) but just wishing you the best ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pleased you’ve got a negative result @traumatised sideboard your cat is gorgeous đŸ–€.
Good luck with everything @Into_the_tunnel hope you get everything sorted and please don’t ever apologise you’re more than entitled to have a moan. Please tell Tunnel Dog she looks fab in her little coat.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sirloin Steak
I roasted some garlic and added that to boiled rice with some butter. . Roasted vegetables and added chilli to the roasted peppers

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm making a vegetable stirfry with ginger, garlic and a bit of chilli oil then having some frozen dumplings I got in the Asian supermarket near me, first world problem but it is now raining and pitch black outside and I have realised I have no soy sauce 😭

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It has taken 2 hours, plus being wrapped in a fleecy blanket to warm up. Another day of supply teaching in a freezing cold classroom. I know it needs to be done, but it was đŸ„¶

• Heart
  • Sad
It has taken 2 hours, plus being wrapped in a fleecy blanket to warm up. Another day of supply teaching in a freezing cold classroom. I know it needs to be done, but it was đŸ„¶
Why so cold ? Doesn't the school have heating? Its flippin boiling when I do cover work in a particular school

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Why so cold ? Doesn't the school have heating? Its flippin boiling when I do cover work in a particular school
do they have to leave windows open now? I know other people who do in their schools

do they have to leave windows open now? I know other people who do in their schools
Well they're supposed to for ventilation and covid but the children complain and the staff dont like the cold . The majority of the time they'll be closed
Even in the dinner hall in the summer I opened the doors , the children complained especially if there was a slight breeze , we were all baking and one particular child exaggerated teeth chattering and refused to eat as he was so cold , we had to close them.

• Wow
  • Sad
So happy you are covid free Sidey T
 it must be a real weight off your mind
 it is mad we are still in this so long after the first cases.

@Readingismyhobby, sorry about your coldness in the classroom. students just don’t cope with the cold do they? Can you take a warm drink with you?

Last edited:
I'm making a vegetable stirfry with ginger, garlic and a bit of chilli oil then having some frozen dumplings I got in the Asian supermarket near me, first world problem but it is now raining and pitch black outside and I have realised I have no soy sauce 😭
All sauce is interchangeable, apple 🍎?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So happy you are covid free Sidey T
 it must be a real weight off your mind
 it is mad we are still in this so long after the first cases.

@Readingismyhobby, sorry about your coldness in the classroom. students just don’t cope with the cold do they? Can you take a warm drink with you?
Good idea, but have to wear a mask. Had coffee at lunch time.

Reactions: 6
They don’t get away with that in my area!
Hope today wasn’t as cold for you. Although looking at the weather outside, I don’t hold out much hope.

Being really cold can stop you (and the students) being able to think clearly and write properly. I completely understand the issues surrounding ventilation but when it is this cold outside, it would be interesting to see what the ambient temperature is is in the classrooms (the heating broke in mine once and I had to use the Bunsens to get it above 9).

Sending warm thoughts.

Reactions: 8
Hope today wasn’t as cold for you. Although looking at the weather outside, I don’t hold out much hope.

Being really cold can stop you (and the students) being able to think clearly and write properly. I completely understand the issues surrounding ventilation but when it is this cold outside, it would be interesting to see what the ambient temperature is is in the classrooms (the heating broke in mine once and I had to use the Bunsens to get it above 9)

Sending warm thoughts.
Thanks for the warm thoughts. It was a Reception class, they were busy playing (or “learning through experience “, as it’s now called), chatting and practicing for the Christmas concert.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.