Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Hello! Popping in to show off my snow pic. Sort of in keeping with the MT, this is Aberdeen Grammar School in the snow. Not sure who finished 8 out of
100 people or if anyone stole a scalpel...We had a “fair dump” of snow which is quite unusual. This looks pretty - me almost going arse over tit in our carpark - not pretty ❄❄❄
637B9583-992E-48A8-912C-CDF880A7BCC2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Falkor

VIP Member
It is flipping freezing out there. The ladies are all back in one field opposite the sheep pens where they'll be scanned tomorrow, much happy baaaing from April and co when they realised it was their sisters coming down the road :) Waiting to see if Loppy, Nibbles and 406 turn up with the flock they've settled near or whether I'll have to go and grab them separately- they don't need a scan, but I might as well dose everybody for worms and liver fluke next week while I've got them in, so they'll need to be done at the same time.

Hoping desperately this isn't a massive anticlimax tomorrow with none of them in lamb because the little Shetland didn't manage to tup them properly! Fingers crossed. Scanner should be here around midday and we have at least 300 sheep to work through, not sure where in the order I am though.

20210207_102700.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
How can he be on furlough when he doesn't have HANDS? 😜

I loved that video! Look at them go! I could honestly look at/read your sheep posts all day!

@Alansbigplate sorry I've been too shy to tag you but we hope you're ok, give the black dog a good right jab on the nose from us if he's being a dick, take care x

Can't offer a gift suggestion but so sorry to hear about your father in law @LittleMissMuffet I know it must be even harder at the moment given current circumstances. Keep us posted, and all the best to you, your partner and your families 💕
Thank you for thinking of me - I was doing a Jack and searching my own name after I noticed my guest appearance in Lenny’s avatar 😂 dog is more a little snappy brown one lately but the Christmassy one wore me right out. I hope everyone is doing ok, sorry I’ve not been around much head is in the sand a little bit just to get through this winter x

• Heart

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
On a lighter note, after the mental day we’ve had over on the MT, here’s a picture of the dinner Mr Aquamarina cooked me the other night. Cajun pork chops and savoy cabbage with garlic, chilli and chorizo. I was slightly suspicious when he picked up Alphabites (or the Tesco equivalent the other day.) It was purely for the comedy value of presenting me with this...

View attachment 385918

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Universal

Chatty Member
I seriously love how this chat goes from Russian politics to coils to sheep then to fried chicken.

Anyone know @Alansbigplate behind the scenes? Hope all is ok. I know that I am a loon for worrying about Alan of the famous face swap who I have never met but dear fraus I do.

The Little Green Roasting Tin is a book of total joy. Thanks to all who recommended.

He remains thoughtful, funny, lovely and kind. We do have to try so hard to see one another with our crazy jobs and childcare. However we both had the opportunity for two whole days off this week together (mine is the calm before the storm as you all know I work for a Govt Dept and there is a budget next week 🔺 ). Well, to echo the MT I had a persistent redness on my face and had assumed Rosacea, spent ages googling and was about to book a Dr appointment when I realised it was beard rash! Reader, I am 50

• Heart
  • Haha
as I know so many of you loved that window view website I thought you would appreciate this city guessing game - people film themselves walking through cities all over the world and you have to guess where they are. Wonderful escapism and also dangerously addictive!

Omg this is perfect for my v weird husband who watches YouTube videos of someone walking through his town of origin, thank you! It’s bizarre but it sucks you in, she does them at night too and we’ll sit there feeling nervous as she goes through a creepy park or a church graveyard in the pitch black 😳 As if she’d ever be able to upload her own murder?!

Turns out my face rash is shingles and I’ve missed the window medicine is effective but am taking it anyway (it’s awful and causes major nausea!!). 2021 managing to fare worse than 2020 in just 2 months 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Oh dear @Bumbear Down Dog was the one I tried! They have five or six options for voices and they're all awful. I ended up doing some exercise this morning even though I asked Dr. Google how long you should wait after COVID to return to regular exercise and the answer was ten days after symptoms have gone. It hasn't even been ten days since I got symptoms, I just couldn't take it anymore, I've been getting such bad cramps in my hips and hamstrings from sitting down all the time.

Also my cat is being a passive-aggressive ratbag. I never normally sit on the sofa and neither does she but after I laid on it last week, every day since she's been sleeping slap-bang in the middle of the sofa so I can't lay on it without having to move her which she knows I won't do. I don't want to turn this into a photo journal of my boring cat but look at this face, she knows what she's doing.

absolute gremlin.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

SoulRebel

VIP Member
I hope that everyone is OK, the MT is quite exhausting right now. I've spent some time over the past few weeks updating our food and drink kitchen. It was fine before, but dull, and I still hate the work tops but voila after a few cans of spray paint. It hasn't improved my cooking but this evening we had some chicken from a local farmer with mixed vegetables and an absolutely glorious sauce made with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and honey.

Attachments

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
I've just given my mum ANOTHER lecture about going to the shops (the same one I've been giving her since last March). I think people got complacent at exactly the wrong time, but it's hard to keep things up for SO LONG. Anyway, point being my mum told me it would be another year of this and I was trying to cheer her up by saying 'just a few more months' but she's right, as always. If I can get through the next few months without her catching it I'll be so happy but she can't seem to stay away from the local Sainsbos.
Oh God, mine's the same. 'I popped round to take Liz some magazines and we had a socially distanced coffee in her garden.' 'Mum, you're not supposed to do that.' 'It's supporting the elderly, darling, that's allowed.' 'Mum, Liz is 70 and you're 81.' She's taking it a bit more seriously this time, thankfully.

I'm knackered after three hours walking on the hill with 5kg of sheep food in a rucksack. Saw a lot of other people's sheep, but mine had parked themselves right at the end of a peninsula and even if I'd had enough daylight (and energy!) to get to them, it was really too windy to do it safely, I didn't fancy plummeting 200ft down a cliff.

Nice views though.

View attachment 385796

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Falkor

VIP Member
Hello strangers :)

They'd come back inland a bit - I found two as I came over the top of the second hill and one bellow of LAAAAADIIIIEEEEEEES brought another 10.

20210119_132746.jpg

Despite much shouting, April and two others were nowhere in earshot. I'm hoping they've just wandered half a mile further up to the old clearance village, where the grass is richer, but they may have gone off with one of the two other flocks that graze this bit of the commons. Does feel a bit like wandering around a Lord of the Rings film here sometimes.

20210119_132831.jpg

Anyway, dumped out my rucksack for them, walked home, threw a couple of scoops of feed into a bucket and set off in the other direction to find Nibbles, Loppy and 406, who'd been seen by a neighbour at the fence at the top of her field this morning, but they'd wandered off again and despite walking half the fence line calling for them, they weren't in earshot. I'll try earlier in the day tomorrow.

20210119_133136.jpg

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Look what I got in my window swap! Couldn't be more perfect for me 😭😭
ETA extremely cropped photo so it would upload!

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 11.51.35.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Please don't worry, everyone - if I'm dicking about on the MT I'm alright and I am definitely still feeling much better physically although I look like I sleep at night in a coffin of earth from Transylvania. The boredom is severely setting in now and my back hurts from spending so much time sitting down. Also it snowed today and I've been waiting WEEKS for it to snow, now I can't even set foot outside my front door because it opens directly onto a shared walkway 😤 I'm writing a DM on Twitter to the weather itself, I'm not happy.

Honestly, thank you so much to all of you for the concern and for the reassurance that the existential terror is actually normal @HotesTilaire! I've been very fortunate to have had such a turbochaos happen (and therefore a lot of comments to hoot at) while I've been in isolation.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
My teen has graced me with her presence today. The kids are hilarious in the group chats in lessons, or the bits she reads to me anyway. For some reason my favourite today was the kid in art GCSE who informed the teacher that their work was 'Well sick'. Then the teacher showed someone else's that was amazing and he deadpanned 'Nah, mate, mine's still my favourite'.

I have discovered during lockdown that I have no friends who will check in with me. It's gutting, but there we are. However, in order not the focus on the bad things, I will balance that with the news that our old and wrecked car somehow scraped through its MOT today so lives to fight another day.

Also, possibly more importantly, MrF's house went on the market last week and we currently have 4 offers for it. Decisions, decisions.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
They are not hanging about
Which is less good when they're buggering off in the opposite direction to the one you want them to go in! Thankfully after a couple of years of being bucket trained they're quite cooperative these days. I do have a sheepdog, but it's much calmer and nicer for them to be moved with a bucket, so mostly that's what we do. They'll get much stroppier once they've got lambs on the ground and that's when I may need some help from Jack, but for now he's on furlough and enjoying it.

jack sofa.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Falkor

VIP Member
That was quicker than I thought. Please to report that we're expecting 10 sets of twins and 4 single lambs. One lady, the one covered in green like the Incredible Hulk, is not in lamb. I suspect she was, because she was tupped in the first 24 hours and not returned to when I changed colour to red, but it must not have been viable. Delighted with the result anyway, and looking forward to seeing if we get some pretty colours when they start arriving at the end of April.

• Heart
Reactions: 30