Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello. Never going to catch up here, it takes forever to keep up with the MT at the moment as daughter keeps hogging my phone (downside to being that mean mother who won't let her have her own one just yet!)

Hope everyone is ok, and softy soft gentle squishes to those who aren't

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@traumatised sideboard thinking of you today, I know you were worried about feeling better in case you got the "second wave" of symptoms so do pop on here if you feel up to it - even if just to let us know you're ok 💕

I wish we could drop you off some tea and biscuits or something! hope you're ok, it's always good to hear from you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@traumatised sideboard ru OK hun? Your friends here send you well wishes and hope you get well soon.
Sending those virtual, autism friendly ghost hugs your way!

btw it's 26 hours since I had the vaccine and so far I just have a (very) sore arm but I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the "hope it doesn't make me autistic!" line so totally worth it.
Plus the immunity thing, that's an upside.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@Pocahontas that is a shifty gremlin face if ever I did see one, I love ❤

@Into_the_tunnel I've had that one too! It was not very nice but unbelievably the cauliflower aspect was actually the least objectionable part.

@PunkyMonkey, @heretoreaditall2019 and @Switchstreetz thank you, dear hearts! I made the mistake of looking up COVID timelines and freaked myself out by people saying they felt much better at the one week mark only to regress: it's day six today and I woke up feeling worryingly good. This is the first day I've felt frustrated at not being able to go outside. Nobody open the spoiler unless you want to read a load of self-pitying drivel.

I was already struggling mentally before I became riddled with COVID, I haven't had any support from anyone since the pandemic started. What JM doesn't realise is that if you are #ActuallyAutistic you quite often get turned away from mental health services because they admit they don't know what to do with you so now I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. I got very morbid in bed last night and was thinking about how horrible dying from COVID would be and how if I did die, nobody would know about it because I'm shut in here all alone until next Wednesday. I did say it was morbid 😂 It doesn't help that I haven't had any nicotine in over 24 hours and I'm ready to start climbing the walls but I did bring that one upon myself.

Sorry everyone, I don't want to turn this thread into a pity party for one. I would like to see more Soviet-era ephemera! I have a set of books about Russian criminal tattoos that I find fascinating. So many dicks, really an alarming number of penises.
Sending lots of love and support. If its not to weird to say I'm worried about you and will worry if you dont post. You contribute so much lovely, funny and insightful comments that I look forward to reading. I always learn from your perspective. I was asked for my 'next of kin' a few weeks ago and cried as I dont really have one. I have one sister who never, ever answers her phone so had to put my friend who I have only known a couple of years.
Remember its the pandemic and covid thats bringing these thoughts. I prescribe mindless cooking programmes (they always bring me comfort) x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Please don't worry, everyone - if I'm dicking about on the MT I'm alright and I am definitely still feeling much better physically although I look like I sleep at night in a coffin of earth from Transylvania. The boredom is severely setting in now and my back hurts from spending so much time sitting down. Also it snowed today and I've been waiting WEEKS for it to snow, now I can't even set foot outside my front door because it opens directly onto a shared walkway 😤 I'm writing a DM on Twitter to the weather itself, I'm not happy.

Honestly, thank you so much to all of you for the concern and for the reassurance that the existential terror is actually normal @HotesTilaire! I've been very fortunate to have had such a turbochaos happen (and therefore a lot of comments to hoot at) while I've been in isolation.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Please don't worry, everyone - if I'm dicking about on the MT I'm alright and I am definitely still feeling much better physically although I look like I sleep at night in a coffin of earth from Transylvania. The boredom is severely setting in now and my back hurts from spending so much time sitting down. Also it snowed today and I've been waiting WEEKS for it to snow, now I can't even set foot outside my front door because it opens directly onto a shared walkway 😤 I'm writing a DM on Twitter to the weather itself, I'm not happy.

Honestly, thank you so much to all of you for the concern and for the reassurance that the existential terror is actually normal @HotesTilaire! I've been very fortunate to have had such a turbochaos happen (and therefore a lot of comments to hoot at) while I've been in isolation.
So glad you are feeling better. I would prescribe any thread other than the MT today to get you on the road to recovery.

Do you want some of our snow? Had it for a week or so now and it can do one. Students have compacted it into ice due to sledging (COVID safe? Who the duck knows anymore?) in the street so it is like taking your life in your hands to make an essential trip to buy snacks dairy free milk and bread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sending those virtual, autism friendly ghost hugs your way!

btw it's 26 hours since I had the vaccine and so far I just have a (very) sore arm but I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the "hope it doesn't make me autistic!" line so totally worth it.
Plus the immunity thing, that's an upside.
You might feel a bit out of it, I’m a day or two ahead of you and feeling fairly chipper today, but still tired AF and a bit achey. It’s mad isn’t it?!

@traumatised sideboard glad to see you ❤ They say if you’re getting bored you’re getting better, so hopefully that’s true!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You might feel a bit out of it, I’m a day or two ahead of you and feeling fairly chipper today, but still tired AF and a bit achey. It’s mad isn’t it?!

@traumatised sideboard glad to see you ❤ They say if you’re getting bored you’re getting better, so hopefully that’s true!
Ooh thanks, I'm the first person I know to have had it and like duck am I going to Google anything I'm feeling 🤣 it's good to have someone report back!

Sending lots of love and support. If its not to weird to say I'm worried about you and will worry if you dont post. You contribute so much lovely, funny and insightful comments that I look forward to reading. I always learn from your perspective. I was asked for my 'next of kin' a few weeks ago and cried as I dont really have one. I have one sister who never, ever answers her phone so had to put my friend who I have only known a couple of years.
Remember its the pandemic and covid thats bringing these thoughts. I prescribe mindless cooking programmes (they always bring me comfort) x
I had that exact situation myself with the next of kin, I'd started taking the "husband" thing for granted and filling in my vaccination form yesterday I just stared at it feeling like an abject failure, then I remembered that I'm the NoK contact for about eight of my friends because life is just messier than preprinted forms!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember having a car accident a few years ago, and whilst in the ambulance they asked me who to contact, and I admit to feeling upset when I had to tell them nobody.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Hugs all round. I was suddenly hit by a major wave of loneliness this week. It can lead to some very dark thoughts...I realised how bad I was feeling last night and tried to be a bit more proactive today (more time outside in the sun, and the discovery of the ultimate comfort blanket...8 seasons of Murder, She Wrote on Amazon Prime).

There's only so much I can do to help myself at the moment - restrictions mean I can't visit friends in other towns, and can't meet new people in social activities here. I will try to be positive though!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ooh thanks, I'm the first person I know to have had it and like duck am I going to Google anything I'm feeling 🤣 it's good to have someone report back!
Do not google it 😂 just rest plenty and have easy comfort food around, plenty of fluids and if you feel achey/headachey just take paracetamol if you can and have it.

i think there’s a lot of anxiety round it, from what I’ve gauged talking to people, which is totally understandable! We’re all in the same boat! Sore arm goes after the second day more or less and then everything’s just a bit heavy

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes please, @Into_the_tunnel just ram it through my letterbox. I just want to get one satisfying snow-crunching footstep.

I even tried yoga this morning after the posts about it last night. I lasted five minutes 😂 the calm yoga voice has the opposite effect on me and makes me furious, I find it so grating. WHY ARE YOU SO CALM? I only know how to do exercise when someone's shouting at me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
the calm yoga voice has the opposite effect on me and makes me furious, I find it so grating.
This. I always feel enraged when they put on that fake-calm, whispery mellow voice. Just guide me normally, do you order your coffee with that tone and clearly fake "guru" smile? Probably one reason why I can't watch Yoga with Adrienne, she always speaks with the same cadence and it gets on my nerves.

Reactions: 10
I liked Shona Vertue, until she started being pally with James Smith. Hes a massive bleep and couldnt understand that friendship.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I liked Shona Vertue, until she started being pally with James Smith. Hes a massive bleep and couldnt understand that friendship.
I dont know either of these people but the bluntness of this sentence just really made me laugh!

We have texted quite a lot this week but have both been really busy with home schooling and crazy working hours. He called me yesterday evening (usually we agree in advance when we talk on the 'phone so I was surprised). He said he had really missed me and been reading the guidance again and asked if we could be a bubble as its within the rules. My children are with their dad for the next few days so I am going to drive to new blokes house later today and take my laptop and work from there for a couple of days. I am so happy as I have not spoken to another adult for a week. I have been for a covid test this morning and it was negative. Also, he is looking for somewhere to rent while his family home is being sold and he casually mentioned he is looking at places closer to where I live to knock off 20 mins of the car journey. He factored me in :)

• Heart
Something that has made me even angrier than JM does

20210117_142852.jpg

So many of the comments are like this - people suggesting Slimming World, low carb, blood type diet to SOMEONE SUFFERING FROM BULIMIA.

Sometimes I hate the entire human race...

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Something that has made me even angrier than JM does

View attachment 388285

So many of the comments are like this - people suggesting Slimming World, low carb, blood type diet to SOMEONE SUFFERING FROM BULIMIA.

Sometimes I hate the entire human race...
yeh totally agree, I started WW when I was around 16 and it basically led to me becoming bulimic, being weighed publicly is hardly conducive to overcoming an ED

• Sad
  • Heart
Woah. WW won’t let you sign up if you have an ED. Probably the same with SW but I can’t remember. I’ve done both and they’re both harmful IMO.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.