Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to the new Food and Drink (translation: life, the universe and everything) thread!

There were no thread title suggestions, so I have named this one in honour of @Alansbigplate patent pending #alansliedownlarder. When sailing the rocky seas of lockdown, we all need a lie down from
time to time.

All welcome 🌸

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’

ALSO:

1. MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  2. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  3. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Thanks @Pocahontas ❤

@heretoreaditall2019 I have a theory that the more intelligent you are the more you love Real Housewives! My high brow friends all talk about them like they are their mates.
Thank(space)you @NP, I am lucky in that I can buy a new tablet or get one from my sister for a few weeks, its just that the school have put the Zoom calls at the same time for different school years so siblings will find it hard is they have to share. Its not the schools fault; I think we dont always see the impact when making tough decisions in these times and I am confident they will change it once they see its an issue.

Cant really call him the new man any more. A couple of months in and I have a drawer at his house for toothbrush, pants and make up and he has contact lens stuff here. The neighbours have met him and approve. We were planning a holiday in Feb in this country before the latest news and he had asked me to renew my passport for a summer holiday together. Its so lovely and natural when we are together and every part of the relationship is ace . I really trust him with my feelings and he feels the same. We can bubble at the moment but have chosen not to for a few weeks as the news yesterday was scary in terms of numbers (1 in 50?? I cried when I heard that) and it would just be selfish of us.

To keep it on topic I forgot to cancel my Hello Fresh box so have a random selection of food arriving tomorrow that I will report back on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Welcome to the new Food and Drink (translation: life, the universe and everything) thread!

There were no thread title suggestions, so I have named this one in honour of @Alansbigplate patent pending #alansliedownlarder. When sailing the rocky seas of lockdown, we all need a lie down from
time to time.

All welcome 🌸

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’

ALSO:

1. MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  2. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  3. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.
Loool it’s actually #alansliedownharder where I try to have a harder lie down each time I go for a sneaky nap but looking back yours is actually better so I’m glad it never took off

thanks for the new thread I was stressing baws

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Liedown larder (or harder) is infinitely better than Lockdown Larder.

Random question - Would you say anything if you could hear your neighbour snoring?! A new lady moved in to the flat below us recently, she is lovely but her snoring is waking me up! I never heard any of our old neighbours in that flat. I would be way to mortified to actually mention it to her so will stick with ear plugs but just wondered if any one would say anything if it was them.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Liedown larder (or harder) is infinitely better than Lockdown Larder.

Random question - Would you say anything if you could hear your neighbour snoring?! A new lady moved in to the flat below us recently, she is lovely but her snoring is waking me up! I never heard any of our old neighbours in that flat. I would be way to mortified to actually mention it to her so will stick with ear plugs but just wondered if any one would say anything if it was them.
I know whoever lives above us can definitely hear Mr NP because his snoring makes me want to commit murder on a regular basis. He’s slept in the living room for about a year and a half now so hopefully he doesn’t wake them up. But we can also hear absolutely everything from down here and our ceiling regular shakes from all the stomping about. None of the neighbours have ever said anything to us but neither have we about the noise from above. Apart from the neighbour moving rooms I’m not sure what she could do about it. Mr NP has tried pillows, throat sprays, gum shields, this bondage-looking strap that holds his chin, everything! And nothing makes a difference. So I’m not sure what your neighbour can do apart from switch rooms.

Edit: anytime I mention Mr NP in a post I worry I’m giving off ham vibes always mentioning my husband :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I would find it far too embarrassing. Also not sure if she could even do anything about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I know whoever lives above us can definitely hear Mr NP because his snoring makes me want to commit murder on a regular basis. He’s slept in the living room for about a year and a half now so hopefully he doesn’t wake them up. But we can also hear absolutely everything from down here and our ceiling regular shakes from all the stomping about. None of the neighbours have ever said anything to us but neither have we about the noise from above. Apart from the neighbour moving rooms I’m not sure what she could do about it. Mr NP has tried pillows, throat sprays, gum shields, this bondage-looking strap that holds his chin, everything! And nothing makes a difference. So I’m not sure what your neighbour can do apart from switch rooms.

Edit: anytime I mention Mr NP in a post I worry I’m giving off ham vibes always mentioning my husband :LOL:
This is why I wouldn’t say anything because she might have tried everything and it would just be awkward. The layout of the flat means she couldn’t move rooms unless she slept in her lounge either. Compared to noisy music neighbour next door it’s nothing, just slightly annoying.

Haha! Sometimes I write a comment which mentions my husband and delete it just in case 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have never mentioned my husband on here for that exact reason!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My ex had sleep apnoea and it was a form of torture for me. We ended up in separate rooms and I was so embarrassed to tell people BUT when I did I was so surprised how many people did too.

I would be a coward and leave an anonymous note (if anything?). If its sleep apnoea its actually quite dangerous if you operate machinery or drive.

Reactions: 8

To be a ham you need a choirboy son!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just heard my 81-year-old mum gets her first covid vaccine shortly - I am so, so relieved.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@Toffee Penny sometimes I can hear one of my neighbours snoring during the day, I just put earphones in if I'm trying to concentrate on something and I use ear plugs every night anyway. What really drove me to the brink of pile-driving straight through the concrete floor WWE-style was their interminable stomping around during the first lockdown. I got to the point of writing a note although I never put it through their door but I did feel better about it after I'd written it. Not that it's not annoying whenever they start up again, mind. It totally is.

Reactions: 8
I can hear my neighbour singing and turning her taps on, and i can hear the other neighbour snoring. Paper thin walls! I cringe when I think about what they may have heard from us 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
it's only been half an hour but I miss the xmas tree 😭 send doggos and cattos and bunnios! so empty!

20210106_195400.jpg

was about to say that we never hear the neighbours, but then I remembered last week 😫 there has been relative silence since though

• Heart
it's only been half an hour but I miss the xmas tree 😭 send doggos and cattos and bunnios! so empty!

View attachment 375348

was about to say that we never hear the neighbours, but then I remembered last week 😫 there has been relative silence since though
Bob Ross!!

Hah. That's a valuable contribution to the discussion, but that's because I've been watching CNN with my face like 😲. I switched over from one of favourite nonsense US dramas - Scandal - which I watch thinking 'Well, this is all crazy nonsense', then, ummm, real life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Bob Ross!!

Hah. That's a valuable contribution to the discussion, but that's because I've been watching CNN with my face like 😲. I switched over from one of favourite nonsense US dramas - Scandal - which I watch thinking 'Well, this is all crazy nonsense', then, ummm, real life.

watching Bob's like asmr ❤

I've been loving watching his show throughout *everything*

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi @Falkor any sign of the girls lately?
🔺 there are some sheep living down the way from me and I just realised. They look quite grumpy though (possibly because they live on a city farm in the middle of the city?)

Reactions: 9
Bob Ross!!

Today’s news cycle is so nuts I forgot about this morning’s Kanye west shaggin Jeffree star rumour

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Hi @Falkor any sign of the girls lately?
🔺 there are some sheep living down the way from me and I just realised. They look quite grumpy though (possibly because they live on a city farm in the middle of the city?)
Yes, we walked out a couple of days ago to check on the rest and the Ewerhythmics decided to come for a walk with us to see their mates. Here they are following Mr F, even though I'm the one carrying the food bucket! From left to right, 406, Nibbles, Loppy and Mr F ;)

20210107_094557.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.