Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
do you think she's legit? I hope she is!
I think a fake would be coming up with some outrageous claims whereas this all seems quite reasonable and jm wouldn't be able to criticise themselves like this.

Dinner was beans on toast (Tesco own brand but with a ring pull! FANCY) because I literally cannot drag myself away from the MT and I'm now on my third hot chocolate just sipping away as I read 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@Sideboard Bob that's wonderful news! That whole album is a banger tbf. The one that always gets me is 'Blood on the Motorway' from 'The Private Press'.

@Universal I love your boring bloke updates, it's nice to know that normal life things are still happening even through a lockdown.

• Heart
I'm kind of on the fence with with the friend account. I feel it's all been very vague and anyone with a forensic knowledge of Jack could pop up and give those kind of answers as I've not really learned anything. Hope there's no ham crisps and it's just cheetos. More than happy to be proven wrong though.

@Universal I'm really enjoying your bloke updates :)

Facebook came up with a throwback Loppy picture this morning. Lops was given to me along with her half-sister, Lucky, and an older ewe called Bella, by a neighbour who was moving away and couldn't take them with her. When I got them in October 2015 they hadn't been shorn for two years and I had to wait until late spring the following year before the weather was settled enough to take their fleeces off. Loppy is front left, Bella next to her, Lucky behind.

loppy throwback.jpg

They finally got their haircuts in May and were much happier for it. (Loppy on the left, Lucky centre, Bella right)

loppy shorn.jpg

Bella, as you can see, was a pretty ancient lady when I got her, we had her for a couple of years, but she was getting arthritic and not grazing so well as she lost her teeth, so we took the decision to do the kind thing one autumn - I drove her into the vet in a small trailer filled with straw and then snivelled all over a lovely French locum vet called Vincent as she was put to sleep. He underestimated her weight and only managed to anaesthetise her at first, so as he went back inside to get another injection, I was able to say my goodbyes sitting next to her as she snored loudly.

Lucky I still miss - she was my lead sheep, very tame, followed me everywhere. When the weather started to get warmer she'd come and stand by me in the field for me to pluck out any loose wool on her chest and round her neck to cool her off a bit. We lost her in August 2019, still no idea what happened, she was fine one evening and dead the next morning. (It's astonishing how many sheep illnesses there are where the only symptom recorded in the veterinary manuals are 'Sudden unexplained death'!) She's buried in one of my fields (we're allowed to do this where I live because we're so far from the nearest place that accepts dead stock) with a small cairn of stones over her.

Anyway, sorry, enough maudlin memories for the morning - we have a scanning date of Monday 8th Feb to find out whether the Shetland tup lamb managed his job, so hopefully at least some of them will be in lamb!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Morning @Falkor - aww the circle of life with your sheep :(. But so pretty with the full coats and also without.

I am excited to hear lambing news shortly :).

I'm suddenly feeling a lot more perky life-wise - tomorrow is February (usually a good month for me as it's my birthday and I would usually be on some sort of overseas trip - not this year).

However...I can sniff in the air that spring is around the corner. I always go by the farming calendar so for me that's 1 March...we have daffodils already coming through but not open in our garden. Better times are ahead. Just the remaining 4 weeks of winter to get through.

So without wanting to clutter up the MT with tales of date night! We both passed out, tipsy and full, after Mr BB produced sea bass fillets with ginger and chinese stir-fried veg. No action for us last night! Plenty of time...we're still in lockdown :).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just popping up to mention
1) re: acupunture, my sister found this hugely beneficial for her long COVID symptoms including chest pains & fatigue. (Proper long COVID not the JM variety...)
2)Anyone wanting a podcast recommendation, I've been listening to the Poorly Read Harry Potter ones which are quite funny to have on while doing boring work
3) I made a spaghetti Bolognese yesterday from the BBC best spaghetti recipe and it was quite edible indeed and I have frozen half and got leftovers for this week.

Sending everyone love x

Reactions: 15
Facebook came up with a throwback Loppy picture this morning. Lops was given to me along with her half-sister, Lucky, and an older ewe called Bella, by a neighbour who was moving away and couldn't take them with her. When I got them in October 2015 they hadn't been shorn for two years and I had to wait until late spring the following year before the weather was settled enough to take their fleeces off. Loppy is front left, Bella next to her, Lucky behind.

They finally got their haircuts in May and were much happier for it. (Loppy on the left, Lucky centre, Bella right)

Bella, as you can see, was a pretty ancient lady when I got her, we had her for a couple of years, but she was getting arthritic and not grazing so well as she lost her teeth, so we took the decision to do the kind thing one autumn - I drove her into the vet in a small trailer filled with straw and then snivelled all over a lovely French locum vet called Vincent as she was put to sleep. He underestimated her weight and only managed to anaesthetise her at first, so as he went back inside to get another injection, I was able to say my goodbyes sitting next to her as she snored loudly.

Lucky I still miss - she was my lead sheep, very tame, followed me everywhere. When the weather started to get warmer she'd come and stand by me in the field for me to pluck out any loose wool on her chest and round her neck to cool her off a bit. We lost her in August 2019, still no idea what happened, she was fine one evening and dead the next morning. (It's astonishing how many sheep illnesses there are where the only symptom recorded in the veterinary manuals are 'Sudden unexplained death'!) She's buried in one of my fields (we're allowed to do this where I live because we're so far from the nearest place that accepts dead stock) with a small cairn of stones over her.

Anyway, sorry, enough maudlin memories for the morning - we have a scanning date of Monday 8th Feb to find out whether the Shetland tup lamb managed his job, so hopefully at least some of them will be in lamb!
Sheep stories 💗 Loving the extra floof look but I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must have been. They were lucky to have you, what a great home.

)Anyone wanting a podcast recommendation, I've been listening to the Poorly Read Harry Potter ones which are quite funny to have on while doing boring work
Definitely saving these for later, thank you for the rec!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hope that everyone is OK, the MT is quite exhausting right now. I've spent some time over the past few weeks updating our food and drink kitchen. It was fine before, but dull, and I still hate the work tops but voila after a few cans of spray paint. It hasn't improved my cooking but this evening we had some chicken from a local farmer with mixed vegetables and an absolutely glorious sauce made with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and honey.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I hope that everyone is OK, the MT is quite exhausting right now. I've spent some time over the past few weeks updating our food and drink kitchen. It was fine before, but dull, and I still hate the work tops but voila after a few cans of spray paint. It hasn't improved my cooking but this evening we had some chicken from a local farmer with mixed vegetables and an absolutely glorious sauce made with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and honey.
I love the colours! That looks very cool. What is your food and drink kitchen by the way? Do you have another kitchen too?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow that looks fab!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
ooh I love this! never would have thought such bright colours ( I am currently planning to re do parts of my kitchen) but this has changed my mind, looks great!

I love the colours! That looks very cool. What is your food and drink kitchen by the way? Do you have another kitchen too?
and the other two fridges?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@SoulRebel wow that looks amazing, did you paint it yourself? LOVE the wooden beamed ceiling too!
I had some cheap spray paints from a Chino store so it has cost about 30e and cheered me up no end. Hang on and I'll take a picture of my favourite beam in the bathroom, it's over a hundred years old.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think a fake would be coming up with some outrageous claims whereas this all seems quite reasonable and jm wouldn't be able to criticise themselves like this.

Dinner was beans on toast (Tesco own brand but with a ring pull! FANCY) because I literally cannot drag myself away from the MT and I'm now on my third hot chocolate just sipping away as I read 🤣
Oh how I love a ring pull. Go to Lidl especially to stock up on their ring pull cans of coconut milk. I don’t know about anyone else but that’s what I call fancy

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wow!!!

It looks fab. Am always envious of anyone who can do more than touch up a scuff with a tester pot!

Have you hidden your worktops so we don’t think you are the notjack vegan squiggle on Linda’s page 😍😍.?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is my favourite beam in the house, it's the twisty one 4th from the right. I think that it's from an old olive tree but the newer beams are definitely eucalyptus.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I love the splashes of colour, what a fantastic looking kitchen! And wow that beamed ceiling 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.