Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning - hope everyone is well and happy on this Saturday morning. This week I batched cooked the Mowgli Butter Chicken that was on This Morning and honestly its so lovely Nisha Katona's signature butter chicken | This Morning (itv.com) I do love watching Nisha cook and the way she describes the ingredients and what flavour each spice brings to the dish.

Love the thought of the lemon chicken but also who doesn't love a hash brown? I remember when I was a kid they seemed so american and exotic!

I watched I May Destroy You - its an amazing and brilliant series but it really disturbed me too so I cant say I enjoyed it but I am glad I watched it (does that even make sense??).

@Alansbigplate I have not looked at Mumsnet for years as it just annoys the hell out of me. I am surprised that you were not advised to 'leave the bastard and get your ducks in a row' with regard to the pie as that was the standard response to everything!

I watched the first episode of, 'Its a Sin' and I love all of the characters already and feel like I dont want to watch the rest of the series as I really cant bear the thought of anything bad happening to any one of them.

Have a lovely day all, I am cleaning up and pottering around and looking forward to it like a 1950s housewife (except without the husband :)).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Morning all ☺. I am so glad it's the weekend, home schooling is a fun challenge at times but by Friday I'm so drained! Middle child that I have to do the main of the hands on work with, had his first live lesson/catch up with his class yesterday, most of them are all in school still. Was so sweet, they brought the school dog in for him to see and he was showing off our cat 😂

For dinner last night we had Cajun spiced fish with sweet potato wedges, salad and homemade pita breads. I'm currently dieting though so no bread for me and I had a baked sweet potato instead. Was bloody good though 😋.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? We are apparently due a ton of snow from tonight onwards so will probably get the kids out in that tomorrow if it does actually lay this time. Today though is meant to be raining all day, so I'm hoping to take a bit of time out to read if I can get 5 mins peace!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What are you reading @Nottonightbabe?

I May Destroy You is brilliant, but IKWYM about waiting until you can concentrate properly to watch it, I still haven't watched Succession for the same reason.

How was your shepherds pie in the end?

I had raw onion in my salad last night and it’s still all I can taste this morning 👅
Yeah we ate it I didn’t enjoy it as much due to the mild sense of dread. Will tell you how it went in the next 24-36 hours 🤣
Oh I love raw onion but sometimes it’s nice and fresh and sometimes it’s really pungent isn’t it

• Heart
  • Haha

I May Destroy You is brilliant, but IKWYM about waiting until you can concentrate properly to watch it, I still haven't watched Succession for the same reason.
I have a few books to choose from actually, I'm part way through Diana Henry's How to Eat a Peach, and also The Little Book of Lykke by Meik Wiking. Plus I have this one to start that I was sent as part of a book exchange in a FB group. I have a few on the go as what I fancy reading and can concentrate on really depends on my mood!

Attachments

• Heart
Homemade pizza for us tonight and I’ve finally finished re-reading Emma after becoming ~mildly~ obsessed with the Anya Taylor-Joy version over Christmas.
There something about reading Austen purely for pleasure rather than because it’s a set text that makes one feel rather smug. ‘Oh, she’s just so witty’ and all that bull sheet (it’s true though)
Oh is the anya taylor joy version better than the Gwyneth Paltrow one? i absolutely loved that film when i was a kid which in hindsight is a bit weird

I ended up staying up until 3am finishing i may destroy you! No regrets, i have so many feelings now. I just loved how complicated all of the characters were and the final episode was so cathartic. Also the soundtrack was absolutely perfect!

Today Mr Blurst and I are attempting to put together two flat pack beds which i have a feeling will end in tears (all mine)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In my humble opinion it is loads better - just because it’s more modern in terms of production design and costume, etc. And quite ‘real’, not so stilted. I love A T-J. I love the Mr Knightley (Johnny Flynn) in this version - a more earthier, anguished portrayal than Jeremy Northam 😂

Must watch IMDYou. Goooood luck with the flat pack beds, remember don’t shed any tears over unassembled furniture.
oh don't worry, i'll only shed tears over part-assembled furniture!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've done 2 episodes of Succession and can't get into it yet. Lots of people are telling me to persevere though. I'm about halfway through the second season of Riviera as well, which is just getting slightly too ludicrous, but I want to make it to season 3 because I adore Rupert Graves.

Everybody is moving sheep round the village getting ready for scanning on Monday. I've just been up to the sheep pens to retrieve April and her two buddies, who came in with my neighbour's flock.

20210206_114342.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I used to see Rupert Graves at a farm cafe with his family a lot 🔺. Delighted to confirm he seems lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I watched Succession early in lockdown last year and loved it, but I can't remember much about it now. I'll have to watch it all again when the next season comes out.

(Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to!)

Reactions: 10
I watched Succession early in lockdown last year and loved it, but I can't remember much about it now. I'll have to watch it all again when the next season comes out.

Happy weekend everyone! I find this especially during lockdown where I seem to have watched about 2084302843 times more TV series than usual! I have started watching things and half way through an episode suddenly realise I have seen it before espeically with crime dramas that kind of start to blend into one after a while :LOL:
anyone have any snow yet? we are predicted for tomorrow so 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Happy weekend everyone! I find this especially during lockdown where I seem to have watched about 2084302843 times more TV series than usual! I have started watching things and half way through an episode suddenly realise I have seen it before espeically with crime dramas that kind of start to blend into one after a while :LOL:
anyone have any snow yet? we are predicted for tomorrow so 🤞
Our snow is meant to start tonight, and continue till Tuesday morning! 😬 I don't think the first bit will lay though, as it's so wet here. The ground is so boggy.

• Heart

I am the same - its like if I binge watch a box set it all makes sense in the moment but I immediately forget the content once its done and dusted. I watched 'How to Get Away With Murder' on Netflix and I enjoyed it but recall almost nothing about the series.

I suggested that the new bloke and I watch Succession together and we watched the first three, then he committed the cardinal sin of watching the rest of the series without me. I was considering upgrading any reference to him on here to 'Mr Universal' but that put paid to that idea!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m the same whenever I’ve watched films, tv shows and especially box sets. I totally forget all about them once they’re over. I always need to rewatch the first series of shows whenever a new series is announced. I always thought it was down to me being middle-aged and a bit forgetful. Perhaps it’s just a ‘thing’ that some of us a have shockingly bad memories. 😊
As for what I’m watching, I’ve just started watching Firefly Lane on Netflix and it’s brilliant! I’m only on episode two so far, but I’m really enjoying it.

Reactions: 7
I am also terrible for forgetting every film and programme I watch and every book I read. Sometimes I will read a book and then go to rate it on Goodreads only to find out I've already read it. Before lockdown when I was making my way through every Agatha Christie novel, I mentioned the titles of a few I'd read recently to my mum and she recalled the complete plot of every one 🤯

• Haha
I am also terrible for forgetting every film and programme I watch and every book I read. Sometimes I will read a book and then go to rate it on Goodreads only to find out I've already read it. Before lockdown when I was making my way through every Agatha Christie novel, I mentioned the titles of a few I'd read recently to my mum and she recalled the complete plot of every one 🤯
Somehow I remember all the Agatha Christie killers. It's a bit tit, those books are the best light reads, but not if you already know whodunnit!

I’ve retreated from the MT. as I’ve missed the sheep and food chat from this thread

• Heart
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find where, so apologies for repeating! Turkish cookbooks - anyone have any recommendations? Mr NT wants to add some different dishes to our meal plans, we both enjoy Turkish food but it's not a cuisine I've much experience with, so definitely one I need a decent book or two on.

• Heart
It is flipping freezing out there. The ladies are all back in one field opposite the sheep pens where they'll be scanned tomorrow, much happy baaaing from April and co when they realised it was their sisters coming down the road :) Waiting to see if Loppy, Nibbles and 406 turn up with the flock they've settled near or whether I'll have to go and grab them separately- they don't need a scan, but I might as well dose everybody for worms and liver fluke next week while I've got them in, so they'll need to be done at the same time.

Hoping desperately this isn't a massive anticlimax tomorrow with none of them in lamb because the little Shetland didn't manage to tup them properly! Fingers crossed. Scanner should be here around midday and we have at least 300 sheep to work through, not sure where in the order I am though.

20210207_102700.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.