Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cococookie

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember a girl group called The 411, they had a song called Dumb. I loved that song 💃🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Crazy for You by Let Loose was a huge hit at the time, it got to number 2 in the charts and was only kept off by Wet Wet Wet‘s ‘Love is all Around which was number 1 forever (or so it seemed) It was always on the radio and is a real forgotten gem of the 90’s IMO. It still sounds good today,

Reactions: 30

moimoi

VIP Member
Charlotte Church’s dabble in pop was very underrated. I was obsessed with Crazy Chick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Daphne and Celeste had a few songs, I remember Ooh Stick You and 🎵U.G.L.Y you ain't got no alibi, you ugly 🎶 😆

Anyone remember the Allstars? They had a CITV show where they would sing their songs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

JulesC

VIP Member
I vaguely remember two bands..
Five Star and Cleopatra. I think Five Star did have a few hits though. Not sure if Cleopatra were one hit wonders.
Cleopatra comin’ at ya! Loved that song 🤣

I also loved A1 and really fancied the one with the curtains 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I grew up in the 90s/00s and was an avid consumer of: Smash Hits, TOTP and TV Hits magazines, The Chart Show, Live and Kicking, CD:UK and many other pop shows... i remember loads of pop acts that were heavily marketed but never succeeded, releasing a single or two and if they were lucky an album...then the news would come through of the dreaded D... DROPPED.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread for memories of such acts, links to their videos and maybe updates on what they're doing now.

I'll start the ball rolling with Upside Down. A fly on the wall documentary charted their creation. The 2 singles I remember were both shameless rip offs of Careless Whisper and Pray (the latter down to a shirtless beach video). They were rebranded to Orange Orange but I think the single struggled to make the top 80 and that was the end of them.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Off topic but does anyone else randomly remember the telephone number for Going Live/Live and Kicking?! 081 811 8181 😂☎

On topic:
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex U Up. I remember being so embarrassed when this came on when I was with my parents in the car.

Snow - Informer. "a-licky-boom-boom-down" 😂

Dr Alban - It's My Life. Now just reminds me of period adverts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
All the Jackson/ 5 star talk has reminded me of the band V who did a truly awful cover of can you feel it.

Anyone remember North and South, think they had a bbc kids show? I just remember a friends wall plastered with pics.

Excellent thread idea 😘

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Anyone remember 3SL and VS? Think 3SL were brothers of Lisa from Steps and Marvin Humes was in VS but only remember a couple songs each from them!

Simon from Blue was involved with VS. I think he was their manager or something

Talking of Lisa from Steps and 3SL does anyone remember the reality show Totally Scott Lee which followed the Scott Lee family as they went about their day? It was around the time that one of the brothers was in a relationship with Michelle Heaton from Liberty X and Michelle & Lisa hated each other. It was actually quite a funny show

• Haha

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Vanilla - I only recall them having one song. “no way, no way”. Me and my sister used to request it on the Box. No different to TikTok dances of today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

WTD

I wish I could remember how to do a link to a YT song. If anyone would care to explain "simply"! But do you remember Ladies First and "Messin" or can link it. They had a couple of hits.
ARE YOU ACTUALLY JOKING ME!!!!! So I totally made up the video in my head and must be getting it mixed up with another song because THIS IS THE SONG! I have been looking for this song for years and I could literally kiss you, I’m going to send it to my friend now 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19