Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As well as those follow ups Craig also had a top 20 hit in 1993 with Debbie Gibson with a cover of You’re The One That I Want when they were both starring in the West End version of Grease
Debbie Gibson!!! Blimey had forgotten about her

Reactions: 2
The Crash Test Dummies had one follow-up to Mmm-mmm-mmm that I remember. I can't recall its title, but the first line was 'what is it that makes me just a little bit queasy?' and there was a recurring phrase 'measured out with coffee spoons' which was a reference to a poem by T.S. Eliot.
Afternoons and Coffee Spoons.

They also did The Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead.

Reactions: 1
This thread has proper cheered me up this evening!

so many memories.

remember Lisa Moorish (mum of Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty’s kids) and her brief pop career?
I had no idea that was her!!!

How about this? It reminds me of holidays.

And these two are always in my summer playlists

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I had no idea that was her!!!

How about this? It reminds me of holidays.

And these two are always in my summer playlists

Drinking in L.A. is such a good song, I still listen to that quite a lot. And Len Steal my Sunshine! Loved that!

Reactions: 17
As we all know, Ed Sheeran’s ‘Bad Habits’ is a total rip off of this (amazing) song.
Bad Habits sounds identical to this to me! I loved late 90s/early 2000s dance music, I was too young to actually dance to it in the clubs though

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm thinking of flop acts as acts that had one or two singles that made it into the top 20 or just got into the top 10, but then disappeared.

I remember liking this song when I was younger, even though it had creepy lyrics like 🎵if I was invisible then I could just watch you in your room🎶 :oops:

Speaking of Fame Academy people, I bought the CD single of this one:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Bad Habits sounds identical to this to me! I loved late 90s/early 2000s dance music, I was too young to actually dance to it in the clubs though

Taken from Chris Rea's On The Beach, im mainly into 60/70/80s music and alternative but i have such a soft spot for 90s/early 2000s dance.

Reactions: 1
Another Fame Academy reject but this is such a tune, it would have been massive if someone bigger had sang it

Reactions: 10
Another Fame Academy reject but this is such a tune, it would have been massive if someone bigger had sang it

Yes! I loved Fame Academy, the album from the first series was 🔥. I went through a phase last year of relistening to it on Spotify.

David Sneddon was the worst winner though 😂