Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Oh this thread if just 👌👌

Anyone remember the summer bop 'Summertime girls' by LFO the lyrics were like 'new kids on the block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick...she looks like a girl from Abercrombie and Fitch'
They were another Lou Pearlman boy band in the late 90s. Sad that 2 of 3 of them have now passed.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
I used to be obsessed with point break, a lad I knew got me a signed poster and I cried 🤣 pretty sure I saw them play at party in the park.
Also Eamon and Frankee. 🎶 fuck you, you hoe, I don't want you back 🎶

• Haha

CherryAcid

VIP Member
This thread has proper cheered me up this evening!

so many memories.

remember Lisa Moorish (mum of Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty’s kids) and her brief pop career?
I had no idea that was her!!!

How about this? It reminds me of holidays.

And these two are always in my summer playlists

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member

I love this one hit wonder from 2006, it plays in my head every time my boss mentions returning to the office lmao

You'll never see me againnnnnnnnnn :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

LittleMy

VIP Member
Does anyone remember a song which was in a foreign language (I can't remember which, Greek maybe?) released around 2004/5? Part of the title was I do believe something like "dragnosti"

It was Romanian, released in 2002/3. Is this the one you mean?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Also went to the smash hits poll winners party in 1998 when westlife won the up
Comin award I wanted a1 to win. Back then westlfie were known as westside
god i loved a1. sometimes when i’m tipsy i will launch into a whole speech about why “same old brand new you” is one of the greatest boyband songs of all time.

the dj in the cardiff popworld eventually told me to stop requesting it 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
My local radio station accidentally played the unedited expletive version of Eamon’s I Don’t Want You Back.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
God weren’t they shit? They were so ordinary looking and fucking terrible singers, even the singing on actual tracks is out of tune 😂

What about Girl Thing? Blatant Spice Girls rip off. I believe Simon Cowell was behind them (after he’d rejected the Spice Girls)

• Haha

JulesC

VIP Member
I had no idea that was her!!!

How about this? It reminds me of holidays.

And these two are always in my summer playlists

Drinking in L.A. is such a good song, I still listen to that quite a lot. And Len Steal my Sunshine! Loved that!

aidil

VIP Member
Does anyone remember Amy Studt? I remember my tortured teenage self writing to her about being bullied and she actually wrote me a lovely letter back!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
All the Jackson/ 5 star talk has reminded me of the band V who did a truly awful cover of can you feel it.

Anyone remember North and South, think they had a bbc kids show? I just remember a friends wall plastered with pics.

Excellent thread idea 😘
Yes I remember North and South's songs No Sweat and Man Not A Boy :) i think the lead singer was called Lee Otter

princessmaire80

VIP Member
I’ve spent a good hour reading this thread and OMG my Apple Music is now full of dodgy 90’s/00’s songs 😂
A few observations-
Worlds Apart. I was utterly obsessed with them and bunked off school a couple of times to see them but when I watched them on an old TOTP the other day and I was saying to my husband not only did I not recognise any of them I can’t remember which one I liked 😂

Halo James- my sister and cousin took me to a signing because I loved the singer, I was about 9, but we didn’t get to meet him for some reason ( I can’t remember why)

Point Break- loved them! I vaguely recall queueing to meet them at HMV in Newcastle; but again I can’t remember which one I liked!

Let Loose- omg I was so in love with Lee. (I think I’ve got something about boy band/band members called Lee as I absolutely love Lee from Steps and Lee from Blue) Myself and a school friend were taken by said school friend’s mum to see them in concert at Sunderland Empire. I think maybe I was probably about 14? We waited outside afterwards for them and they literally had to push through this massive crowd of girls. It was absolutely wild- they had little or no security and these girls were literally grabbing at anything they could- I lost my friend in the melee and while I was a big girl and not easily moved I was getting pushed around and I literally fell and grabbed onto someone to steady me- that someone was Lee 🙈he was wearing this ridiculous flimsy frilly white shirt that was half open and my hand landed on his chest 🙈i still remember to this day his skin was really warm 🙈😂

Upside Down- omg I loved them! I googled them and
was trying to figure out which one of them 15 year old me would have liked and nope I can’t figure it out 😂

Bad Boys Inc- I was hopelessly in love with Ally. I think it was the accent 😂he’s a proper serious sports journalist now and he replied to my tweet once wishing me a happy birthday (I think he had tweeted about a great footballer who shared my birthday and I said it was my birthday that day too so he replied- the 13 year old me would have absolutely lost her head over that and the 39 year old me was quite chuffed too 😂)

Blazin Squad- I was a proper big fan- I was probably way too old to be though 😂 I loved Kenzie. I followed them up and down the country, I did some proper mad stuff in pursuit of them 😂I remember they hated David Sneddon- they had a song called Anything (which was allegedly about haters being crap) and they did a performance where they sang ‘Sneddon you’re anything, anything’ 😂My favourite song of theirs was We Just Be Dreaming- I was even on their DVD, in a naff top from Bay Trading that I thought I looked great in (I didn’t) and I had curlers in my hair (not even proper curlers, I couldn’t afford them- they were pipe cleaners 😂) I still do love Kenzie though. He is very definitely a DILF 👀😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

givepeasachance

VIP Member
Someone mentioned Geneva, I saw them in '97, they have reformed now!
That were me!!!! Into the Blue is one of my absolute favourite songs, I have no idea why they were not massive.

Another band I liked was The Music but again they didn't really get anywhere, it was something to do with their name (e.g if you typed The Music in t'internet, you got a million results for anything and everything to do with music - except for the actual band

Anyway - Soup Dragons 'I'm Free'

4 Non Blondes

Soho - Hippy Chick

China Black - Searching

Those two Russian girls pretending to be lesbians

Mr Blobby

Last edited:
  • Heart