Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved bbmak I had their album n still listen now!
point break were actually good
Absolute tune... Dec from Point Break went into EastEnders as a Cotton I think... He also did Once the Musical in the West end (Arthur Darvill - Rory Pond - from Doctor Who took over his role,. I saw him and it was amazing, but I think Dec did the soundtrack over here).

Also loved Back Here by BBMak ♥

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember the band No Mercy? First single was Where do you go (pretty sure second one was called Please don't go 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember the band No Mercy? First single was Where do you go (pretty sure second one was called Please don't go 🤣)
Yes, and I remember OMC How Bizarre as being a big song too of the same genre and around the same time. OMC - another tragic band

Reactions: 9
Thunderbugs. OK "Friends Forever" was a hit making number 5, but the follow up bombed failing to make the top 40 and the album got shelved. So maybe they are a flop act. I doubt the record label made a return on their investment

Reactions: 4
Oh god, this is bringing back so many memories, loved How Bizarre by OMC (I used to sing along to the girl bits pretending I sounded like them... I really didn't apparently 🙄🤣),
and also the ThunderBugs song!!

Reactions: 3
I always thought of Damage as a flop boy band as I didn't remember them being popular when I was at school, having any big hits or generally entering the public consciousness. They were in Smash Hits a good bit but weren't one of the top tier boy band acts in terms of exposure.

However just looking at their discography they had 4 top 10s so not sure they were a complete flop like others mentioned in the thread. Anyone got any opinions on this band?
I loved their songs ‘Love Guaranteed’ and ‘Love 2 Love’. I remember them as being moderately successful and fairly popular.

Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) married one of them I think.

Kriss Kross- Jump
God I remember them being everywhere with their baggy trousers round their knees and backwards baseball caps. Hailed as the next big thing 🤣
Daddy Mac

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thunderbugs. OK "Friends Forever" was a hit making number 5, but the follow up bombed failing to make the top 40 and the album got shelved. So maybe they are a flop act. I doubt the record label made a return on their investment
I loved ‘friends forever’ at the time but I listened to it recently and it hasn’t aged that well.

I loved their songs ‘Love Guaranteed’ and ‘Love 2 Love’. I remember them as being moderately successful and fairly popular.

Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) married one of them I think.
This was the song I loved by Damage and I don’t think I knew any others. I don’t remember the video butmy friend made me a cd (remember doing that with downloads from Napster?) with this on and other RnB bangers.

Emma Bunton is married to Jade Jones from Damage, they were on/off for years, had kids together and then got married fairly recently I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This was the song I loved by Damage and I don’t think I knew any others. I don’t remember the video butmy friend made me a cd (remember doing that with downloads from Napster?) with this on and other RnB bangers.

Emma Bunton is married to Jade Jones from Damage, they were on/off for years, had kids together and then got married fairly recently I think.
I don’t know how I managed to forget that song, I loved that one too! In fact, I think that was the CD single I bought.

Reactions: 2
I grew up in the 90s/00s and was an avid consumer of: Smash Hits, TOTP and TV Hits magazines, The Chart Show, Live and Kicking, CD:UK and many other pop shows... i remember loads of pop acts that were heavily marketed but never succeeded, releasing a single or two and if they were lucky an album...then the news would come through of the dreaded D... DROPPED.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread for memories of such acts, links to their videos and maybe updates on what they're doing now.

I'll start the ball rolling with Upside Down. A fly on the wall documentary charted their creation. The 2 singles I remember were both shameless rip offs of Careless Whisper and Pray (the latter down to a shirtless beach video). They were rebranded to Orange Orange but I think the single struggled to make the top 80 and that was the end of them.

Unbelievable how badly they've ripped those 2 songs off!

• Haha
Have we had The Faders yet? I was OBSESSED with No Sleep Tonight and was gutted when they just sort of fizzled out. I think the one with the red hair had a famous dad so there as a bit of wink wink that’s how she got the record deal about it all but I like their (two) main songs 😂
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER THEIR NAME FOR AGES!!!!! I was obsessed! So edgy, so cool!

Another one which I loved when I was younger

Last edited: