Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone remember 3SL and VS? Think 3SL were brothers of Lisa from Steps and Marvin Humes was in VS but only remember a couple songs each from them!

Omg I loved that song ‘call you sexy’
Didn’t 3SL stand for ‘3 single lads’🤣🤣🤣🤢

Yes! I was thinking his name was Omario, Omarion, something like that! 😆
remember that song by Omarion ‘I got this ice box where my heart used to be’ 🤣🤣🤣🎶 what a tune

Remember verbalicious 🤣 god I love this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Lorraine Crosby is the ultimate 90s flop, in my opinion. She was the female vocalist on Meat loaf ' I would do anything for love' but wasn't in the video and allegedly wasn't credited properly.

She appears to be so bitter about not being a superstar on the back of the Meat Loaf song. She has been on the X Factor and The Voice but failed to make her fame. ( She was possibly a Stars in their eyes contestant once , too). This bitterness holds her back imo.

She still releases music and performs in local venues and on the holiday scene. I've known people see her live and she is good at what she does but I think she isn't versatile and it is a bit dated.

The difference between a flop and a one hit wonder is that a flop still expects to make it big.

Reactions: 3
I have a video of a load of totp episodes i taped in 94/95, its amzing, a lot of bands mentioned are on it. Let Loose also had a song called Seventeen, the drummer was fit!
Anyone remember Alisha's Attic? How about Michelle Gayle: Sweetness?

Reactions: 12
I have a video of a load of totp episodes i taped in 94/95, its amzing, a lot of bands mentioned are on it. Let Loose also had a song called Seventeen, the drummer was fit!
I remember the drummer became an actor for a while, nothing major I don’t think just some extra work. In fact I was watching an old episode of Classic Eastenders the other day and I swear I saw him sat in the cafe in the background of a scene

Reactions: 2
I can’t remember the Alisha’s attic song but Ive always remembered the music video with the cute little mice 🐁

Reactions: 1
I liked Sweetness I still hear it on the radio from time to time. Her follow up singles weren't great

Reactions: 8
I can’t remember the Alisha’s attic song but Ive always remembered the music video with the cute little mice 🐁
Alisha's Attic had I am, I feel and Alisha Rules the world. Me and my mates still sing along to I am i feel on drunken nights.

Another one was Dj Miko and their version of Whats Up, proper banger! And Naomi Campbell had that song Love and devotion? I quite liked it.

Reactions: 4
Seventeen is a brilliant song - Nik Kershaw wrote it!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
remember that song by Omarion ‘I got this ice box where my heart used to be’ 🤣🤣🤣🎶 what a tune
Ohhh, THAT’S where I was getting ‘Omarion’ from! Yes I actually loved that tune (think it was with Timbaland wasn’t it?), in fact I’ll put it on right now!

Ok how about this for the ultimate flop, and see if any of you remember this tit show…

About twenty years ago there was this weird channel on Sky Digital that was back-to-back devoted to an ‘up and coming’ singer called ‘Angelle’ as she desperately tried to promote her single. I think it was her one and only single. Quite pretty but a less-than-average singer.

I’m not joking, the entire channel was this single music video plus studio interviews with her, and clips of her doing nationwide appearances (dead shopping malls, secondary schools, that kind of thing).

iirc the channel’s presenter was that bloke who presents Dragons Den.

This is the definition of flippity-flappity-flop.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember Lil' Chris with his song checkin'it out? He unfortunately passed away in 2015

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Ohhh, THAT’S where I was getting ‘Omarion’ from! Yes I actually loved that tune (think it was with Timbaland wasn’t it?), in fact I’ll put it on right now!

Ok how about this for the ultimate flop, and see if any of you remember this tit show…

About twenty years ago there was this weird channel on Sky Digital that was back-to-back devoted to an ‘up and coming’ singer called ‘Angelle’ as she desperately tried to promote her single. I think it was her one and only single. Quite pretty but a less-than-average singer.

I’m not joking, the entire channel was this single music video plus studio interviews with her, and clips of her doing nationwide appearances (dead shopping malls, secondary schools, that kind of thing).

iirc the channel’s presenter was that bloke who presents Dragons Den.

This is the definition of flippity-flappity-flop.

Oh my gosh I remember this now, I think the single only made top 20 and that was the end of her. I remember hearing at the time that her husband was loaded and was financing it for her.

Really? I don't remember that bit, I do remember that TV show which featured their luxury lifestyle
which put me off for them, what happens when the money runs out I asked myself. We all found out
later when they were forced to sell the house and hand back the cars.
Plus one of them was arrested after being caught wanking in a public toilet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Curve were once the darlings of the NME Indie press. They had some minor success but that’s it. They were always a bit too alternative to be regarded as pop.

Toni Halliday the singer was Elite Hot though.
Eyebrows to die for.

Anyone remember EYC ‘express yourself clearly’?! I’ve just watched this video of them, hilarious! I remember my friend joined the fan club and got her name printed in the album sleeve notes (it really was a friend not me I swear 🤪)

Thought of another one-MN8 ‘I’ve got a little something for ya’ na na na na na nana 😂
Don’t remember them doing any other songs but could be wrong!
These two bands were the first ones I thought of! I was queuing for a ride at Disneyland Paris and saw MN8 getting off the ride.

Does anyone remember 21st Century Girls? They were around at the same time as Hepburn IIRC.

TASMIN ARCHER!!!!! Sleeping Satellites is an awesome pop song.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Did anyone good ever come out of fame academy?! Alex parks is the only one I can remember.. flops all round
Lemar? Loved "dance with u".

Fuzzbox went mainstream, glammed up which was their mistake, still got the Radio Fuzzbox tape.

These photo's were taken with a Kodak Disc Camera, this is why the quality is naff.

View attachment 985334View attachment 985335
Sadly Jo died fairly suddenly a few years ago 😢

Does anyone remember a song from around 2003. I think it was something like "F.u I don't want you back" or they were lines in the song? Then there was a female version?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Did anyone good ever come out of fame academy?! Alex parks is the only one I can remember.. flops all round
David Sneddon had a couple of his own songs out then went on to write for other people. He wrote Lana Del Ray’s National Anthem, as well as some for/with Newton Faulkner and even Morten Harket.