Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just makes you realise how much throw away pop was around at that time.

I will bid you good night and give you the UKs answer to rival N SYNC 😆

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I remember these! "We've got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it!". I'm sure they still 'tour' ..

Are we including one hit wonders too out of interest?
I think it depends what you define as a "hit".
For example, Chesney Hawkes had a number one with One and Only, which was a massive hit, but not any other big hits really - but I wouldn't describe him as a "flop act". A1 and Honeyz probably aren't flop acts either, although it's been fun discussing them in the thread.

I was thinking about Kavana earlier, even though he had 2 top number 8s and a few top 20 singles I would probably call him a flop act. He never really made it big, he wasn't a household name, his songs weren't huge at the time, his songs aren't well remembered or played on the radio and whenever he's interviewed he seems to rely on his achievement of winning Best Male at a Smash Hits awards, which isn't that impressive really.

Does anyone else remember this? 😂
Yes, I fancied him in Corrie and in this video. I liked the follow up single too Everything My Heart Desires

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
One True Voice (beaten by Girls Aloud)
I remember their follow-up single went 🎵if I had Shakespeare's way with words I would write a sonnet and put your name upon it🎶 😆 funnily enough they disappeared after that 🤣

Anyone remember the Irish girl group Bellefire?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Curve were once the darlings of the NME Indie press. They had some minor success but that’s it. They were always a bit too alternative to be regarded as pop.
Curve had a song "Chinese Burn" used for a Sony Mindisc advert.

On that subject, Babylon Zoo shot to fame with their single "SpaceMan" which was used in a Jeans Advert.
Babylon Zoo were a one hit wonder and their album was a load of crap, I sold my copy on Ebay. FAILURE!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember their follow-up single went 🎵if I had Shakespeare's way with words I would write a sonnet and put your name upon it🎶 😆 funnily enough they disappeared after that 🤣

I remember Bellefire - Perfect Bliss and All I Want is You. Louis Walsh used to manage them and hype them up, next biggest girl group, worldwide fame etc.

Reactions: 1
Remember kaci who sang paradise? I absolutely loved that song 🤣
She came back years later as an adult pop star with a pair of new singles neither of which went anywhere on the charts although I liked the first one the very Womanizer-esque Crazy Possessive. She did release an album with these songs but only in Japan. She became a born again Christian after that.

They always believed that Pete Waterman hated getting them and not the Girls Aloud that he deliberately sabotaged them with bad choices. They made it obvious when they were promoting the song how much they hated the song at Waterman. There were rumours at the time he asked Rik Astley to write the worst song to finish their careers.

I quite liked Say Something Anyway. The fact that One True Voice have an official vevo channel and they don't makes me sad.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Anyone remember EYC ‘express yourself clearly’?! I’ve just watched this video of them, hilarious! I remember my friend joined the fan club and got her name printed in the album sleeve notes (it really was a friend not me I swear 🤪)

Thought of another one-MN8 ‘I’ve got a little something for ya’ na na na na na nana 😂
Don’t remember them doing any other songs but could be wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Vanilla - I only recall them having one song. “no way, no way”. Me and my sister used to request it on the Box. No different to TikTok dances of today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

I remember when they did this song on TOTP or CD:UK and were doing backflips on stage like a bunch of c0cks.

Did anyone good ever come out of fame academy?! Alex parks is the only one I can remember.. flops all round
The mention of Alex Parks reminded me of another fart in the wind from the 00s - the lead singer of Speedway was dating Alex I think.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone remember Let Loose? This was a a good song but I don’t recall anything else by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’ve never heard of Five Star 😐
They were famous in the mid-late 80s so probably before your time and don’t fall into the timeline of this thread. They were marketed as the British Jacksons/Jackson 5 as they were all siblings (although they were mixed-sex rather than all male)

Talking of siblings everyone knows Shane from Boyzone’s twin sisters were in B*Witched but another sister of theirs was in a group called Buffalo G who had 1 top 20 hit with Really Saying Something, a cover of the Bananarama song (which itself was a cover of the song by The Velvelettes)

Sticking with the sibling theme Aaron Carter, younger brother of Nick Carter from The Backstreet Boys. Aaron had a couple of top ten hits in the UK then a couple more that hit the top 40. He’s had quite a troubled life in recent years

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Who remembers ALLstars who had their own show on SMTV?
Yes Darren from hollyoaks was in it

Oo off to have a look naturally.

How about Ultimate Kaos? 'Some girls' reminds me of a glorious summer I nearly lived at same friends house cos she had Nikolodeon 😁.
Thing they support take that at a concert . i Will still have the single somewhere 😂

Now going to make a new play ist on Spotify, crap 90s

• Haha
Reactions: 4
God weren’t they tit? They were so ordinary looking and bleeping terrible singers, even the singing on actual tracks is out of tune 😂

What about Girl Thing? Blatant Spice Girls rip off. I believe Simon Cowell was behind them (after he’d rejected the Spice Girls)
The youngest of the awful Girl Thing was the beautiful Jodi Albert. She went on to do Hollyoaks, she’s quite an alright actress I think, but somewhere down the line she joined another girl band (Ireland-based) that also flopped. I think they were called Wonderland or something like that.

Sticking with the sibling theme Aaron Carter, younger brother of Nick Carter from The Backstreet Boys. Aaron had a couple of top ten hits in the UK then a couple more that hit the top 40. He’s had quite a troubled life in recent years
Yep, I remember Aaron Carter. It was really sad to see his downfall in his adult life.

Reactions: 5
Ok so this is an obscure one. Before Eastenders, Martine McCucheon was in a girl band called Milan with two other girls. I thought this song was good but they totally flopped:

Reactions: 6

I remember when they did this song on TOTP or CD:UK and were doing backflips on stage like a bunch of c0cks.

The mention of Alex Parks reminded me of another fart in the wind from the 00s - the lead singer of Speedway was dating Alex I think.

Northern Line were shite and corny beyond belief, I remember Run for Your Life too, had a Halloween sort of vibe to it. Elton John lauded them as the new Take That, wtf was he on

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Northern Line were shite and corny beyond belief, I remember Run for Your Life too, had a Halloween sort of vibe to it. Elton John lauded them as the new Take That, wtf was he on
With Elton it could've been one of a number of things....

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember this?
I remember her promo rounds for it too, all thinking she was going to go from page 3 to number 1. She even went on the Richard Blackwood Show :sick: all serious and sombre and he was just taking the piss out of her. She charted at like #20 and then it sank from the charts like a heavy turd.

Reactions: 2