Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this is true I’m really disappointed in Fleur. She’s pretty much the only influencer who doesn’t grate on me these days and I’m sure she gained a lot of fans for her lockdown content and opening up about her fertility issues. If she’d openly said we are going away, we feel we need/deserve it after a crappy year at least that is honest.

I’m still hoping she’s going to say something that proves she is actually at home and it’s mistaken identity or some one stirring up trouble....

Reactions: 29
If this is true I’m really disappointed in Fleur. She’s pretty much the only influencer who doesn’t grate on me these days and I’m sure she gained a lot of fans for her lockdown content and opening up about her fertility issues. If she’d openly said we are going away, we feel we need/deserve it after a crappy year at least that is honest.

I’m still hoping she’s going to say something that proves she is actually at home and it’s mistaken identity or some one stirring up trouble....
Honestly, if she had just replied to the initial comments saying "Oh haha, nope, wasn't us, we're at home enjoying Mike's free time together!" most people (including me tbh) would have believed her and nothing else would have come off it. But she didn't and hasn't so far, so something is definitely going on...

Reactions: 29
Honestly, if she had just replied to the initial comments saying "Oh haha, nope, wasn't us, we're at home enjoying Mike's free time together!" most people (including me tbh) would have believed her and nothing else would have come off it. But she didn't and hasn't so far, so something is definitely going on...
I don't think she'd tell an out an out lie if she's still there. She doesn't know who's posting on her Insta and it would be very easy for someone to pap her while they were sat by the pool to prove otherwise.

Reactions: 2
If this is true, I'm really disappointed in Fleur. Especially because she's been acting like she's been so responsible and respectful. I was suspicious when she said she wouldn't be vlogging after lockdown. Someone speculated that she ended Vlogmas early so she could secretly go to her mum's for Christmas anyways and that's likely what they did.

I think she is in Dubai. If she wasn't there she wouldn't have deleted the comments. She would've responded and posted stories proving she's home. But I doubt this will become a huge scandal. She's not a huge/relevant influencer now. Most people don't care that much about her anymore, her heyday is over. And if she's deleting comments, most people won't ever know. I do hope more people find out and call her out though.

It's particularly gross because she's lying. And because she's so privileged in every single way- she doesn't have to worry about money, doesn't have a job that forces her to be there in person and risking her life for min wage or puts in contact with COVID patients, she lives on a huge property with so much space... this trip is so unnecessary and disrespectful to the NHS workers who are going through hell right now.

Reactions: 41
The fact she’s deleting comments and has unfollowed the Dubai hotel convinces me she’s there. If you could prove everyone wrong, why be sneaky?

Also it’s seems like she did the deleting pretty early this morning, which lines up with what other posters said about her being a few hours ahead because of the time difference.

Her making comments about not wanting to travel etc is probably part of the manipulation.

Reactions: 32
I honestly don't think there's anything to applaud here :-D Traveling was THE number one reason that the virus could spread as freely as it did in the first place. The only reason it's allowed to an extent now is the economy. Not because it's not dangerous anymore. As others have mentioned, many of us could travel right now. I'm obviously not on Fleur and Mike's level of wealthy but I could afford a trip right now to Dubai or wherever. But I don't. I've been isolated since March, things have been crappy and don't look great, I love traveling too, but I can hold off a few months longer if it means that we finally get through this pandemic. For Fleur and everyone else, super rich or not, to just go ahead and put unnecessary travel as their priority right now is selfish and stupid, there's no way to sugarcoat this. They're not doing this to keep people employed.

Also, how much have they been isolating before this trip? There was the trip to London with exposure in several restaurants, Christmas with her family and then off to Dubai? I really hope they got tested before hopping on the plane.
I agree with everything youve mentioned. I wrote applaud more as a dig as molly mae hague who has been in dubai and plastering her exploits for all to see. Not wearing her mask etc. Fucks me right off.
Stay the duck home.. As we all are.
Me and my partner love to travel. We saved all last year and hoped to travel in 2020, doh. That didnt happen, but we feel its best to stay home and not impact the ruddy spread any further than it is without people travelling.

Reactions: 11
I don't think she'd tell an out an out lie if she's still there. She doesn't know who's posting on her Insta and it would be very easy for someone to pap her while they were sat by the pool to prove otherwise.
Oh sorry, no I meant if she was indeed at home and this Dubai thing wasn't true she could have easily cleared it up with one comment. But she didn't so that means it's very likely true. Sorry if I don't make sense! :-D

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or is it also stupid of her to go on a holiday when she knows that she has subscribers all over the world, so this would've surfaced up eventually?

Like what everyone else has said, I just don't see what the appeal is or what's so urgent to go to such a shallow holiday destination in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 18
Just looking at Tamara Ecclestone's Insta, she's also in Dubai and openly posting, no negative comments. Something to be said for being honest and owning your decisions?

Reactions: 13
Oooh following this. Like we all couldn’t use a holiday right now! I’m staying home.

Reactions: 11
Is it just me or is it also stupid of her to go on a holiday when she knows that she has subscribers all over the world, so this would've surfaced up eventually?
I don't think Fleur cares what her subscribers (aka the peasants who watch her) think tbh. It's one rule for the rich and her privilege is really showing. All these 'oh so relatable' lockdown vlogs and 'virtual hugs' and 'we're all in the same boat' - it's all just an act!

Reactions: 35
I don't think Fleur cares what her subscribers (aka the peasants who watch her) think tbh. It's one rule for the rich and her privilege is really showing. All these 'oh so relatable' lockdown vlogs and 'virtual hugs' and 'we're all in the same boat' - it's all just an act!

I almost felt she was laying it on a bit thick when the new Tiers were introduced etc. Almost like she was saying such a big sorry to us and felt more sorry for us than herself. Maybe that's why!

Reactions: 20
Just reading the comments on her garden post 😆 she’s going to have to say something or it will indeed become Martha-gate.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Agreed - Fleur has been one of the better influencers throughout this pandemic, but this has shown her true colours. Privileged, spoilt and selfish.

Reactions: 21
A long time lurker here. She is 100% in Dubai. Went boxing day. Friend works at the airport and saw her multiple times. Friend was not sure where she was going but the only flights out were Dubai, Sinagapor, Maldives and Spain. I think she was okay to travel back then as where she lives was Tier 2. I understand her not wanting to say anything because she knows for a fact she would get called out on it. But I hated at the end of her last vlog making out she was all sad because they could not get away for the week they planned ane just making out they are sat at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I think honestly she might have been alright if she'd admitted going. But the lying on her video about staying at home and the Instagram post has been her undoing, when your brand is built on influencing others, you've got to have a good relationship with your viewers that does not include lying to them. I hope the trip was worth it because she's gone from being arguably one of the best influencers last year, to proving she is no better than any of the others.

Reactions: 36
I 100% think she is in Dubai and this reeks of her privilege and self entitlement. Didn’t she say they had planned a trip in the UK after Christmas which they had cancelled because of covid restrictions? To me it seems they had a trip planned Boris announced the tighter Xmas restrictions and they were ticked off because now not only could they not have their big Xmas party but they couldn’t all get together either. They probably then were like if we can’t do what we want in the UK we will go aboard like a big F you to UK restrictions. it’s incredibly naive of her to think no one would spot her but I guess she was more interested in going on a holiday than anything else. She probably hasn’t denied it because she knows she’s been spotted, for all we know followers may have even said hello to her so she couldn’t then deny it. She might have been in tier 2 when they left ( but didn’t most of the UK go into a higher tier after Xmas?) I am assuming she left from Heathrow and London was tier 4 and the guidance was to not enter or leave a tier 4 area.

Reactions: 22
I reckon she'll try to play it off and try to get away on a technicality - "I said I was taking a break from social media, never said that I wasn't going to travel. We got tested, we were in Tier 2, we stayed safe in Dubai etc. ". She probably weighed up the options and thought it would be more worthwhile to go on the holiday and then do a half-assed apology after, if need be.

Reactions: 14
It’s very easy for people to post things on the internet.

I saw her at the airport, no I didn’t I just typed that I did. It’s also easy enough for me to type a comment and then delete it 30 mins afterwards.

That being said it’s to easy for her to just post a simple story of them at home saying guys I’m not in Dubai. So it is very suspicious that’s she’s Conveniently not posting. Always makes me laugh when influencers say they are taking a break but are still on social media. Why not just post? You don’t only have to post Just ADs Yano.....

Reactions: 20
She’s been to Dubai in the past semi regularly, she has a close friend that lives here.

Agreed with others that she’s making it worse by covering it up if she is here not that I agree with the decision anyway given the situation in the UK. Cases here also are now approaching 2000 a day regularly and I echo what others that say those of us that live here really wish people would stop travelling in but there’s a massive tourist push right now.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.