Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah she said it’s quite chaotic in the more popular instagram ones but I think the one she’s referring to that she saw fleur at is more quieter and very family friendly so you wouldn’t get the likes of the towie lot there

I wonder if it is the hotel Fleur just started following on insta!

Reactions: 3
I reckon she is going to just delete any references to Dubai and not address it at all. A bit like Tanya and Jim are doing with the whole Martha saga.

I'm convinced she is/was there now. The deleting of comments without addressing them and the timing of the comments being deleted all match up to her being there. So disappointed as I've followed her for years and actually had respect for her.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
She’s unfollowed the Dubai hotel off instagram!! We see you fleur. Really lost my respect for her

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
She's already deleted the new comments from this morning asking her to address the Dubai rumours.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
one of the ones who commented about her being in dubai (username is chazzie something) is followed by Holly sheeran, talkbeckytalks sister?!
I wouldn't take that as anything, Holly went on a follow spree a few years ago and requested to follow my account too. I'm literally just a uni student and everyone who follows my Insta is people I know irl so it was really weird.

Reactions: 5
I really like fleur. I feel conflicted by her being in Dubai. On the one hand, i think its technically legal for her to go to Dubai at the moment and i applaude her for not plastering it all over instagram. On the other hand, to try to cover it up-shady?
It most likely best for all that nobody travels during this pandemic. Travelling just increases the likelihood of it spreading.
On the other hand, if Dubai is open ans accepting tourists, then travellers are going at their own risk (getting covid tests before they travel ans then isolating when the get home) and they are helping the economy out there (eg:keeping people employed).
I wont go in to my thoughts abiut Dubai itself. Thats a whole other subject 😒

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
It’s nonessential travel, plain and simple. During a pandemic where a new virus variant is taking off in the UK. If there is a Dubai trip, it’s selfish and inexcusable. Just because things may be legal doesn’t mean they’re right.

9EA8F9C8-2737-486C-9340-C9348755A78F.jpeg
From Mike’s IG

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It’s nonessential travel, plain and simple. During a pandemic where a new virus variant is taking off in the UK. If there is a Dubai trip, it’s selfish and inexcusable. Just because things may be legal doesn’t mean they’re right.
It's also the trying to conceal it. I would respect her if she was upfront and stated her reasoning behind deciding to travel. It's the deleting of comments and posting a photo which suggests she is just at home pottering around in her garden. Unless she posts some kind of explanation, I will unfortunately be unfollowing her after 8 years.

Reactions: 35
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first "scandal" Fleur has ever been properly caught up in? I know there have been more minor things but I don't ever recall her deleting comments and such.

Reactions: 29
I really hope someone gets a photo of them on their way home or something as irrefutable proof. This has made me so angry as I almost feel I've been made a fool of after supporting Fleur for so long.

Reactions: 28
I really hope someone gets a photo of them on their way home or something as irrefutable proof. This has made me so angry as I almost feel I've been made a fool of after supporting Fleur for so long.
I don’t think it would be allowed on this either way, like I know which hotel she was sitting at but I won’t say because I don’t think it’s right to give away a persons exact location whether she’s still there or not.

Reactions: 5
Tbh I'm from Dubai (currently living elsewhere but my family is still there) and unfortunately it's very normal for many visitors to be there at the moment. The UAE is having 1500ish cases each day but the economy has really suffered so they're pushing for tourists to be there. Very disappointing but unsurprising as it's mostly the lower class brown migrant workers living in labour camps that are testing positive (as they live in horrendous conditions).

Re: the ethics of visiting Dubai in general, I'd say I've got a different perspective (as the child of brown migrant workers in Dubai myself). Visiting Dubai supports many jobs and leads to remitance across Asia and Africa which is invaluable for many disenfranchised communities. I can't think of many places that influencers visit that have great human rights track records. Western countries treat minorities and Indigenous communities terribly and are very strongly on a right-wing nationalist track record, and most Asian countries are terrible to their own minority ethnic and religious groups, not to mention LGBT communities.

But to take a 7hr flight to the UAE amidst a pandemic while your own country is having 30-70k cases daily? duck that. Incredibly disappointed as I thought she was one of the decent ones. Can't trust the rich in any situation, I suppose.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I really like fleur. I feel conflicted by her being in Dubai. On the one hand, i think its technically legal for her to go to Dubai at the moment and i applaude her for not plastering it all over instagram. On the other hand, to try to cover it up-shady?
It most likely best for all that nobody travels during this pandemic. Travelling just increases the likelihood of it spreading.
On the other hand, if Dubai is open ans accepting tourists, then travellers are going at their own risk (getting covid tests before they travel ans then isolating when the get home) and they are helping the economy out there (eg:keeping people employed).
I wont go in to my thoughts abiut Dubai itself. Thats a whole other subject 😒
I honestly don't think there's anything to applaud here :-D Traveling was THE number one reason that the virus could spread as freely as it did in the first place. The only reason it's allowed to an extent now is the economy. Not because it's not dangerous anymore. As others have mentioned, many of us could travel right now. I'm obviously not on Fleur and Mike's level of wealthy but I could afford a trip right now to Dubai or wherever. But I don't. I've been isolated since March, things have been crappy and don't look great, I love traveling too, but I can hold off a few months longer if it means that we finally get through this pandemic. For Fleur and everyone else, super rich or not, to just go ahead and put unnecessary travel as their priority right now is selfish and stupid, there's no way to sugarcoat this. They're not doing this to keep people employed.

Also, how much have they been isolating before this trip? There was the trip to London with exposure in several restaurants, Christmas with her family and then off to Dubai? I really hope they got tested before hopping on the plane.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Weird that in a recent video she said she and Mike had no interest in going anywhere atm as all they were focused on was another baby.

I honestly don't think there's anything to applaud here :-D Traveling was THE number one reason that the virus could spread as freely as it did in the first place. The only reason it's allowed to an extent now is the economy. Not because it's not dangerous anymore. As others have mentioned, many of us could travel right now. I'm obviously not on Fleur and Mike's level of wealthy but I could afford a trip right now to Dubai or wherever. But I don't. I've been isolated since March, things have been crappy and don't look great, I love traveling too, but I can hold off a few months longer if it means that we finally get through this pandemic. For Fleur and everyone else, super rich or not, to just go ahead and put unnecessary travel as their priority right now is selfish and stupid, there's no way to sugarcoat this. They're not doing this to keep people employed.

Also, how much have they been isolating before this trip? There was the trip to London with exposure in several restaurants, Christmas with her family and then off to Dubai? I really hope they got tested before hopping on the plane.

Even if they did get tested ....

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22

• Travellers coming from the UK to Dubai have the option to either present a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test before departure, which is valid for 96 hours from the date of the test, or to take a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival at Dubai airport
  • Travellers to Abu Dhabi must have carried out a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours and received a negative result prior to their departure (there are exemptions for Emirati citizens). Depending on your port of entry, you may also need to undertake a second test on arrival. Travellers entering Abu Dhabi are also required to wear a government-provided wristband, complete a minimum 10-day period of self-isolation or quarantine and have up to two further COVID-19 PCR tests on day 6 and 12 after their arrival.

Reactions: 4
As this really is her first typical YouTuber "scandal" it will be really interesting to see how she will publicly react. If she says something about it I'm sure it will come with a lengthy explanation about how they followed all the rules within traveling, how they had such a difficult 2020, how they had booked the trip before the UK went into the next lockdown and didn't want to cancel another thing they had looked forward to, maybe there'll be something about River needing sunshine, Fleur's health issues...I'm sure it will be done in a way that will make it look like a really sensible thing and once again prove that she's smarter than others who do the same: because she can explain things very well. It's one of her biggest talents tbh and one of the reasons so many like her.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.