Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know you’ll be chasing the impossible don’t you? The kids with mental issues can be difficult, the kids on the rough as a bears arse council estate with a single parent can be difficult, the kids with the two parents working full time with the decent house, car, hols but are too knackered to parent can be difficult I could go on and on but I won’t just you can’t avoid disruptive kids it’s part and parcel of school a bit like a bit of bullying whether it be a little or a lot a kids go through comp experiencing it on some level
I don’t expect to rule it out completely. Based on my own experience in schools where the kids tend to be from families with less social issues there are less issues to deal with. Kids who are sent to school with a good night’s sleep, a good breakfast & parents who are interested in their education are going to behave better. Generally speaking of course.

Reactions: 1
Ah yes, it's the best choice for your child to only socially interact with the same social class and, by total coincidence, exclusively white people. It has nothing to do with "what's best for your child", it's purely based on separating social classes and keeping up the divide between groups. Nothing more. River will grow up in that system for the sole purpose of finding equally rich friends and a rich partner to marry later on. This is not about her education or actual well-being. Nor is it for any other kid that's being sent to private school or boarding schools. At least one of the women I worked for in London was honest about it; she and her husband spent all their money on their kids' private school fees so they could form friendships in higher social circles. I remember her telling me (in front of one of the kids) that there were "many important children" in the daughter's class. Meaning, they were the kids of celebrities, politicians and other wealthy people.

Having said all that, it's the least surprising thing about Fleur and Mike that they would send their daughter to an expensive private school. What else would they do? :-D But I think it's totally ok to voice one's opinion on that :)
I send my kids to private school because its in my opinion the best opportunity for them for the best education.. nothing to do with class or race.. I'm not saying that others don't because of course you do have people like that but its not everyone, and a strange reason to hate someone on the internet

Reactions: 12
Ah yes, it's the best choice for your child to only socially interact with the same social class and, by total coincidence, exclusively white people. It has nothing to do with "what's best for your child", it's purely based on separating social classes and keeping up the divide between groups. Nothing more. River will grow up in that system for the sole purpose of finding equally rich friends and a rich partner to marry later on. This is not about her education or actual well-being. Nor is it for any other kid that's being sent to private school or boarding schools. At least one of the women I worked for in London was honest about it; she and her husband spent all their money on their kids' private school fees so they could form friendships in higher social circles. I remember her telling me (in front of one of the kids) that there were "many important children" in the daughter's class. Meaning, they were the kids of celebrities, politicians and other wealthy people.

Having said all that, it's the least surprising thing about Fleur and Mike that they would send their daughter to an expensive private school. What else would they do? :-D But I think it's totally ok to voice one's opinion on that :)
I think there are many reasons why parents send their kids to private school. I know when my parents sent me to private school, it was about the best education and nothing more than that.
There are definitely levels within the private system for different school types and there are differences between a private grammar and a prep school for example.
I think your comment is quite presumptive and actually in reality a lot of people I met at school were from hardworking backgrounds, varying race and ethnicities and hasn’t impacted my social circles in any way.
If they decide to send their daughter to private school then that’s there decision, but I don’t think she should be judged for that.

Reactions: 14
Imagine her and Mike both being benefitting from private educations, and then depriving your only daughter of that privilege, especially as money‘s not a problem.

Also why would any parent not want a higher standard of education for their child, due to better resources and smaller class sizes ?

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Imagine her and Mike both being benefitting from private educations, and then depriving your only daughter of that privilege, especially as money‘s not a problem.

Also why would any parent not want a higher standard of education for their child, due to better resources and smaller class sizes ?
Agreed. I can, and will, criticise Fleur for many things but if I were to have children, and the money to do so, I would absolutely send my children to private school.
My only experience of education before university was in state schools and if I can prevent my child from having to deal with the large class sizes, disruptive, scary behaviour and general misery that I experienced then I would absolutely do it. No question.

Reactions: 20
When I criticize an influencer, in this case Fleur, I don't automatically question everybody else who might make similar life choices. I was just voicing my opinion, which is really just that and not fact :) I don't hate people who send their children to private school because they believe it to be the best for their children.

Reactions: 9
The dress is giving brunch with the girls but the boots are giving climbing Everest what's going on babe x
No matter how bad she wants to rock biker chick/chunky boots and floral/vanilla Sammi jefocate… it just doesn’t work for her! She would look amazing in more fitted minimal silhouettes. A more fitting black ribbed black dress with a leather jacket and sneakers or boots would look fantastic on her! Compared to the floaty floral dresses that drown her.

Reactions: 19
Fleur has never nailed it with an outfit. Never. She tries so hard but it just never looks quite right.

Reactions: 18
Fleur has never nailed it with an outfit. Never. She tries so hard but it just never looks quite right.
Absolutely this. Doc Martens, *maybe* but if the dress is a bit shorter.
Trainers in the style of Adidas Stan Smiths, Veja (?) maybe.
Walking boots, no, Fleur you just get it wrong all the time.

Reactions: 12
The dress would be horrible even with nicer boots. Her new necklace is horrible too and looks like a deformed St. Brigid cross.

Reactions: 4
No, the Holly boots are Grenson Nanettes which Fleur also owns in some kind of beigey pony hair I think? These are AllSaints ripoffs.

Fleur... you don't wear black or dark brown boots in June. Any boots is pushing it.

Reactions: 5

Can you provide evidence on your claim that private schools are “exclusively white people”?

• Sick

if you have a look at this article, it shows that the proportion of non-white pupils in private schools is 25%, or it was back in 2012 when the article was written. According to the 2011 census, there was around 12% non white people living in the U.K.

So the proportion of ethnic minorities in private schools is actually higher than the general population. Or it was a few years ago, can’t imagine the data has changed drastically in a few years 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
wow she looks terrible. The dress is OK on her but the boots and her necklace aren't. why she's always trying to be rock an droll edgy, it doens't suit her at all, and she comes off as trying way too hard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.