Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Describing standard size bedrooms as ‘tiny’, she really is completely out of touch with the real world.
As someone who was also brought up rich - we never looked down on people and that bedroom isn't tiny it's the average bedroom size.

We volunteered in our local nursing home etc from the ages of 15 and had good parents
That’s the thing with people like her isn’t it? They always keep wanting more because they can have it. Its never really going to stop. They are very self involved and their world is so different from the rest. It’s very very rare to find down to earth , humble people among them. Fleur and Mike were raised like that and they know no different. She is never going to realise or even understand or care about any of it unless it happens to her. I just wish people would stop supporting or even engaging with such entitled people.

I feel the only sure shot way Fleur is going to feel bad or at least close to how we feel is if someone from a circle above hers would look down on her.
Like I do wonder did they never do community or charity work ? We did as kids and had to get jobs when we turned 18. I hope she doesn't raise River as entitled as she is but there's not a hope for that

Reactions: 10
The question is....was she already in her early yt days really good at faking empathy and being down to earth, or has she changed over the years? Because the Fleur I started watching in 2011 wasn't that much of an other-level snob she is today. Or at least she didn't seem to be. I always she she was rich, but one of things I used to like about her was the fact that she did seem somewhat self-aware. Despite the constant traveling and living in massive homes, she didn't seem as disconnected as she does now. But who knows....maybe she has always been sneaky.

Reactions: 8
The question is....was she already in her early yt days really good at faking empathy and being down to earth, or has she changed over the years? Because the Fleur I started watching in 2011 wasn't that much of an other-level snob she is today. Or at least she didn't seem to be. I always she she was rich, but one of things I used to like about her was the fact that she did seem somewhat self-aware. Despite the constant traveling and living in massive homes, she didn't seem as disconnected as she does now. But who knows....maybe she has always been sneaky.
I have watched her from the start and I completely get your point. She was different back then but what I feel is in the early days she was constantly travelling on YouTube brand trips with other girls. She was almost always on trips by herself. What we see now is a Fleur who doesn’t get as many brand deals as before for travelling mainly due to covid. So now she has to go on the family trips and it clearly shows exactly who she is because these trips are all chosen and planned by her. Previously her “work trips” were too much and it made up for lack of travel with family. But now she doesn’t have those anymore and we see how she actually really travels as it’s all her personal taste and not something planned by a brand.
I hope I could get my point .

She has always been very sneaky. I remember this one time when she was doing her wedding series. She was trying to be so relatable by telling that she really couldn’t go overboard on her wedding dress because they were planning a wedding and wanted a honeymoon in Thailand. She cribbed and cribbed about sticking to a budget for like a year before her wedding day. She said she might not even go for a honeymoon coz they were saving up and all that tit! But guess what? When it actually came to it the witch got a dress (which She said did go over budget) all the way from New York (oh the fuss at the airport was horrendous- true Fleur colors there if you watch that vlog) , actually bought a bloody huge house right before the wedding , had a grand wedding reception and the icing on the cake - went anyway to Thailand for her honeymoon. This is the time when it finally hit me that she is a sneaky witch! I never trusted anything she said about being relatable from then!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Has she ever had a job (other than YouTube/instagram/blogging)?
I feel like I was following her for a long time but I don't remember any mention of having worked for anyone?

Reactions: 5
I have watched her from the start and I completely get your point. She was different back then but what I feel is in the early days she was constantly travelling on YouTube brand trips with other girls. She was almost always on trips by herself. What we see now is a Fleur who doesn’t get as many brand deals as before for travelling mainly due to covid. So now she has to go on the family trips and it clearly shows exactly who she is because these trips are all chosen and planned by her. Previously her “work trips” were too much and it made up for lack of travel with family. But now she doesn’t have those anymore and we see how she actually really travels as it’s all her personal taste and not something planned by a brand.

She has always been very sneaky. I remember this one time when she was doing her wedding series. She was trying to be so relatable by telling that she really couldn’t go overboard on her wedding dress because they were planning a wedding and wanted a honeymoon in Thailand. She cribbed and cribbed about sticking to a budget for like a year before her wedding day. She said she might not even go for a honeymoon coz they were saving up and all that tit! But guess what? When it actually came to it the witch got a dress (which She said did go over budget) all the way from New York (oh the fuss at the airport was horrendous- true Fleur colors there if you watch that vlog) , actually bought a bloody huge house right before the wedding , had a grand wedding reception and the icing on the cake - went anyway to Thailand for her honeymoon. This is the time when it finally hit me that she is a sneaky witch! I never trusted anything she said about being relatable from then!
OMG I actually forgot about that, but you're right! She really tried to seem money-savvy and relatable back then, and yeah, I remember how weird it was that in the end she got everything she had talked about. Plus, so much of her wedding was sponsored. That was basically the point of her whole BridedeForce channel, even though she tried to play it off as Hannah's wedding planer thing. That I thought was truly sneaky, even back then. But I know many people fell for that and thought that Hannah was a genuine wedding planner and BridedeForce was just this nice extra thing for her fans.

Reactions: 12

Can you find the airport part? I really wannna see this

Reactions: 2
Back in the day I do think that she was playing up for the camera to seem more relatable, but she also was just a bit more normal. She still does it now with the comment about price of beyond meet burgers. She was definitely always rich, but not near as rich as she is now. She wouldn't be this rich if she wasn't married to Mike and let's not forget she makes a fortune as an influencer. I know some people here seem to think she does it for fun and freebies but I think it must be a huge earner for them and she loves getting more money. Her sister or his sisters aren't that rich in comparison. Anyone else with any shame and enough money would have packed it in by now.

Reactions: 9
It's this vlog
There were extenuating circumstances because of what was going on with her dog Woof and I can't watch this again (I'm a sap) so maybe I missed some context but I really felt for her when this vlog came out. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
It’s her vlog titled The Worst Day.
This vlog on its own is sad because of her dog. But you really need to watch her wedding series to see why the airport scene was too much.

Why is she so against having a house/garden tour? Is it because she thinks people will figure out where she lives? Or because her and Mike are into some weird stuff?

Why is she so against having a house/garden tour? Is it because she thinks people will figure out where she lives? Or because her and Mike are into some weird stuff?
I think it’s because she doesn’t want to explicitly show their vast wealth. If her followers truly know how wealthy they are, they might not continue to support her or keep swiping up.

Reactions: 22
When she first started youtube she was still in university if I remember correctly so maybe being around “normal” people helped her stay a bit more grounded but now she’s just surrounded by rich and privileged friends and family (pre pandemic at least). Guess she “forgot” how normal folks live

Reactions: 6
I think it’s because she doesn’t want to explicitly show their vast wealth. If her followers truly know how wealthy they are, they might not continue to support her or keep swiping up.
Agreed. Her wealth is such that it risks making her unrelateable. She needs to be careful she doesn't look detached from the masses who've been long term loyal. - 'our gardener has been so busy while we were away'...oh Fleur seriously.

Reactions: 11
I've think you've got to remember too all the people she came along with in the YouTube world - the "golden age" of Zoella et al sat on their bedroom floors chatting about what they'd got from Boots. I remember her doing a what's in my bag video with Louise Pentland and the contrast between them (Fleur had Chanel EVERYTHING and Louise just a lil Topshop bag, and she wasn't exactly on the breadline herself) was stark haha

She's lucky too that she got married before all of the ASA regulations came along, she hardly paid for anything. I wonder what sort of grand affair they'd have if they got married now...

Reactions: 11
Back in the day I do think that she was playing up for the camera to seem more relatable, but she also was just a bit more normal. She still does it now with the comment about price of beyond meet burgers. She was definitely always rich, but not near as rich as she is now. She wouldn't be this rich if she wasn't married to Mike and let's not forget she makes a fortune as an influencer. I know some people here seem to think she does it for fun and freebies but I think it must be a huge earner for them and she loves getting more money. Her sister or his sisters aren't that rich in comparison. Anyone else with any shame and enough money would have packed it in by now.
This. While both Fleur and Mike grew up wealthy, they wouldn't have necessarily had access to a lot of money. Back in the early days Fleur was still growing her audience and wasn't bringing in the kind of money she has in the past few years. Also, Mike only became CEO about 2-3 years ago, so while he was working in the family business and would have been clearly making good money it wouldn't have been what he is making right now. They were also given a very expensive house and I doubt they would have been able to afford that themselves. I think its the combination of now having access to a lot more ££££ and that in the early youtube days most of her peers were a lot less well off too. But now so many of them have £1 mil house and nice cars etc. so she probably feels more comfortable showing that side off because others do too. But she is very careful to not show the full extent of it.

With the comment about beyond burgers and things like that, we do also have to keep in mind that a lot of wealthy people are also very cheap. As my dad would always say that's how they've got the millions. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 14
I just don't know how she can listen to herself with a straight face. Showing off the new tiles in the "dog room" when many people have been locked down in a studio apartment for the best part of a year. Get a grip Fleur.

Reactions: 16
She seems to be more comfortable with flaunting her wealth lately to her peasant followers. I've noticed a bit of a DGAF attitude since Dubai.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.