Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chanel Chance
Tom Ford - Velvet Orchid

For day to day I tend to wear Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom or Peony & Blush Suede.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
When I was a little girl I used to go with my Mum and Dad to meet a friend of theirs who was a business woman in Nottingham - she would come to London now and then for meetings.I thought she was so incredibly stylish and chic, and we always met her in pretty swanky central London hotels - anyway she always wore Rive Gauche by YSL, still does. I have always associated it with her and being sophisticated and stylish (she had this amazing Mary Quant haircut) but it’s a pretty big scent and much as I always liked the smell, never felt I could wear it. Anyway, I bought myself some when I was 40 and finally felt grown up enough to wear it. It’s my work scent, good in autumn and winter - not so much when it’s warmer. I just go and have a sniff sometimes and I’m back at table height in some lush, cream carpeted, piano tinkling hotel lounge.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love halfeti from penahligons, every time I wear this I get a ton of people asking me what perfume I am wearing, it s not the cheapest but does last quite well..can also sometimes get it on eBay for a bit less!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love halfeti from penahligons, every time I wear this I get a ton of people asking me what perfume I am wearing, it s not the cheapest but does last quite well..can also sometimes get it on eBay for a bit less!
Me too halfeti is my favourite closely followed by vaara

I'm obsessed with perfumes and have a lot! My favourites at the moment are Penhaligons halfeti (I love unisex veering on the masculine side fragrances)I have loads by Penhaligons tho and also love vaara, Kensington amber, malabah and lothair. For a more feminine smell clandestine Clara is nice.
I have recently discovered maison margiela and my favourite of there's is By the fireplace it's amazing for autumn winter and just smells so comforting. I also like jazz club and have just bought small bottles of lazy Sunday morning and beach walk which are both gorgeous for Summer (I'm going to buy the big bottle of beach walk it's Divine and the silage was pretty good I sprayed it on my top and could still smell it hours later) For Jo malone favourites are pomegranate noir (lasts ages on me) and myrhh and tonka although I find that's not as long lasting which is strange as it's an intense one. I could go on all day special mentions to Tom Ford black orchid which I have worn for years and allure by Chanel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Me too halfeti is my favourite closely followed by vaara

I'm obsessed with perfumes and have a lot! My favourites at the moment are Penhaligons halfeti (I love unisex veering on the masculine side fragrances)I have loads by Penhaligons tho and also love vaara, Kensington amber, malabah and lothair. For a more feminine smell clandestine Clara is nice.
I have recently discovered maison margiela and my favourite of there's is By the fireplace it's amazing for autumn winter and just smells so comforting. I also like jazz club and have just bought small bottles of lazy Sunday morning and beach walk which are both gorgeous for Summer (I'm going to buy the big bottle of beach walk it's Divine and the silage was pretty good I sprayed it on my top and could still smell it hours later) For Jo malone favourites are pomegranate noir (lasts ages on me) and myrhh and tonka although I find that's not as long lasting which is strange as it's an intense one. I could go on all day special mentions to Tom Ford black orchid which I have worn for years and allure by Chanel.
I love Penhaligons, love Clara also, its my second favourite followed by Cairo and Oud de Nil :)

I have tried the new Halfeti Leather, but I did not like it as much as the original.

• Heart
I love Penhaligons, love Clara also, its my second favourite followed by Cairo and Oud de Nil :)

I have tried the new Halfeti Leather, but I did not like it as much as the original.
Ah I love the smell of Cairo but just found it didn't last on me at all . I love oud de nil too I love all of the trade routes collection. That's disappointing about the new halfeti that was next on my hit list I'm a bit obsessed! I love juniper sling and blenheim bouquet too for light day time fragrances.

Ah I love the smell of Cairo but just found it didn't last on me at all . I love oud de nil too I love all of the trade routes collection. That's disappointing about the new halfeti that was next on my hit list I'm a bit obsessed!
Halfeti leather is not bad, it still has the same notes as the original, but it has more of the Arab style of Oud I personally found it quite outdated similar to the pungent smell in harrods if you know what I mean :)

Reactions: 2
Halfeti leather is not bad, it still has the same notes as the original, but it has more of the Arab style of Oud I personally found it quite outdated similar to the pungent smell in harrods if you know what I mean :)
I wish! I'm a northerner with a penchant for expensive perfume (and handbags but that's a different thread!) 😂

Wood sage and sea salt by Jo Malone
White jasmine and mint JM
Flowerbomb
Samsara by Guerlain
Obsession CK
Bronze goddess

Wood sage and sea salt by Jo Malone
White jasmine and mint JM
Flowerbomb
Samsara by Guerlain
Obsession CK
Dark amber and ginger lily JM

Not sure how niche it is but I like Juliette Has A Gun, particularly Not A Perfume and Lady Vengeance

I just bought Glossier Me and can’t see what the fuss is about, a bit meh

India Hicks Island night, a collab she did with crabtree and evelyn - smells incredible, got discontinued years ago :(

Molecule 01 of Amazon is lovely I smelt it on a customer at work bought some for myself and always get comments when I wear it.

Another stolen of a customer is Elizabeth Arden white tea,

Agent provocateur pink fatale is nice too

All time fave is coco chanel mademoiselle 😍

I remember wearing Far Away by Avon god about 25yrs ago, you could smell people wearing it a mile off.
I recently bought some and I don’t know if it was fake but it never smelt the same.

narciso rodriguez for her Is my absolute favourite
I literally always get complimented I think because it’s abit more unusual than the big brands

Reactions: 3
I love Insolence by Guarlain. I used to wear Theirry Mugler Angel and Karma from Lush too. Wearing Connock London Kukui af the minute- I like sweet perfume.

Alien by Thierry Mugler
Addict by Dior

Nothing like getting a waft of Tommy Girl to take me back to being 16. 😂
Yes -Tommy Girl was the smell of high school.

My nana wore a perfume called 4711 and the smell of that makes me feel nostalgic..

Ah I love this thread already! 😍
a few of my favourites are ...

Paco Rabanne - Olympea, Pure XS
Valentino - Born In Roma
Versace - Crystal Noir
Marc Jacobs - Decadence

Currently wear
Chloe by Chloe
Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel

I like clean scents and floral ones but can't stand sweet, vanilla fragrances.

Years ago I wore Dali by Salvador Dali, i was obsessed with it. Would buy it in Europe on holiday with my parents and loved it. I'm sure its discontinued now.
Also wore Anais Anais, Charlie Red, Davidoff Cool Water, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and Romance by Ralph Lauren. I loved Beautiful by Estee Lauder too. Any of those smells take me back to those times in my life!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.