Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Roberto Cavalli
Lancome - Tresor
Marc Jacobs - Daisy (black and gold bottle)
Givenchy - very irresistible (Eau de toilette version) parfum is to strong!

in my youth i loved poison/ Calvin Klein Obsession / Versace jeans

Reactions: 1
My favourite perfume is Deep Red by Hugo Boss, I use it all the time, to me it smells wonderful and I can still smell it on me hours later, I have been wearing/using it for many years now, one of the best gifts my hubby has even given me, he said the only reason he thought I would like it was because the colour of the glass bottle was different to the others in the cabinet, so glad he went with that theory because I loved the smell as soon as I smelt it.
My boyfriend bought me this for my birthday this year. I've always worn Chanel so it's really different but I love the light smell which is perfect for summer.

Reactions: 2
I used to get Eden perfumes when I went vegan but found they went ‘off’ or the little pressers would always jam and I could never get any perfume out!

I just use Shay and Blue now. Good deals on amazon and QVC to be had, they’re cruelty free with lots of vegan options and don’t smell synthetic (I think the creators were involved with Jo Malone at some point).

What does it smell like, hard to describe I know 🤣
Hard to describe indeed haha - well their selling point is that it apparently contains pheromones that react to your skin so it smells different for everyone, but it’s quite sweet and musky. I love it! Only £45 for a bottle that has lasted me over a year now too so quite good value!

I like slutty strong perfumes 🤣

Poison/Pure Poison - Dior
Black Opium - YSL
Black for Her - Narciso Rodriguez (everyone compliments this one)
Sì - Armani
Lost Cherry - Tom Ford
Aventus for her - Creed
For Her - Chloe

I also had fondness for Glow by JLo 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tabac Vanille TF
Good girl gone bad Kilian
Laya by Neemah
Lady vengeance JHAG
Narciso Rodriguez For Her
Coco Mademoiselle

Used to love Flowerbomb and La Vie est Belle when I was younger!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love YSL Black Opium. Also used to like Michael Kors- the original fragrance but unfortunately associated with an ex-boyfriend so can’t wear it without feeling emotional!

Rituals- Dao and Philosophy- Pure Grace

They smell like freshly cleaned clothes, like how your skin smells after a shower 😍

I started this thread because I was a bit put out by my perfume I put on today. Brand new, though bought last year but kept sealed in a box - Tom Ford’s neroli potifino. It lasted about an hour and then faded! It’s not cheap, so any tips on how to make them last longer?!
It’s the same with Jo Malone. I have 2 and neither have much longevity 😤
Tom Ford doesn’t last on me either. I love Chanel coromandel and br540 at the minute

• Heart
Clarins -Eau Dynamisante, especially in hot weather .
Estée Lauder -Bronze Goddess Skinscent.
La Labo-Noir
Flowerbomb
Shalimar
Mitsouko
Lancôme -Poeme

I’ve never really been a Chanel fan but I do like their aftershaves -Allure in particular.
Yay another Shalimar fan!

• Heart
My favourite is Byredo Bal D’afrique it’s not like any other perfume so I am always getting compliments. You can get it in Space NK.

Reactions: 6
Tabac Vanille TF
Good girl gone bad Kilian
Laya by Neemah
Lady vengeance JHAG
Narciso Rodriguez For Her
Coco Mademoiselle

Used to love Flowerbomb and La Vie est Belle when I was younger!
Lady vengeance is gorgeous !
we have similar taste ❤

• Heart
I like to change it up but the ones that are permanently on my shelf are Ghost in white and more recent years, Glossier’s perfume. I also really like Dior Poison.
not a fan of Flowerbomb, as so many people are here wear it and wear wayyyy too much of it.

Ok guys I don’t know if anyone will be able to help here but there is a perfume I have LOVED since I was a child and still to this day I don’t know what it is.

I was in a restaurant maybe 20 years ago and the waitress serving us smelt amazing and it was this really expensive smelling like sweet vanilla scent. I asked my mum what it was and all I remember her saying is it was too expensive for me but I was 8 at the time so I dunno if that means it is actually a really premium one or not.

Over the years and even nowadays I still smell it on people but I’ve never been in the right situation to ask someone what it is! I just instantly recognise the smell and the only way I can describe it is very sweet and vanilla.

Anyone got any ideas!? Long shot I know 😂 But I will take note of any suggestions and when I next can I will go hunting it down haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tom Ford doesn’t last on me either. I love Chanel coromandel and br540 at the minute
Baccarat rouge? MFK? 😍 I have a squish of this when I go in John Lewis. His Oud one was the first expensive perfumes I bought from Liberty. I went in at the deep end 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I have Satin Oud, too. An old guy at work said it smells like baby powder 😑

My all-time favourite is Hypnose by Lancome. I think it's very distinctive and I don't think I'll ever tire of it but these days I just save it for special occasions. I think perfume is amazing for transporting you back in time. One sniff of Nina by Nina Ricci and I'm back walking down Gran Via in Madrid in my student days. Absolute bliss.

Other favourites are Zara Flor de Azahar, YSL Black Opium, Lancome Tresor and I love the La Vie Est Belle Intensement but I don't actually own a bottle as I don't have the cash to spend on expensive perfumes these days. Now I just have lots of fun trying Primark and Lidl fragrances for everyday scents. I picked one up in Lidl a few weeks ago that's a total rip-off of D&G Light Blue. Only lasts a couple of hours but is was £4.99 so what the heck? As I result For Summer I also love all the limited edition Escada ones.

My very favourite is Anais Anais, largely because my mum wore it and I was obsessed with the adverts. I also love Coco Mademoiselle and No 5, in different moods. I also just love single floral scents like bluebell, rose or jasmine. I just bought a cheap scent from Aldi that smells of burying your nose in the heart of a rose. They fade quickly though. I just rub vaseline in where I'll spray it and it lingers a bit longer.

Reactions: 3
I just bought a cheap scent from Aldi that smells of burying your nose in the heart of a rose. They fade quickly though. I just rub vaseline in where I'll spray it and it lingers a bit longer.
Ooh good tip, thanks!x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.