Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite ever is Coco Madmoiselle followed very closely by Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess.
These are both pretty pricey though so I like to have some cheaper ones in my stash to use on the daily.

The best high street perfumes are Zara’s. They are so affordable and so nice! They have so many to chose from too. One of my recent favourites is Deep Garden it’s gorgeous.
For anyone on a budget who loves Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess, Summer Sun by Next is a very good dupe and it's £14 for 100ml.

Reactions: 7
I may sound mediocre, but I really like Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue. I have all the perfumes in the world but I still end up wearing this one.
Especially Giorgio Armani's Sí makes my head spin 🤯

I started this thread because I was a bit put out by my perfume I put on today. Brand new, though bought last year but kept sealed in a box - Tom Ford’s neroli potifino. It lasted about an hour and then faded! It’s not cheap, so any tips on how to make them last longer?!
It’s the same with Jo Malone. I have 2 and neither have much longevity 😤
I find that with any perfume that I put on, doesn’t matter what the price tag is it just doesn’t last on me 🥴

Reactions: 1
I have way too many perfumes, but by far my 2 favs are Tiffany & co and Kenzo world (the nude bottle)

I also love
Gucci bloom and bamboo
Versace Eros and bright crystal
Prada candy pop
Mugler aura

I bought a balenciaga one and it was 🤢🤢🤢🤢
And then I gave loads of lower end ‘cheaper’ fragrances!

And I don’t know if anyone remembers this but I wish they would bring back Jean Paul Gaultier - Fragile! I am gutted they discontinued it!!!

And I don’t know if anyone remembers this but I wish they would bring back Jean Paul Gaultier - Fragile! I am gutted they discontinued it!!!
Yes!!! I loved Fragile. Originally bought it because I liked the snow globe bottle but then fell in love with the smell too

• Heart
My faves are:
Alien
D&G number 4 (lasts ages)
Elizabeth Arden: sunflowers
Vk eternity
Armani diamond
And victor and Rolf flowerbomb.

I have a few favourites

Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gio (discontinued many years ago 😒)
Christian Dior - Dolce Vita
Marc Jacobs - Decadence
Burberry - Touch
Anna Sui - Sui dreams

I was recommended Hugo Boss - Deep Red by a relative when we went shopping. I couldn't smell the scent as I had a cold however my relative said how wonderful the fragrance was and I would love it. Stupid be bought it and it was the worst perfume I've ever had - kept making me sneeze. I did like Hugo Boss - Woman

I have a huge selection of perfume and they all seem to be my favourite, lol.

Jo Malone (loved it for YEARS, annoyed it became "popular" thanks to influencers):
Mimosa & Cardamon
Earl Grey & Cucumber
Sea Salt & Wood Sage
Pomegranate Noir
Basil & Neroli
Blackberry & Bay
Tuberose Angelica
Wild Bluebell
Wisteria & Violet (this was from an old limited collection so I use it sparingly).

Le Labo: Neroli 36 and Rose 31.

Chanel: Chance...such a beautiful scent, especially on my skin in winter when the air is colder.

Cartier: Baiser Vole...smells like lily flowers, quite granny-ish but I LOVE it.

Guerlain: La Petite Robe Noire, another really nice one for winter.

Gucci: Guilty. A nice evening scent and I get compliments when I wear it.

YSL: Mon Paris. - another one I get compliments on.

Dior: Miss Dior. More compliments, lol.

Burberry: Her. Very pretty scent.

Marc Jacobs: Dot and Daisy. Nice inoffensive everyday scents.

Estee Lauder: Bronze Goddess. Perfect summer smell.

Clinique: Happy. Another summer one.

Tommy Girl. Cheap as chips but such a nice every day one and I ALWAYS get people asking what it is, haha.

Stella Mccartney for women: Really nice evening smell.

Gucci: Bloom Acqua di Fior. Smells like cut grass in my mind. LOVE it.

Dolce & Gabbana: Floral Drops.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Molecule 01, Hanae Mori Butterfly, Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot, Velvet Rose & Oud and Cardamon & Mimosa, Burberry Body, Chanel Gabrielle and Mademoiselle. I also like Creed Aventus (male) - very masculine but I love that smell. I loved the old Ghost perfume in the moon shaped bottle, wore that back in the day.

Oh and YSL Manifesto - very underrated perfume IMO!

I always wear Thierry Mugler Alien but have been wearing Superdrug blossom eau de toilette during lockdown as I didn’t want to waste my good perfume . It is very similar to alien and only £5. Doesn’t last as long but also isn’t as strong which is a bonus for some people .
I also love jimmy choo fever , it’s lovely xxx

Reactions: 4
Love this thread!!

Some of my faves: Estee lauder bronze godess, Jimmy choo blossom (my wedding scent 💛) Jean paul gaultier classic, miss Dior, Armani code.

Next just pink reminds me of being a teenager and my first kiss 🤣

Whoever mentioned rive gauche - my mum wore it all the time when I was a child. It reminds me of her and i love it still. I have memories of it being on her dressing table.

Whoever said zara do a ysl dupe, I am going to order that to try. Are any other zara fragrances nice?

Thierry Mugler - Alien. I’ve got a bottle every year for Christmas for the last 10 years.

I love it!

My favourite is Byredo Bal D’afrique it’s not like any other perfume so I am always getting compliments. You can get it in Space NK.
I got an 'inspired by' version of that by essens and they are fairly reliable and it was lovely. It reminded me of Prada Infusion d'Iris which is a summer favourite, reminds me of summers in Paris.

I go through a lot of perfume, i am sure i smell like a hures handbag. I keep going back to JPG Classique and various twists in this like intense, la belle and scandal a paris. Formulas keep changing and ruining my scent memory. What is going on with angel?! I loved their lily angel version Le Lys, i wore that on my wedding day and kept a sample in a memory box.If i really want to stink out a room i go for aromatics elixir. I got a mini bottle of Dior Poison Tendre when i was about 12 which i wore to school, i miss that smell.I remember a teacher asking what i was wearing! I lost my virginity wearing flowerbomb ha but that thankfully didnt put me off and i still buy it. I fell in love with my husband while wearing Coco Madamoiselle and Chance, still buy both of those.

I love smelling someone's perfume when they walk past or when they have left and it still lingers! I love layering bath and body works lotions and sprays too and making my own sets😍😍😍😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.