Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My all time fav is probably chance - Chanel just love it, black opium a close second
I will always have a love for Gucci Rush it was my fav scent as a teen.
I also love Gucci by Gucci but the pink version , it’s discontinued but I managed to find a bottle in an outlet in Canada! Im trying to use is sparingly lol!

Reactions: 2
May I ask what age you are? It’s just whilst I find Chanel#5 lovely then I feel like it’s an older women’s smell if you see what I mean?
32 My mother is French and I think it's because I associate it with her all dressed up, and sweeping out for the evening.
Husband hates it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
32 My mother is French and I think it's because I associate it with her all dressed up, and sweeping out for the evening.
Husband hates it. 😂
Plus didn’t Marilyn Monroe say that the only thing she wore to bed was Chanel#5?! Very sexy but useless if you are sleeping alone 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had never been complimented on a perfume before I started wearing You by Glossier. Now (before lockdown I mean) I would have comments about once a week! 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
May I ask what age you are? It’s just whilst I find Chanel#5 lovely then I feel like it’s an older women’s smell if you see what I mean?
Im 35 and i've been wearing it for about 10 years on and off! It is 'of a certain era' and not modern at all but its also an absolute classic and has that lovely soapy smell.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Perfume sometimes gives me headache, I love Noir29 by Le Labo.

The DKNY Green Apple reminds me of my youth, not loving it now though but it brings back so much memories

Reactions: 3
If you find a fragrance doesn’t last on you it might just not suit your skin, fragrance can smell totally different on different people too so make sure you try it on your skin and have a wander round before committing to buying, as the smell will develop and smell different an hour or so later. So many things can affect how a fragrance smells on you, as we get older it will change how it behaves on your skin for example. Even taking certain medications can make a scent smell different to what we are used to. Of course we get used to a scent when wearing it too, you may not smell it on you but may get other people complimenting you. I always wear fragrance on my clothes as well as skin as it holds the fragrance longer than on skin, as your skin is alive. I won’t be able to smell my perfume on myself at the end of the day but then when im getting clothes out of the washing basket I can smell it again a few days later.

Reactions: 11
I like woody fragrances and chypres - which are warm and dry.

Lancome - Magie Noire - sadly hard to get now but available on Amazon sometimes
Mugler - Alien
Guerlain - Samsara - old fashioned I know but I still love it
Estee Lauder - Knowing - quite strong but still fabulous. I spray in on my scarves and it really lasts.
Madame Rochas - stunning. Majestic.
Tom Ford"s Tabac Vanille (ridiculously expensive - my sister gave it to me because she didn't like it) I get a fake one from Divain now.

Divain is a company which sells fragrances by numbers - they are their takes on the famous ones. Not bad really when times are hard. I only use it for this last fragrance which is well out of my budget.

Reactions: 3
Ooooh, I like this thread. I am AWFUL at explaining scents but here we go:

My all time favourite perfume is Honey by Marc Jacobs. I also like Jean Paul Gautier - Scandal. I think they both smell gorgeous, quite light. I can't stand Chloe perfume or coco Chanel, it stings my nose!

I also got perfume from Lush which is really sweet floral scented, called 'Amelie Mae'. It's really strong if heavily sprayed but long lasting and I get loads of compliments on it!

Reactions: 1
I’ve just got back into the original Stella McCartney perfume as she’s a cruelty free brand.

Anyone else know of good perfumes that are cruelty free?

My favourite perfume is Deep Red by Hugo Boss, I use it all the time, to me it smells wonderful and I can still smell it on me hours later, I have been wearing/using it for many years now, one of the best gifts my hubby has even given me, he said the only reason he thought I would like it was because the colour of the glass bottle was different to the others in the cabinet, so glad he went with that theory because I loved the smell as soon as I smelt it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Perfume sometimes gives me headache, I love Noir29 by Le Labo.

The DKNY Green Apple reminds me of my youth, not loving it now though but it brings back so much memories
Love that le labo one. I have another 13 and santal 33, too. I first heard of the brand when I got the Liberty advent calendar.

I often thought about buying some of the copies of perfumes I’m interested in and then If I don’t get on with them, I’ve not spent a fortune. I don’t really like “blind buying” perfumes, I need to have smelt it beforehand.
I've tried an Eden version of a Tom Ford which was lovely - sort of leathery and bitter chocolate - I think it was about £18.
Lots of people on another thread love Perfume Parlour. I meant to try them but they are temporarily closed due to Covid. The prices are ridiculously cheap - from £3 - but apparently the copies are really good, faithful and long lasting. So really worth dabbling with a perfume you might be unsure about.

Clarins -Eau Dynamisante, especially in hot weather .
Estée Lauder -Bronze Goddess Skinscent.
La Labo-Noir
Flowerbomb
Shalimar
Mitsouko
Lancôme -Poeme

I’ve never really been a Chanel fan but I do like their aftershaves -Allure in particular.

Reactions: 4
Clarins -Eau Dynamisante, especially in hot weather .
Estée Lauder -Bronze Goddess Skinscent.
La Labo-Noir
Flowerbomb
Shalimar
Mitsouko
Lancôme -Poeme

I’ve never really been a Chanel fan but I do like their aftershaves -Allure in particular.
I love Poeme!! Another classic nostalgic scent

Ralph Lauren Romance. Wore on my wedding day and always makes me happy. Chanel No5 L'Eau and last but not least Narcisco Rodriguez the pink one! My top3.

I love issey miyake it lasts all day and I think it smells gorgeous, my husband wears the men’s one of it aswell 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.