Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bec3007

VIP Member
My all time fav is YSL Black Opium. It’s pricey but I love it, I’ve been using it for around 5 years now and I’m still not bored of the scent and I always get complimented on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
What do you think of oriental perfumes? I recently blind bought Kenzo Jungle L'elephant and kind of like but, but it doesn't see to suit my personality...
I really like it, it was mum's favourite perfume and always got compliments wearing it. She passed away last year and there was a bottle on her dressing table which I've kept but haven't been able to bring myself to wear it yet 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Scullybob

VIP Member
Im 35 and i've been wearing it for about 10 years on and off! It is 'of a certain era' and not modern at all but its also an absolute classic and has that lovely soapy smell.
I dislike Chanel 5. Years ago, a woman in my office wore it. She must have had a terrible diet or bowel problem, because she was always doing extremely foul smelling number 2s at work and spraying the cubicle with Chanel No5. Unfortunately, it didn't get rid of the stench, it just sort of mixed in with it, leaving a pooey/No5 combination in the air which hung around for hours and made me heave. Now, every time I smell Chanel No5 all I can smell is pooh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

theghosttown

VIP Member
Aahh my kind of thread!

The scent I get complimented on the most is Hermes - Eau de merveilles - it’s spicy but not over powering. It is my absolute favourite

I also absolute love;
Valentino - Valentina
Lancôme - La vie est Belle
Armani - Code
Prada - Candy
Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

Le Labo have a large variety of fragrances, very niche and very pricey but long lasting.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

When I was a little girl I used to go with my Mum and Dad to meet a friend of theirs who was a business woman in Nottingham - she would come to London now and then for meetings.I thought she was so incredibly stylish and chic, and we always met her in pretty swanky central London hotels - anyway she always wore Rive Gauche by YSL, still does. I have always associated it with her and being sophisticated and stylish (she had this amazing Mary Quant haircut) but it’s a pretty big scent and much as I always liked the smell, never felt I could wear it. Anyway, I bought myself some when I was 40 and finally felt grown up enough to wear it. It’s my work scent, good in autumn and winter - not so much when it’s warmer. I just go and have a sniff sometimes and I’m back at table height in some lush, cream carpeted, piano tinkling hotel lounge.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I love Pomegranate Noir. When I started buying it about 6 years ago it was £58. Expensive but I loved it.
Now it’s £102 and I refuse to spend as much as that.

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Favourite daily perfume is Fantasy by Britney Spears. It's been my scent since I was at school and I just haven't found anything as nice or cheap for day to day.

Favourite 'nice' perfume is Valentino - Valentina 😍
i don’t care that I’m not 12 Britney does some bloody good perfume 🤣😂🤣
That might be the one I’m thinking of 🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Nelly

My favourite perfume is Deep Red by Hugo Boss, I use it all the time, to me it smells wonderful and I can still smell it on me hours later, I have been wearing/using it for many years now, one of the best gifts my hubby has even given me, he said the only reason he thought I would like it was because the colour of the glass bottle was different to the others in the cabinet, so glad he went with that theory because I loved the smell as soon as I smelt it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Delia Smith

VIP Member
I love perfume. But I’m old fashioned - The heavier the scent the better! I’ve just bought Sunny Side Up by Juliette Has A Gun. This will be my summer scent ! It’s a coconutty, slightly musky scent.
My all time favourites are the classic Chanel no5 and the original Coco (not madamoiselle).
also love Dior Hypnotic Poison. It smells like Play Dough :)
Also love Narciso (original in the cream bottle) and for a rose perfume I like Stella McCartney.

Pattycake19

If you find a fragrance doesn’t last on you it might just not suit your skin, fragrance can smell totally different on different people too so make sure you try it on your skin and have a wander round before committing to buying, as the smell will develop and smell different an hour or so later. So many things can affect how a fragrance smells on you, as we get older it will change how it behaves on your skin for example. Even taking certain medications can make a scent smell different to what we are used to. Of course we get used to a scent when wearing it too, you may not smell it on you but may get other people complimenting you. I always wear fragrance on my clothes as well as skin as it holds the fragrance longer than on skin, as your skin is alive. I won’t be able to smell my perfume on myself at the end of the day but then when im getting clothes out of the washing basket I can smell it again a few days later.

Loopy1981

I sprayed on some chanel coco mademoiselle this morning at the airport and can still smell it now 10 hours later. I really love it!

• Heart

Lipgoss

Alien 👽
Daisy dream
Loverdose

and still even at 28.... sucker for a Britney Spears perfume 🤣🤣🤣 curious has always been my favourite since I was about 12 🤣🤣
I briefly dated a guy a couple of years ago that wore Britney Spears Fantasy 🤣 I didn’t find out until I started staying over, as he did wear a men’s fragrance our first few dates... I mean it does smell nice, but looking back it was probably a lucky escape when I broke it off (not because of the perfume! 😅)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Sheva

Fragrantica is amazing for finding cheaper versions of the expensive ones. I can spend hours on there reading reviews!

• Heart

Raininvain

VIP Member
I get mine now from Eden perfumes in Brighton, they are vegan and do copies of all the major perfumes for £18.00. I think they are good and the smell lasts as well.

• Heart
So delighted I found this thread love and collect perfumes, have a substantial collection from through the years fell in love at first sniff twice in my life first was the original formula of Dior Hypnotic Poison edt and second was Armani Si which is now my signature scent. Other perfumes I love are every single Jean Paul Gaultier especially Essence De Parfum and La Belle, Dior Poison Girl edp, Dior Pure Poison, Dior Addict, Lancome Hypnose, Lancome Tresor, Estee Lauder Beautiful, Estee Lauder Spellbound, Guerlain Shalimar Souffle Intense, Guerlain Insolence, Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire and the intense version, Prada Candy Gloss, Elie Saab Girl of Now, Lolita Lempicka Lolitaland, Roberto Cavalli edp, Marc Jacobs Dot, Honey and Daisy, Armani Code Satin, Kenzo Flower L'Elixir, Chanel Coco Noir and Madamoiselle Intense. Discontinued perfumes I wish they would bring back are Cacharel Gloria, Dior Midnight Poison, Marc Jacobs Violet, Pink Honey, Lola and Oh Lola!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
I like slutty strong perfumes 🤣

Poison/Pure Poison - Dior
Black Opium - YSL
Black for Her - Narciso Rodriguez (everyone compliments this one)
Sì - Armani
Lost Cherry - Tom Ford
Aventus for her - Creed
For Her - Chloe

I also had fondness for Glow by JLo 🙃

• Haha

Keikochan

VIP Member
What do you think of oriental perfumes? I recently blind bought Kenzo Jungle L'elephant and kind of like but, but it doesn't see to suit my personality...
Cinema by YSL is a beautiful oriental scent. It's expense but imo totally worth it. If you can test it, I'd def recommend doing so! It's warm & spicy. When I wear it I feel opulent.

What are some nice fresh clean scent perfumes? Xx
I recently blind bought Turquoise by Michael Kors. It says it smells like the ocean, I can picture that when I smell it, as in fresh like the ocean, not sea salty. It doesn't smell like a beach, more like you are floating in the middle of the ocean. I hope this makes sense. Anyways, I think it's nice. If you can test it, hopefully you'll like it! 🌊🧜‍♀️

• Heart

rubicon

My faves of all time:

Marc Jacobs Daisy original - clean and fresh very classic scent, reminds me of my friends mum who’s very successful and independent and makes me feel like a boss when I wear it🤣 would drench myself if it was cheaper. Pretty bottle too.

Glossier You - similarly, very clean smelling, my old housemate had it and I used to use it all the time.. makes you smell like you’ve got a trust fund but perhaps that’s just me associating it with my rich mate 😅

Now the wild card:

Charlotte tilbury scent of a dream. My other half says it’s the nicest woman’s perfume he’s ever smelled. It’s musky and sexy and when first applied it smells old ladyish But after an hour it just smells of classic sex appeal. It’s the kind of perfume where if someone wore it and slept in your bed you’d be sniffing their pillow the next morning to get a whiff of it.

If anyone orders from CT I urge you to get a sample of this or try it at their counters 👌🏼

As you can tell I tend to associate certain fragrances with class/wealth/sex appeal 🤣

These are all £50+ so if anyone has similar cheap recommendations please tell!! X