Fathering Autism #9 Eat and Travel as much as we wanna, we're spreading awareness and Corona

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
watching them set up this routine for the day is just...making me cringe. "she'll wake up and want to chill in the morning, so maybe an activity late morning?" the activity will be ten minutes of helping her mom with assembling packages. then the afternoon activity will be speech therapy and then going to the park. "outside time in the morning on the patio." what does that mean? just more of you guys on your phones while she walks around, but outside this time?

just...yikes. I agree with him saying that not everything has to be an hour long activity, that ten minutes of stimulation is better than none (conveniently, myself and others have mentioned that here multiple times...). and they should be doing more of these brief activities (including breaking out sensory play, puzzles, etc.) that engage her. but is that the attitude that they think JSA takes? that when she gets to school she just chills and then does ten minutes of an activity and then waits for the afternoon for the next activity? they should still be keeping a structure with her. still get her up in the morning, get her dressed and ready like a regular day. give her breaks throughout the day as she needs but still have multiple tasks with her, keep her stimulated and engaged, not just for one morning activity.

I'm curious to see the "autism homeschooling!" vlogs that are inevitably coming, to see how much they actually do with her, and how long they keep up with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well now we know for sure he is reading here because I just asked a couple days ago the difference in a tantrum or meltdown and guess what he talked about tonight.
LOL I just stopped mid-vlog to say this...you asked and I gave the little speech he just gave in response. (because hes always said the same thing. ) Then Isaiah jumped in, (a poor actor like P) and says "Do you think since we know her we know the difference...."
AND...
Asa mentioned people commenting about P touching her face.
AND...
Asa: Abbie hates routines, Abbie loves chaos!
Also Asa: We need to work on a schedule immediately or she'll freak out.
AND...a plug for one of P's miracle creams to help the dead skin on Abbies arm.
AND..they cant mention corona or they wont get paid...but are clearly clueless. They must never get off social media if they drove all the way home and had no idea things had escalated. Frkn fools. Ok..finishing vlog now. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
people usually say intellectual/developmental/learning disability:)
I use to have therapy animals that I would take to ARC group homes, nursing homes, different autistic events, hospitals . At the time I was doing this (stopped 3 years ago) the preferred term was developmentally disabled. All I know is if abbie was at any of the venues I took my animals to I would not have let her near them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh no! Sorry it didn’t work for you but thank you so much for the laugh I got reading the dilemma you had!!
Oh god it was horrible. I thought I was going to have to get my husband to go searching for it with the flashlight. I'm scared of them period cups now!! I mentioned it to my Dr. and she looked at me like I was nuts!! Lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Ok. So it took Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum some serious brain power to figure out an activity for their kid.
Uhhhh...we can...??? Uhhhh...Oh, we can make her package the merch we exploit her to sell! Yeah! Oh..and we can sit on the patio! Yeah!
Seriously. That is their education plan. Oh and P's science, cant forget that.

people usually say intellectual/developmental/learning disability:)
Definitely generational. I am 48, and the word was the R word. My sibling is retired from ARC, Association of R Citizens. And retirement acct still has the name. The R word is just what is was called. Like many other things, people made jokes with the term, but many people my age still slip and say it. Not to be disrespectful, simply because thats what it was and what we knew.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
You could tell Pigcilla has zero interest in anything Assa was saying to Isaiah while they were putting the groceries away.... she never joined in or tried to share her opinion in their conversation about Abby - she just seems like she can’t be bothered .....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But an 18 year old high school student cannot get a job and be independent. He has to live with the rents until he goes off to college. He will find himself, most of us do eventually.
If I were Isiah, I would have demanded, sweet talked, begged to get the room Summer was in. If I were the webbles, thank God I am not, I would have said yes because he needs his privacy. But who knows, maybe Isiah IS spending alot of time in Summer's room. 🤨

• Haha
You could tell Pigcilla has zero interest in anything Assa was saying to Isaiah while they were putting the groceries away.... she never joined in or tried to share her opinion in their conversation about Abby - she just seems like she can’t be bothered .....
She was focused on her spray cheese and crackers. :)

• Haha
Who died? I just can’t get through the vlog but people are saying sorry for your loss in the comments.

Reactions: 2
Definitely generational. I am 48, and the word was the R word. My sibling is retired from ARC, Association of R Citizens. And retirement acct still has the name. The R word is just what is was called. Like many other things, people made jokes with the term, but many people my age still slip and say it. Not to be disrespectful, simply because thats what it was and what we knew.
Yep, I am also 48 and once in a while I still slip and say it. I am teaching my kids not to say it. Just because my life revolves around individuals with intellectual disablities and autism. I am only on day three of social distancing and I miss them all.😢

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Abbie is super freakin cute! =(
Speaking of the cute thing. We've all commented on her mouth, and how odd it looks. Did anyone else catch the speech therapist pointing out that the way Abbies mouth/lips are not "normal", and also part of her inability make sounds? I need to rewatch it but I cant determine off hand if she meant it was a birth defect or her inabilty to control her muscles...but I thought it was interesting.

Reactions: 8
Why did Pisscilla NOT go to this speech therapy with Abbie? SHE'S the one who needs to know this, not ASSa who is rarely home with them unless Vlogging!

She knows nothing about what Abbie does or even learns but yet she can't be bothered to get off her ass an go? I don't even want to hear that bullshit she was at the store, she could have taken that sweet girl of their's with her after!

Fathering Autism #10 $omeone $ponsor Us So We Can Stay Ri¢h, Dad's an A$$ and Mom's a Bit¢h
This seems fitting! I agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Who died? I just can’t get through the vlog but people are saying sorry for your loss in the comments.
She's not saying how 2 of her family members died out of respect for them. Hmmmm.....now I wonder.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yep, I am also 48 and once in a while I still slip and say it. I am teaching my kids not to say it. Just because my life revolves around individuals with intellectual disablities and autism. I am only on day three of social distancing and I miss them all.😢
I am an LSW, and was 20 yrs in before the change in terminology. The beginning of an assessment/social background is almost like a script, and becomes rote. Example: "Client is a 20 year old white female, presenting with...." Its been many yrs, but I still have to catch my self from writing it now and then.

Missing my kiddos too. Actually, I miss my grandsons more. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Ya'll this is off topic BUT if you're gamers then Gamestop is having an amazing deal AND they're actually staying open at all locations until they're being forced to shut down. They however even if they need to shut down physical stores plan on having their online shipping still available with even delivery to your car with a 10 person limit in stores.

I went on the site, got a refurbished game system for literally half price and it was a bundle so....I got 4 games with it and then I bought 4 games for it and it was literally under $300, I wanna say like $250 for all of it and considering the bundle came with some decent and popular games, I'm excited for this! They have a special where it's buy 2 for $9.99 and get 2 free! Gamestop redeeming themselves during a crisis! They got the gamers and I love that so much lol

Reactions: 7
He wears his sunglasses at night,at night..am sure it’s keeps him from getting a fright”
“ his cap is embedded on his head,so with sunglasses he wears it to bed”
“ she wears her tiara to bed,to bed”
“ he screams Princess,sweet girl,the son down In his room now wants to hurl”

Sorry...🙃🤪
GrammaL no offense but I think your losing it!🤨🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.